Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables 21:48 - Apr 20 with 642 viewsmfb_cufc

Week 38 results

LUTON TOWN 1 BRENTFORD 5

Yoane Wissa scored twice as Brentford made easy work of Luton to pull 10 points clear of the relegation zone. Nobody got this spot-on, but 10 did have the outcome.

SHEFFIELD UNITED 1 BURNLEY 4
Burnley gave their Premier League survival hopes a huge boost with a vital victory to push bottom side United further towards relegation. Again nobody had this spot-on, though 11 did get the outcome.

CARDIFF CITY 2 SOUTHAMPTON 1
Cardiff get a 96th minute winner, as they came from behind to put a huge dent in Southampton's automatic promotion hopes. Yet again nobody got this spot-on, and only unitedwhites and burnsieespana had the outcome. 23 predicted a win for Southampton.

STOKE CITY 3 PLYMOUTH ARGYLE 0
Stoke all but secured their Championship safety with a comfortable win against Plymouth, who remain in a relegation battle. Another game with no 3 pointer, but 16 did have the outcome.

BLACKPOOL 3 BARNSLEY 2
Blackpool kept their play-off hopes alive with a win over their fellow promotion chasers. Again no 3 pointer from this game, though 17 did have the outcome.

BURTON ALBION 3 READING 2
Buton secured a first win on home soil in nine attempts, that could be a crucial three points in their fight against relegation. Yet another game with no 3 pointer, but 6 did get the outcome.

DONCASTER ROVERS 4 BARROW 2
Doncaster roared back from two goals down to beat their play-off rivals and secure a ninth successive win. Another game with no 3 pointer, though 22 did have the outcome, with 11 going for a 2-0 in what was the weeks most predicted score.

GRIMSBY TOWN 2 SWINDON TOWN 0
Grimsby secured League Two survival with this victory, as Swindon fail to have a shot on target. Well done to gerry_us for being the only one to have this spot-on, and a further 12 got the outcome.

NOTTS COUNTY 1 COLCHESTER UNITED 0
Macaulay Langstaff's 28th league goal of the season means Colchester are still not safe. A final game this week with no 3 pointer, but 6 did have the outcome.

SUTTON UNITED 2 CRAWLEY TOWN 2
Sutton's League Two survival hopes were left hanging by a thread after being denied a priceless win by a 91st minute Crawley equaliser. Only burnsieespana and BFG had this spot-on, and another 10 got the outcome.

We went into the final week of the season with some issues still to be decided, especially in the Division One promotion. It turned out to be a week where the results were more in line to the FA Cup, where 3 pointers in the Happy Cup are as rare as hens teeth. Without checking back through the records, I think the 40 goals scored must be some sort of record for a 10 game league week, as are only 3 spot-ons. Those 3 pointers were shared out, with the best performance coming from gerry_us, who had six outcomes, to go with the good Grimsby 2-0 prediction, to make him the weeks top scorer with an excellent 9 points.

In the Premier It is congratulations to concordman on winning his second title in the last three seasons. He went top in Week 2, and that is where he stayed for the rest of the season. A strong second-half to the season, secured RSCOSWORTH his highest ever finish in second, and gives him another go at honours in the Charity Shield. A best ever finish also for blueeagle in third. Another consistent season for thrillseeker, where he was the only other one to lead the table in Week 1, and finishes fourth. After a slow start to the season unitedwhites and mfb_cufc both recovered to spend a number of weeks in second, and then fell away to finish fifth and sixth. After fighting relegation in the first-half of the season, Sector4 had a good run of form to move up to third, but had to settle for a seventh place in the end. A satisfactory first season in the Premier for oxfcolu, where he flirted with relegation at times, but avoided it safely in eighth. A good first-half to the season for ghughes11, but then dropped away to finish ninth, without ever looking like being relegated. Nobody has been relegated after getting a century of outcomes, until noah4x4 this season, when it was a lack of 3 pointers that did it for him. He has won the Division One title twice before, so will be confident of a quick return. He is joined in Division One by Moor_Pinot, who makes an instant return after promotion the previous season.

In Division One It is congratualations to Daniel on winning the title, and making an instant return to the Premier, after his relegation the previous season. He is joined by burnsieespana, after his incredible end to the season, that saw him rise from ninth after Week 31, to take the other automatic spot. After spending many week in the top two, basher2010 finished third. After moving into the play-offs in Week 22, bwildered stayed in them for the rest of the season, and finished fourth. After leading the table for the first five weeks, BFG dropped away, and then a good end to the season got him in the play-offs to finish fifth. In the final play-off spot is Tropical_Us, who spent the whole season in and out of the top six, but finished in it when it mattered. Just losing out on the most 3 pointer rule was Blue4U2, but he still has a chance of honours in the U'sual Champions League. A decent return to the Happy League for Colukev, where he spent some weeks in the top six, but finished eighth in the end. After a slow start to the season, a good second-half looked to have secured a play-off spot for [bLewis_1, but a poor last few weeks means he finishes ninth. After trying to avoid the wooden spoon for most of the season, a good end to the season moved Madeira163 up to finish tenth. Another to be challenging for the wooden spoon was gerry_us, but that excellent final week moved him up three places to finish eleventh. After a slow start to his first season Jorash63 recovered to still be second after Week 25, but then went into free fall to finish twelfth. A reasonable start to the season for wessex_exile, that saw him top after Week 9, was as good as it got, and he fell away to finish thirteenth. He spent most of the season trying to avoid the wooden spoon, and durham_exile did just that by finishing fourteenth. A real roller coaster first season for TheRams, that started real slow, but recoverd to such an extent, that he was second after Week 16, and then he went into free fall to finish with the wooden spoon.

THE FINAL TABLES (280 out of 280 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

The draw for the Charity Shield Semi-finals

concordman v durham_exile

RSCOSWORTH v Daniel

The Division One Play-off Semi-finals

basher2010 v Tropical_Us

bwildered v BFG

Full details for the above games will be on a separate thread on Sunday.
[Post edited 21 Apr 17:06]

mfb

Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 17:31 - Apr 21 with 525 viewsMoor_Pinot

What a lot of selfless work goes into giving us all a bit of amusement for 38 weeks of our year! Thank you Mick!
Truly wonderful organisation week after week and so very much appreciated, thank you so!

Moor Pinot

Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 19:39 - Apr 21 with 508 viewsBFG

I agree thank you for your organisation, you are the glue for the site
Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 20:27 - Apr 21 with 498 viewsColukev

Yes thanks Mick! Another great season in the Happy league
Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 06:59 - Apr 22 with 460 viewsnoah4x4

Thanks Mick for managing a superb season, albeit a relegation disaster for me. I’m looking forward to your usual analysis of results, so I can adjust my future tactics.

For many seasons I have enjoyed HLPL success by avoiding predicting draws and I suspect that in this last season the incidence of 1-1 and 2-2 have been uncharacteristically high (?), whilst 1-0, 0-1, 2-1 and 1-2 probably feature on far fewer occasions than normal? Extended added time has probably increased the average goals per game (?) and I reckon that is where I need to adjust future tactics.

My formulaic tactics based on historic propensity of some scores to feature most have this season failed me by a huge shortfall of three pointers, despite me being top of the outcomes. Three pointers are crucial, and that’s a reminder to DC and NC as too many draws have also put the U’s on brink of relegation.
Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 08:47 - Apr 22 with 439 viewsburnsieespana

Thanks mick for another great competition.
Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 09:41 - Apr 22 with 435 viewsbwildered

Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 08:47 - Apr 22 by burnsieespana

Thanks mick for another great competition.

Yes, many thanks Mick for crunching the predictions for the season .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 15:27 - Apr 22 with 405 viewsgerry_us

Many thanks for all the time and effort you obviously give to this task. Something will be missing late Saturday nights for a few months now.
I'll try harder next year, honest
Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 00:26 - Apr 23 with 356 viewsdurham_exile

Superb organisation and stats once again Mick.

Thank you for your continued stewardship of the happy league.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 07:54 - Apr 23 with 334 viewsthrillseeker

Echo the other comments

Thanks very much for organising and providing brilliant commentary.

A simple concept that brings light hearted relief from watching the U's

Thanks Mick
Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 07:58 - Apr 27 with 204 viewsghughes11

Finish ahead of Noah and you'll win the league they said!

Hoping Col U stumble over the finish line like I did this season

Cheers Mick. Here's to a few more 1-0's next season

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 09:25 - Apr 27 with 196 viewsDaniel

A big thanks to Mick for another great season. I genuinely feel that without this the forum wouldn't be as strong as it is.
Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 10:32 - Apr 27 with 190 viewswessex_exile

Happy League 2023/24 The Final Tables on 09:25 - Apr 27 by Daniel

A big thanks to Mick for another great season. I genuinely feel that without this the forum wouldn't be as strong as it is.

Couldn’t agree more, another great season Mick - thanks!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024