Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The manager & supporter relationship 12:22 - Mar 1 with 883 viewsDaniel

Over the years, as a supporter, I've have various interactions with the manager. My fondest will be Parky often coming to the supporters bar after a game. Even after he'd left the club, he still had time for us - on the way back from an away game at Sunderland he approached us for a chat (he had not long left us for Hull).

Anyway, yesterday to my shock, I had a whole new experience. I posted something on twitter/X about Zach Mitchell not getting a game and I got a private message from Danny Cowley himself 😲

I don't know if this is a common thing - I'm not going to publicise it on twitter - but respect to him for paying attention to supporters views on social media.

For all we know, he could be lurking here too...
The manager & supporter relationship on 14:55 - Mar 1 with 823 viewsSparkfilmsTV

The appointment of the Cowley's brothers lifted everyone's spirits, and especially mine.

Much work lays ahead but these are the guys to do it.

When they were appointed l sent an email to Robbie Cowling with smilies 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊 and kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, very different from previous interactions.
The manager & supporter relationship on 15:15 - Mar 1 with 822 viewsMoor_Pinot

He'd be welcome Daniel. At least he's engaging and open. He'd be the most likely to develop inquisitive interested debate about our club than previous incumbents.
He's got one heck of a job to avoid relegation but a single win may be a great help to him. That and some of our players genuinely buying in to the mire they're in.

Moor Pinot

The manager & supporter relationship on 21:37 - Mar 1 with 771 viewsoxfcolu

I think you would all be surprised by who reads forums. Even footballers and coaches are human. The natural instinct is curious to know what others are thinking. If you are switched on like our new gaffer it can be used to his advantage.
The manager & supporter relationship on 15:33 - Mar 2 with 685 viewsCrashBandicoot

We need to stick with them and allow them to decide which players to keep, bring in and move on this summer. I have no doubt that next season will be a big improvement on the last 4 (including this one). They will need time to put together the team that they want.

Also turning a side from having a run of 8 defeats in 9 to 1 defeat in 8 (albeit with 6 draws) shows that we are making progress. Hopefully the wins are on their way.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

The manager & supporter relationship on 13:51 - Mar 3 with 579 viewsbwildered

Since their appointment, they seem to have gathered various people’s knowledge, views and assessment on the U’s. They would be welcome no doubt on this site by all contributors who only have the fortunes of the U’s has the premium concern. A healthy dialogue present on the site from match day performance and dealings of the club and no doubt would be most welcome to contact anybody if the need raised .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The manager & supporter relationship on 21:24 - Mar 8 with 399 viewsRSCOSWORTH

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68503515

Good to see them getting them someone like Duguid involved. Stuff like this only helps grow and improve the relationship between the club and the fans. Might have been better speaking to Big George this week though as Maidstone turned Barrow over in the FA Cup.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024