Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF We Survive 17:08 - Apr 6 with 1879 viewsunion_jack

And it’s still IF, would you trust Luke Williams with a budget for next year.

Play like this and we’ll be bottom next year. LW doesn’t seem to be able to motivate or woukd he say he doesn’t have the tools??

It’s unlikely he’ll go for financial reasons as much as anything else but let’s look at it hypothetically.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

IF We Survive on 17:12 - Apr 6 with 1362 viewsSwans9

Spin doctors in the club will say we already got targets for next season but we need some quality to come in. We desperate for a quality centre mid and a striker. Just hope Briton Ferry don't keep on winning or we end up with a full back as well. Loads loans and some players will leave in summer so how can the manager build a squad on that.
IF We Survive on 17:22 - Apr 6 with 1327 viewsWhiterockin

Does Williams get a say regarding who is bought and sold.
IF We Survive on 17:24 - Apr 6 with 1305 viewsKeithHaynes

IF We Survive on 17:22 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

Does Williams get a say regarding who is bought and sold.

He’s a part of the process based on who Watson finds.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

IF We Survive on 17:33 - Apr 6 with 1260 viewsWhiterockin

IF We Survive on 17:24 - Apr 6 by KeithHaynes

He’s a part of the process based on who Watson finds.

No excuses from anyone next season then. They have long enough to restructure the team completely, even with out of contract players and loans returning.
IF We Survive on 17:39 - Apr 6 with 1227 viewsFlashberryjack

As soon as the final whistle goes in the last game of the season, I sack the useless git.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

IF We Survive on 17:42 - Apr 6 with 1206 viewsunion_jack

IF We Survive on 17:33 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

No excuses from anyone next season then. They have long enough to restructure the team completely, even with out of contract players and loans returning.

They won’t unless they get players in from training day 1.

You know it will be the end of August and we’ll still be looking for our first proper signing (not the ‘ones for the future’ types).

I know it’s hard to tell what’s going to happen but I really think we will be one of the bookies’ favourites to go down.

IF WE SURVIVE!

IF We Survive on 17:45 - Apr 6 with 1189 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Duff was here would things be any better.? When I see the Grimes Fulton combo with Patino not risked I know what is coming. Boredom safety and fear.

Williams talks one way and acts differently it seems. I would have thought e he would be experimenting and taking risks by now after a series of dull performances. Govea is a risk I suppose but a lot of responsibility on a 17 year old.

Carrick did not need to worry about Swansea. They will do what they do. No innovations no surprises no worries. At least Azeem got game time but not through choice.

Wise sage since Toshack era

IF We Survive on 17:52 - Apr 6 with 1163 viewsonehunglow

It is and always has been IF
Just how can anybody seriously suggest we are safe .
We are capable of losing every game from now on.
No?
Well consider the excreable captain cowardice who wears he armband ,a player incapable of a placing a ball in a decent place not ten yards from the goal mouth.
And he’s on a long term contract .
Want evidence of idiocy? It’s right there . He is lauded by many fans ,Gid bless them.

There is no depth to our owners duplicity and inept absent stewardship.

We need ,ideally ,a complete reset starting with removing this clown of a coach who spouts more dross than anyone before him.BS merchant personified . Too many swallow it .

We need a captain nd Grimes off the books. Yep,heresy I know , but it starts with him,on the pitch.
We need then to sell Wood,the most overrated defender we have ever had. Incredibly slow,dilatory and plain stupid.
What to do with Jerry. The worse signing in living memory for me without doubt . A player without not only abilit but attitude and basic courage . Just get out of the club .
Who will have him? Possibly. League 2 team or Vanarama outfit. No sane coach would want him in their club shirt .
He’s that bad .

We need a goalkeeper. If Rushworth stays then it would be a relief ,if he doesn’t we face having the sight on Fizhwr in a keepers shirt again. Nobody deserves that .

All in all,too right we should be worried

Horrible days right now

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

IF We Survive on 18:04 - Apr 6 with 1136 viewsunion_jack

IF We Survive on 17:52 - Apr 6 by onehunglow

It is and always has been IF
Just how can anybody seriously suggest we are safe .
We are capable of losing every game from now on.
No?
Well consider the excreable captain cowardice who wears he armband ,a player incapable of a placing a ball in a decent place not ten yards from the goal mouth.
And he’s on a long term contract .
Want evidence of idiocy? It’s right there . He is lauded by many fans ,Gid bless them.

There is no depth to our owners duplicity and inept absent stewardship.

We need ,ideally ,a complete reset starting with removing this clown of a coach who spouts more dross than anyone before him.BS merchant personified . Too many swallow it .

We need a captain nd Grimes off the books. Yep,heresy I know , but it starts with him,on the pitch.
We need then to sell Wood,the most overrated defender we have ever had. Incredibly slow,dilatory and plain stupid.
What to do with Jerry. The worse signing in living memory for me without doubt . A player without not only abilit but attitude and basic courage . Just get out of the club .
Who will have him? Possibly. League 2 team or Vanarama outfit. No sane coach would want him in their club shirt .
He’s that bad .

We need a goalkeeper. If Rushworth stays then it would be a relief ,if he doesn’t we face having the sight on Fizhwr in a keepers shirt again. Nobody deserves that .

All in all,too right we should be worried

Horrible days right now

He’s got some decisions to make for sure.

I understand that to sack Grimes as captain during the season may be detrimental overall but next season will be a new one and someone else needs to wear the armband.

IF We Survive on 18:14 - Apr 6 with 1105 viewsonehunglow

IF We Survive on 18:04 - Apr 6 by union_jack

He’s got some decisions to make for sure.

I understand that to sack Grimes as captain during the season may be detrimental overall but next season will be a new one and someone else needs to wear the armband.

He is not a captain
He is slow,insecure and doesn’t motivate
He scores rarely
His free kicks are appalling
His tackling weak
His passing flaky
Apart from that a great player fully deserving of a four year fookn contract
No wonder he loves the club

IF We Survive on 18:27 - Apr 6 with 1072 viewsjack247

Not necessarily trust him with a budget, recruitment isn’t going to be down to him, but certainly invest in a striker and a midfielder for him.

I was wrong about Yates. I kept saying to judge him when he’s in a team creating chances. He gets at least one a game now and never looks like scoring. If anything, he’s worse than. he was earlier in the season because at least he was grafting then.

Then we’ve got the Grimes/Fulton thing. We’ve seen how much better Grimes looks alongside Allen, but the likelihood is neither he nor Walsh will be here next season and if they are they won’t play every week.

I think the commentary team had it spot on today, we were no better or worse than Boro, other than at finishing chances. Same against QPR last week.

I don’t like him blaming players and saying’that can’t happen again’ though. It’s already starting to become repetitive.
IF We Survive on 18:30 - Apr 6 with 1061 viewsonehunglow

IF We Survive on 18:27 - Apr 6 by jack247

Not necessarily trust him with a budget, recruitment isn’t going to be down to him, but certainly invest in a striker and a midfielder for him.

I was wrong about Yates. I kept saying to judge him when he’s in a team creating chances. He gets at least one a game now and never looks like scoring. If anything, he’s worse than. he was earlier in the season because at least he was grafting then.

Then we’ve got the Grimes/Fulton thing. We’ve seen how much better Grimes looks alongside Allen, but the likelihood is neither he nor Walsh will be here next season and if they are they won’t play every week.

I think the commentary team had it spot on today, we were no better or worse than Boro, other than at finishing chances. Same against QPR last week.

I don’t like him blaming players and saying’that can’t happen again’ though. It’s already starting to become repetitive.

Performances are his responsibility

IF We Survive on 18:48 - Apr 6 with 1011 viewsjack247

IF We Survive on 18:30 - Apr 6 by onehunglow

Performances are his responsibility

Yes and the performances are average. We still aren’t getting the results they merit though because we don’t have a goalscorer.

Based on the strikers we’ve had since relegation, put McBurnie, Ayew, Brewster or Piroe in for Yates and we’re probably 2-0 up before they score. That would apply to plenty of games we’ve dropped points this season.

If we don’t back/trust him this summer and we end up with similar striking options, I would actually be concerned about relegation.

In fairness, they spent the thick end of £5m on strikers last summer, but spent it all on one who has failed badly and another who, for whatever reason, is persona non grata.
IF We Survive on 18:51 - Apr 6 with 999 viewsonehunglow

IF We Survive on 18:48 - Apr 6 by jack247

Yes and the performances are average. We still aren’t getting the results they merit though because we don’t have a goalscorer.

Based on the strikers we’ve had since relegation, put McBurnie, Ayew, Brewster or Piroe in for Yates and we’re probably 2-0 up before they score. That would apply to plenty of games we’ve dropped points this season.

If we don’t back/trust him this summer and we end up with similar striking options, I would actually be concerned about relegation.

In fairness, they spent the thick end of £5m on strikers last summer, but spent it all on one who has failed badly and another who, for whatever reason, is persona non grata.

Decent reply
You make a fair point about money spent
It’s proven distastrous regarding Yates.
Tymon is good enough though.
I truly believe a decent coach would see us better
Williams is not a decent coach

IF We Survive on 19:55 - Apr 6 with 920 viewsBillyChong

Williams was a gamble. The owners held on for weeks to get the fans relieved at any appointment ignoring the fact he was from a well backed league 2 side.
IF We Survive on 20:09 - Apr 6 with 894 viewsWhiterockin

IF We Survive on 19:55 - Apr 6 by BillyChong

Williams was a gamble. The owners held on for weeks to get the fans relieved at any appointment ignoring the fact he was from a well backed league 2 side.

We should have stuck with Sheehan.
IF We Survive on 21:15 - Apr 6 with 791 viewsmajorraglan

Looking at the fixtures ahead, while there’s no such thing as a banker and a guaranteed 3 points, I’d like to think that with the fixtures coming up the club a really good chance to pick up the points need to guarantee safety. If they don’t pick up the required points against the likes of Rotherham, then it could be argued they don’t deserve to stay up.
IF We Survive on 21:16 - Apr 6 with 791 viewsSullutaCreturned

IF We Survive on 20:09 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

We should have stuck with Sheehan.

Which was something this not so smart ass (and a few others) said at the time.

I think it was with around 11 games left, then with 7 games left I was saying we werent safe and a fair few disagreed. But here we are with 5 games left and Stoke and Huddersfield coming, lose both of those and we are deep in trouble.

I still believe the trouble with our midfield is Grimes and he is the ever present, the commn denominator for martin and Williams and this style of play.

Yates has been a massive let down but it's still shocking that Kuhareyvich can't get a look in when we are using a player who makes Stevie Wonder look 20/20..

Two decent results this week and we're safe, two bad resilts and things get twitchy. Do we want to be playing Millwall REALLY needing 3 points? Even then, Rotherham are down and with nothing to worry about and with us looking so poor, that's a bananaskin too.

We are sleepwalking into it with a bunch of players who look more and more like they don't care.

I'm sort of with Resloven here, maybe a relegation would be better for us in the long run, as long as it saw the end of these owners, the shipping out of all our deadwood and a proper rebuild.
IF We Survive on 23:35 - Apr 6 with 680 viewsmax936

Should have stuck with Sheehan, why we didn't I don't know, all I can think is that he didn't want the job on a permanent basis.

Who knows apart from Sheehan etc,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

IF We Survive on 23:47 - Apr 6 with 671 viewsmax936

IF We Survive on 19:55 - Apr 6 by BillyChong

Williams was an easy option, because his family were here, why is it the likes of Eustace and others didn't want to come here, why did players turn us down etc.

Word was out about Levien and Co.

I can't see where the next point/points are coming from, we can't score, Andy Robinson was singing our praises first half and we didn't deserve to be one down, yet there was 3 players around Lath when he scored and he was allowed 3/4 touches before he scored.
We have to many players who just go through the motions, whoever signed Yates needs sacking, he's utterly useless.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

IF We Survive on 09:41 - Apr 7 with 575 viewsjackrmee

To the OP. Yes I would.
I still believe he is the man for the job. Not been rosey recently, but if we stay up and improve slowly, season on season, I would like to give him as much time, if not more than Martin.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

IF We Survive on 09:43 - Apr 7 with 569 viewsjackrmee

IF We Survive on 17:12 - Apr 6 by Swans9

Spin doctors in the club will say we already got targets for next season but we need some quality to come in. We desperate for a quality centre mid and a striker. Just hope Briton Ferry don't keep on winning or we end up with a full back as well. Loads loans and some players will leave in summer so how can the manager build a squad on that.

What you mean with the Briton Ferry comment mate?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

IF We Survive on 09:48 - Apr 7 with 557 viewsjackrmee

IF We Survive on 18:27 - Apr 6 by jack247

It’s the truth though.
He must have had a guts full of these players being pussies.
When has he said anything like that before?

IF We Survive on 09:52 - Apr 7 with 552 viewsonehunglow

IF We Survive on 21:16 - Apr 6 by SullutaCreturned

Which was something this not so smart ass (and a few others) said at the time.

I think it was with around 11 games left, then with 7 games left I was saying we werent safe and a fair few disagreed. But here we are with 5 games left and Stoke and Huddersfield coming, lose both of those and we are deep in trouble.

I still believe the trouble with our midfield is Grimes and he is the ever present, the commn denominator for martin and Williams and this style of play.

Yates has been a massive let down but it's still shocking that Kuhareyvich can't get a look in when we are using a player who makes Stevie Wonder look 20/20..

Two decent results this week and we're safe, two bad resilts and things get twitchy. Do we want to be playing Millwall REALLY needing 3 points? Even then, Rotherham are down and with nothing to worry about and with us looking so poor, that's a bananaskin too.

We are sleepwalking into it with a bunch of players who look more and more like they don't care.

I'm sort of with Resloven here, maybe a relegation would be better for us in the long run, as long as it saw the end of these owners, the shipping out of all our deadwood and a proper rebuild.

We do need rebuilding but can so so from where we are now
We do need to rip up the mindset still haunting us
Duff was no worse than Williams

IF We Survive on 10:05 - Apr 7 with 534 viewsjackrmee

IF We Survive on 18:48 - Apr 6 by jack247

I agree with this. I’m not blaming the manager for the position we are in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024