Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS 18:28 - Apr 9 with 2237 viewsdurham_exile

So, yet another defeat on Saturday and just six games to play now. The Cowleys have secured 15 points from 15 games. Frankly too many draws.

Stockport County led by Dave Challinor come with one hand on the League Two Championship and will offer the U’s sternest test of the season.

I went to the game at Edgeley Park where a goal either side of the interval did for the U’s. Yes it was a close game but I am sick and tired of the same old excuses being trotted out from successive managers. The excuses have got to stop and we must find a way to see games out from winning positions.

Our defence is too porous and we repeatedly fail to inflict the killer blow when we had a slender lead. DC was furious after Saturday and rightly so. A goal up and then we failed to play, they equalised and there was an inevitability about the closing stages.

You just knew that Colchester would concede a last-minute goal and so it proved.
Now I have toyed with writing that we have no chance this evening and that we will lose by 3 or 4 goals. I have never written that regardless of who we play or where, so I’m not going to start now.

Instead, I’m going for a narrow 1-0 Colchester victory. We need the game and performance of the season against arguably the best team in the league. Alistair Smith deserves to score the goal.

Time to take the game to the opposition and show a steadfast determination against the Hatters, who if FGR inflict a defeat on Mansfield (quite possible because they were woeful against Crawley) and we lose tonight, then Stockport will be promoted to League One at 9.35pm.

One thing is sure I want to be at Brunton Park next season for the Carlisle game. One of my favourite Away trips (it helps that it is only 55 miles door to door) now that we know they have been relegated.

Let’s consider the remaining fixtures:

Grimsby 41 43
Harrogate A
Crewe A
COL U A
Swindon H
Crawley A

Sutton 43 39
Harrogate A
Crawley H
MK Dons A

Colchester 40 38
Stockport H
Crawley A
Grimsby H
Notts Co A
Doncaster H
Crewe H

FGR 42 36
Mansfield A
Wrexham A
Morecambe A
Notts Co H

Let’s say that FGR have effectively gone and it’s between Sutton and the U’s for the other position. Don’t forget Sutton were dead and buried but four straight wins transformed things and Sutton can win two out of the three and so we need another 7 points minimum from our remaining six games. Grimsby have probably just about saved themselves.

Frankly its shocking and this has to be the last season of abject performances and results and struggle. It does no one any good and is not good for persons of a nervous disposition. No team deserves to stay up on reputation alone, it has to be earned. We have had four years of constant struggle and 16 years of slow decline and it has to stop right now.

The losing culture, negativity and disappointments are legion. John Cleese uttered one of the most apposite lines in any film when he said, “It’s not the despair, I can take the despair, it’s the hope I can’t stand”.

All diehard U’s fans can relate to that, I have experienced that feeling for 54 years, many on this board for a lot longer. But we keep coming back and frankly and bizarrely I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

So, six games to save our season and probably the next few years because it is no easy way back from the National League. Ask Chesterfield, Barnet, Halifax, Aldershot, Oldham, Southend, Rochdale, Hartlepool and York.

The Saltergate crew have managed to get back at long last and would hope to set the league alight next season. We want to be there with them too.

DC rightly exploded post-match, only Colchester can achieve the biggest gate of the season and then take the lead but lose their shape and simply stop playing when they needed it most.

The attendance wont be 8,500 tonight, probably half that (Stockport may well bring more than Wrexham did) but the faithful must get behind our team and inspire them to a memorable win which will kill the fight in Sutton and FGR without question.

But who does DC select:

I understand that Iandolo is unfit and so something like the following is required:

Goodman

Mingi Hall Kells Dallison

Smith McGeehan Read

Fevrier Tovide Anderson

Subs:
Hornby Jay Chilvers Wilkinson Ihionvien Akinde Hopper

We want the table to look like this after tonight’s game:
Grimsby 42 43
COL U 41 41
Sutton 43 39
FGR 43 36

Not wishful thinking, but the result of 90+ minutes of endeavour and commitment from the U’s.

Weather at the JCS will be 10 degrees Celsius with dry conditions but breezy.

Enjoy the game.

iFollow is available to the Exiles.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 18:37 - Apr 9 with 1458 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Iandolo being unavailable is far from ideal. We've been lacking in full backs for the majority of the season and it's left us either playing in a strange formation or with players playing out of position or both.

We have beaten the league leaders twice already this season and now would be a great time to make it a hat-trick. A few weeks ago Stockport were rocking but they've steadied the ship admirably since. Let's hope they turn up with a bit of complacency and that somehow we can get our noses in front and keep them there.

Up the U's!!!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 19:11 - Apr 9 with 1428 viewsdurham_exile

Team

Goodman

Mingi Kells Hall Iandolo

Chilvers Read McGeehan

Akinde Hopper Anderson

Subs
Hornby
Dallison
Richardson
Smith
Fevrier
Ihionvien
Tovide

Good to see Iandolo

Staggered to see Chilvers back and Smith on the bench
Great to see Richardson back albeit on the bench

Hope that Tovide and Ihionvien get important minutes tonight

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 19:39 - Apr 9 with 1416 viewsdurham_exile

Sparse support in the East stand.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 19:57 - Apr 9 with 1405 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 19:39 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Sparse support in the East stand.

Come on the U's

Stockport are not having to do anything we are making basic errors.

Tonight is not the night to play out from the back.

Get it forward early.

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 19:58 - Apr 9 with 1398 viewsMoor_Pinot

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 19:57 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Stockport are not having to do anything we are making basic errors.

Tonight is not the night to play out from the back.

Get it forward early.

Not convinced we'll get a lot tonight. 3000 and V little atmosphere.

Moor Pinot

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:02 - Apr 9 with 1395 viewsdurham_exile

Now that Richardson is back I would like to see Mingi play in midfield.

His drive and determination is needed alongside Read and McGeehan.

Also Alistair Smith must play.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:08 - Apr 9 with 1390 viewsdurham_exile

Mansfield take the lead against FGR

Predictable

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:18 - Apr 9 with 1371 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:08 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Mansfield take the lead against FGR

Predictable

Shocking another soft goal conceded.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:19 - Apr 9 with 1366 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:18 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Shocking another soft goal conceded.

A great shame because it was pretty even at that stage.

Now can we get back into this game.

Come on.

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:25 - Apr 9 with 1343 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:19 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

A great shame because it was pretty even at that stage.

Now can we get back into this game.

Come on.

Bring Fevrier or Smith on and quick

Any doubt about Anderson take him off

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:30 - Apr 9 with 1326 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:25 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Bring Fevrier or Smith on and quick

Any doubt about Anderson take him off

Get in
1-1
McGeehan

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:34 - Apr 9 with 1315 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:30 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Get in
1-1
McGeehan

We can win this game.

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:38 - Apr 9 with 1308 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:34 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

We can win this game.

HT

Good half from the U's

Mingi outstanding.

Now to win it.

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:52 - Apr 9 with 1278 viewsthrillseeker

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:38 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

HT

Good half from the U's

Mingi outstanding.

Now to win it.

Durham - are you having a laugh about the first half performance?

Both teams shocking.

We look so disjointed. Once again I feel the Cowleys are getting away with their tactics purely based on their name.

Piss poor attendance - especially surprised at the lack of numbers from Stockport.

Second half can only be better.

In some ways I wish I had stayed at home and paid £10 on iFollow.
Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:52 - Apr 9 with 1278 viewsnoah4x4

Report from inside the ground at HT. It would surprise me if the gate exceeds 3,500. West and East stand very sparse. However, I suspect around 400 visitors.

Stockport very dangerous early on, but we settled down a looked decent before Goodman gifted a goal. Looked like an OG to me. Now back in it. We might see a miracle, but frankly, a point will do. Need full concentration, and good use of subs as teams tire.
Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:02 - Apr 9 with 1263 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 20:52 - Apr 9 by thrillseeker

Durham - are you having a laugh about the first half performance?

Both teams shocking.

We look so disjointed. Once again I feel the Cowleys are getting away with their tactics purely based on their name.

Piss poor attendance - especially surprised at the lack of numbers from Stockport.

Second half can only be better.

In some ways I wish I had stayed at home and paid £10 on iFollow.

TS I am wearing my rose tinted specs

But in truth we are matching our so called illustrious opponents

We can win this.

736 from Stockport

4116 attendance.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:04 - Apr 9 with 1256 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:02 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

TS I am wearing my rose tinted specs

But in truth we are matching our so called illustrious opponents

We can win this.

736 from Stockport

4116 attendance.

Up the U's

Offside then fortunately.

Goodman is sadly having a nightmare tonight.

Come on the U's.

Don't delay in bringing on some subs.

Tovide and Ihionvien.

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:10 - Apr 9 with 1240 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:04 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Offside then fortunately.

Goodman is sadly having a nightmare tonight.

Come on the U's.

Don't delay in bringing on some subs.

Tovide and Ihionvien.

FFS now 2-1 down after our best spell of the game.

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:13 - Apr 9 with 1236 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:10 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

FFS now 2-1 down after our best spell of the game.

Come on we can get back into this game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:16 - Apr 9 with 1233 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:13 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Come on we can get back into this game.

Up the U's

I'm getting really angry now
Another wasted penalty.
No excuses

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:19 - Apr 9 with 1228 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:16 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

I'm getting really angry now
Another wasted penalty.
No excuses

Put it right in the corner and no keeper can possibly save it.

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:25 - Apr 9 with 1203 viewsCrashBandicoot

A simple penalty and we fluff it. Dc needs to show the players videos of when we beat spurs in the penalty shootout years ago...

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:25 - Apr 9 with 1201 viewsMoor_Pinot

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:19 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Put it right in the corner and no keeper can possibly save it.

We've had three penalties this season, missed all of them. Just another symptom of how deeply damaged the U's are.
Garner had it 100% correct - losing culture.
And my goodness it is so deeply ingrown.
It's going to take years.

Moor Pinot

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:34 - Apr 9 with 1180 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:25 - Apr 9 by Moor_Pinot

We've had three penalties this season, missed all of them. Just another symptom of how deeply damaged the U's are.
Garner had it 100% correct - losing culture.
And my goodness it is so deeply ingrown.
It's going to take years.

Once again self inflicted

Keeper error and penalty miss.

But once again we should have had a point.
It's shocking.

Durham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:39 - Apr 9 with 1160 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to lose their heads in defeat to DC's blue and white army at the JCS on 21:34 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Once again self inflicted

Keeper error and penalty miss.

But once again we should have had a point.
It's shocking.

This is so disappointing

5 mins to get a point.

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024