Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points 23:10 - Apr 9 with 858 viewsfranksic1988

Having sat in W4 since DC took over I’ve seen DC/NC and their 2 assistance conflabing like school girls virtually every game.

DC/NC - always in the technical area yapping away. Some makes sense some it’s just white noise. Very rarely does it result in a goal. It’s just for him to keep busy.

Set piece coach - randomly jumping up shouting out to players who half the time look at him like he has recited the alphabet in mandarin. Who also lets midfielders take pens when strikers are on the pitch.

It’s getting way to silly for a club that hardly even wins a game. What’s happened to the basics of playing football. Do we even know what our strongest team
Is. Every week we are changing our team on the basis of what the data said on the team we are playing.

This is league 2 football how about we get the basics rite and pick our Colchester Utd best 11 and try and win a game.

15 games 15 points yes the players do let us down… but it’s coming to a point now where I think are the coaching staff letting them down as well.

No one but the goalie can take the blame for the first goal tonight … this post is based on 15 games not a goal keeper error.
[Post edited 9 Apr 23:21]
4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 10:21 - Apr 10 with 757 viewsRSCOSWORTH

What's the alternative? Change the management team again? That's worked really well the last four seasons! Ultimately whether you rate the Cowley's or not they're our management team and we need to stick with them regardless. They're proven at this level, above and below and I very much doubt we could employ a manager or coach with a better CV right now. Remember they are 15 matches in with a squad that isn't their own and dealing with numerous injuries along the way. Yes it's only 15 points from and two wins but it's also only four defeats and two of them were against the best two teams in the division, according to the table. We are pretty close to being a competitive team in this division again, we just need to stay in it and next season we'll be at the right end of the table.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 10:50 - Apr 10 with 754 viewsfranksic1988

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 10:21 - Apr 10 by RSCOSWORTH

What's the alternative? Change the management team again? That's worked really well the last four seasons! Ultimately whether you rate the Cowley's or not they're our management team and we need to stick with them regardless. They're proven at this level, above and below and I very much doubt we could employ a manager or coach with a better CV right now. Remember they are 15 matches in with a squad that isn't their own and dealing with numerous injuries along the way. Yes it's only 15 points from and two wins but it's also only four defeats and two of them were against the best two teams in the division, according to the table. We are pretty close to being a competitive team in this division again, we just need to stay in it and next season we'll be at the right end of the table.

We can not change them.. but maybe the ethos needs to change worry about our own house rather than the next door neighbours ( our opponents )

Agree a lot will and need to be shipped out.. but the new players will take time to bed in. So first half of next season will be bedding in.

Garner got sacked when we was in an injury crisis. I was super excited when DC was announced but other than making us harder to beat nothing is changing. Ok we have average players but not one player has improved under their management either.

They also make some head spinning decisions with line ups and Subs….

The clubs up sh*t creek. But I think keep turning a blind eye hoping on a wing and prey super DC is going to change the club on his own he won’t !
4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 11:10 - Apr 10 with 743 viewsthrillseeker

I think the Cowley;s long term will do well but I am concerned the long term may commence in the National League

We need to dig out 2 wins and a draw minimum from remaining games
4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 11:11 - Apr 10 with 742 viewsRSCOSWORTH

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 10:50 - Apr 10 by franksic1988

We can not change them.. but maybe the ethos needs to change worry about our own house rather than the next door neighbours ( our opponents )

Agree a lot will and need to be shipped out.. but the new players will take time to bed in. So first half of next season will be bedding in.

Garner got sacked when we was in an injury crisis. I was super excited when DC was announced but other than making us harder to beat nothing is changing. Ok we have average players but not one player has improved under their management either.

They also make some head spinning decisions with line ups and Subs….

The clubs up sh*t creek. But I think keep turning a blind eye hoping on a wing and prey super DC is going to change the club on his own he won’t !

Majority of the squad are under contract until the end of next season so don't expect too many to leave as I can't see clubs coming in for them which would leave us having to pay up their contracts, not something I can see us doing.

He did, the wrong decision in my opinion, but he also wasn't helped by a negative fanbase who helped push him out the door. Being hard to beat is so important at this level, once you've got that you can build and then start winning football matches more regularly. The season before we got promoted from League One we went unbeaten in 11 but only won four. I don't think we have average players, not at this level anyway, but they haven't performed to the levels that they should be. I think Hopper and Mingi are much improved under the Cowley's personally and other players are definitely more consistent than they were previously.

Playing Mingi as a third centre back seemed like a head spinning decision and he's been a revelation in that position.

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 11:47 - Apr 10 with 725 viewsdurham_exile

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 11:11 - Apr 10 by RSCOSWORTH

Majority of the squad are under contract until the end of next season so don't expect too many to leave as I can't see clubs coming in for them which would leave us having to pay up their contracts, not something I can see us doing.

He did, the wrong decision in my opinion, but he also wasn't helped by a negative fanbase who helped push him out the door. Being hard to beat is so important at this level, once you've got that you can build and then start winning football matches more regularly. The season before we got promoted from League One we went unbeaten in 11 but only won four. I don't think we have average players, not at this level anyway, but they haven't performed to the levels that they should be. I think Hopper and Mingi are much improved under the Cowley's personally and other players are definitely more consistent than they were previously.

Playing Mingi as a third centre back seemed like a head spinning decision and he's been a revelation in that position.

Mingi made some lung bursting runs last night and was normally taken out in agricultural style.

Now that Richardson is back I expect to see Mingi play midfield.

He would replace Anderson who was injured last night.

The Crawley game is now a must win in my view.
Points needed sooner rather than later.

5 games, seven points required - if we win on Saturday then that will ease the intolerable pressure on the staff and players.

Finally there is no way that we should change management again.

DC and NC will do well next season.but we must survive this season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 14:14 - Apr 10 with 696 viewsfranksic1988

I’m stuck on to why all the optimism for next season 15 games in and we are still in the shit? How many players are we realistically looking to sign next season? Maybe a CF but we won’t be getting 5/6 players will we. Maybe a few on loan!

Im not to sure all our preys will be answered next season! But here is hoping
[Post edited 10 Apr 14:15]
4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 14:51 - Apr 10 with 687 viewsRSCOSWORTH

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 14:14 - Apr 10 by franksic1988

I’m stuck on to why all the optimism for next season 15 games in and we are still in the shit? How many players are we realistically looking to sign next season? Maybe a CF but we won’t be getting 5/6 players will we. Maybe a few on loan!

Im not to sure all our preys will be answered next season! But here is hoping
[Post edited 10 Apr 14:15]

Performances have been far better than the results suggest. We've only got 15 points from those games but could easily be half of that again with a bit more luck and some better finishing. Out of those 15 games you could argue we've been the better side in at least 10 of them and no one has come close to outplaying us. Add in a bit of confidence and momentum and all of a sudden we're a good side again. As I said above, not many players will be leaving so it's unlikely we'll be in a position to sign five or six new players. I suspect there will be at least three or four should we stay up though.

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 15:34 - Apr 10 with 680 viewsbwildered

During the recent broadcasted Mansfield away fixture, wondered who they all were in the dugout.
No doubting the set pieces and retaining possession has vastly improved recently.
But the end game four coaches and a two iPads are not present ON the field come kick off and only only involved in pre prep were the hard work must be done.
That’s where it all has to come together come what may .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 15:56 - Apr 10 with 673 viewsfranksic1988

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 14:51 - Apr 10 by RSCOSWORTH

Performances have been far better than the results suggest. We've only got 15 points from those games but could easily be half of that again with a bit more luck and some better finishing. Out of those 15 games you could argue we've been the better side in at least 10 of them and no one has come close to outplaying us. Add in a bit of confidence and momentum and all of a sudden we're a good side again. As I said above, not many players will be leaving so it's unlikely we'll be in a position to sign five or six new players. I suspect there will be at least three or four should we stay up though.

But if we don’t think there will be an overhaul of players… no more than say January ( we signed 4 on loan ) why would it all change next season. Forget luck / unluck possession passes all the stats. We was 5 points clear of relegation when he took over ( looking to finish 12th ) now in the relegation zone. If someone had said when we announced him after 15 games he would have won only 2 I’d of been dumbstruck !! The league doesn’t lie we are going backwards! To win 2 games in 15 isn’t good in anyone’s book.

I think he is a lovely geezer and seems to know how to keep people happy ( fans especially ) people that are good at things get wins and make things happen. I don’t see him / them getting any better. It’s just overcomplicated coaching to mask the fact there is not a lot of substance! Time will tell I think we will stay up. But I don’t think next year we will be flying up the table. 15 games is enough to get a rough idea of that lays ahead
4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 16:04 - Apr 10 with 669 viewsRSCOSWORTH

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 15:56 - Apr 10 by franksic1988

But if we don’t think there will be an overhaul of players… no more than say January ( we signed 4 on loan ) why would it all change next season. Forget luck / unluck possession passes all the stats. We was 5 points clear of relegation when he took over ( looking to finish 12th ) now in the relegation zone. If someone had said when we announced him after 15 games he would have won only 2 I’d of been dumbstruck !! The league doesn’t lie we are going backwards! To win 2 games in 15 isn’t good in anyone’s book.

I think he is a lovely geezer and seems to know how to keep people happy ( fans especially ) people that are good at things get wins and make things happen. I don’t see him / them getting any better. It’s just overcomplicated coaching to mask the fact there is not a lot of substance! Time will tell I think we will stay up. But I don’t think next year we will be flying up the table. 15 games is enough to get a rough idea of that lays ahead

At the end of the day you can see it however you want to see it, some people will agree with you, others will not. If your outlook is that we've got worse and are only likely to get worse still then I guess you won't be disappointed if that happens. I'm naturally more optimistic and feel that in the last 15 games we've shown enough to imply that we can compete at the top end of this division. Hopefully next season we'll get to find out who's view is closer to reality.

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 16:21 - Apr 10 with 666 viewsBLACKCAT

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 16:04 - Apr 10 by RSCOSWORTH

At the end of the day you can see it however you want to see it, some people will agree with you, others will not. If your outlook is that we've got worse and are only likely to get worse still then I guess you won't be disappointed if that happens. I'm naturally more optimistic and feel that in the last 15 games we've shown enough to imply that we can compete at the top end of this division. Hopefully next season we'll get to find out who's view is closer to reality.

I share your optimistic view. From the moment the Cowleys were announced I've been confident Colchester United would avoid relegation this season. If the brothers are given a competitive budget in the summer I'd expect a promotion challenge next season.
4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 23:13 - Apr 10 with 594 viewsdurham_exile

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 16:21 - Apr 10 by BLACKCAT

I share your optimistic view. From the moment the Cowleys were announced I've been confident Colchester United would avoid relegation this season. If the brothers are given a competitive budget in the summer I'd expect a promotion challenge next season.

My thoughts entirely.

We will survive this season and challenge for top seven next season.

Sort the pitch over the summer. Decent signings required and then we go again.

DC has steadied the ship without doubt.

People need to remember we have been declining for 16 years and the last four seasons have been awful.

DC will turn this around.

Crawley is a must win which will kill Sutton and FGR off once and for all.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 06:33 - Apr 11 with 572 viewsfranksic1988

4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 23:13 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

My thoughts entirely.

We will survive this season and challenge for top seven next season.

Sort the pitch over the summer. Decent signings required and then we go again.

DC has steadied the ship without doubt.

People need to remember we have been declining for 16 years and the last four seasons have been awful.

DC will turn this around.

Crawley is a must win which will kill Sutton and FGR off once and for all.

Up the U's

How has he steadied the ship…. We are now in the relegation zone when we wasn’t when he took over ?? …. It’s already been established on here that a lot of players still have a season to run on their contracts so we won’t be shipping them out. As to say we will be pushing for top 7 no evidence to back that up. It’s all wishful thinking and head in the sand stuff.

I believe we will stay up. But I do not think it’s going to be a walk in the park next season.
4 coaches 2 iPads 0 points on 09:20 - Apr 19 with 370 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Since Danny and Nicky took over in January only one team has lost less games in League Two than Col U, Stockport.

We may only be 16th in the form table in that time but we were probably 24th when they took over so a significant improvement.

We're conceding a lot less goals than we were previously whilst scoring at a similar rate.

Also, I feel like we've been in every game we've played. In the four defeats we've had only one is by more than one goal and that was in stoppage time and you could argue that we should've got something from both Wrexham and Stockport and we definitely should've got something from the Harrogate game. Three of our defeats have been against teams in the top 6 (1st, 3rd and 6th) so we're really aren't that far off being competitive in this division.

Admittedly we didn't go from losing games to winning games, like say Salford did, but you have to remember Salford are a team that were in the play offs last season and we're in our fourth relegation battle. It's going to be a slow and steady rebuilding job but we are definitely on the right track and I'm feeling optimistic about having a much better season next season.
[Post edited 19 Apr 9:38]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024