Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday 15:42 - Aug 31 with 960 viewsdurham_exile

So three games in and the JW unbeaten U’s travel to early league one pace setters Tranmere Rovers on the Wirrall.

Ronnie Moore’s team came unstuck at Villa Park in midweek in the Capital One Cup, but in fairness they were unlikely to come away with much from that tie.

Make no mistake this league match will be another tough one. However the weather is set to improve and the warmer conditions will suit the U’s (and the travelling faithful) who have already come through a stern test on the opening day in sultry conditions at Deepdale.

JW has the luxury of a fully fit squad and so could line up as follows:
4-3-3 on paper but 4-5-1 in reality:

Cousins

Wilson Magnus Eastman Rose

Bean O’Toole Woody

Henderson Morrison Sears

Subs:

Pentney, Heath, Bond, White, Massey, Izzet, Wright

Now I was very impressed with both O’Toole and Bean at Preston and JW appears to have identified an excellent midfield partnership.

Rose too had an encouraging game at Deepdale and after his heroics against Pompey will get the nod to roam. I am however still not happy that he goes walkabout and leaves the left side of defence with inadequate cover on occasion.

My only criticism of Cousins is that he appears quiet when he perhaps needs to be more commanding vocally in the box. However his shot stopping and distribution are very good.

Wilson is consistently good (vibrations) and Magnus (now he knows how to score in the opposition net) is in imperious form. JW appears to be mixing and matching Eastman and Heath depending on opposition strike forces.

Marcus Bean as mentioned could be the signing of the season and a fit O’Toole is like a new player in the team so I hope that they can continue their impressive partnership.

Now if Woody escapes the attentions of Championship clubs today (and I hope that he does) he can begin to make the sort of impression that his ability suggests he can. I tend to find that he does the bare minimum when he has loads more potential and talent.

Henderson has been mercurial of late. He was at his annoying worst at Deepdale, niggling fouls and moaning when he need to knuckle down, late on in the game he started to play and almost won the game for the U’s.

Freddie Sears looked more confident on the ball at Preston, I do wish that JW would play him in a more advanced role however. He is wasted on the half way line.

The best for last; Clinton Morrison is still Championship class and a real motivator, he organises the pre match huddle (which has returned after a couple of years absence), leads the players over to the faithful at the end of the game and has the ability to hold the ball up superbly and his ability to turn with the ball is delightful to watch.

From the substitute’s bench depending upon his match fitness, I would like to see Gavin Massey run at the Tranmere defence perhaps with 20 minutes to go. The unlucky Andy Bond will also get some minutes late on and if required the youngster Wright could also be blooded.

This could be the U’s season and if it is then we need to win at Tranmere to get the band wagon rolling properly — with Brentford, Doncaster and Crawley to come next, we can expect some physical battles.

Safe journey to all travelling U’s

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 19:59 - Sep 2 with 883 viewsBaldrick

Well I just read on a forum elswhere we have had " one win in 18 games !! "
Championship material " Ur havin a laugh Mr Ward "
And Robbie cant see why the gates are falling ""
What do I know I'm an old pensioner.
Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 07:57 - Sep 3 with 856 viewsdurham_exile

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 19:59 - Sep 2 by Baldrick

Well I just read on a forum elswhere we have had " one win in 18 games !! "
Championship material " Ur havin a laugh Mr Ward "
And Robbie cant see why the gates are falling ""
What do I know I'm an old pensioner.

Baldrick - as Paddy Power might say - We hear you

I'm afraid Saturday was worse than even you could have imagined

Durham_exile

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 13:22 - Sep 3 with 843 viewsBaldrick

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 07:57 - Sep 3 by durham_exile

Baldrick - as Paddy Power might say - We hear you

I'm afraid Saturday was worse than even you could have imagined

Just when is somebody gonna see sense and do what gotta be done ?
Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 14:38 - Sep 3 with 836 viewspiddle40

I've just finished reading the piece by Durham Exile,aka,Half-wit,on the Tranmere game last Saturday.What a perfectly biased account of the match and of his assessment of this Rovers team.To declare that Tranmere are the worst team that Colchester has played this season is utter drivel!Rovers completely and utterly outplayed your team to such an extent that all eleven of them looked shell-shocked and powerless to do anything about it.They also resorted to some really dirty play when they knew they were in the presence of a much superior team in Tranmere.If Durham Exile reads this[and I hope that he does!]then he should ashamed of himself to give such a false assessment of Rovers.He obviously has no idea how to report a football match.At least be HONEST and let your supporters know that you witnessed the complete destruction of United.I think it'll take some time for your players to get over this experience but good luck to them and to your manager too.To you,DE,either pack up your brain dead accounts of matches or go on a course to hone your so obvious deficiences with the written word! Piddle
Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 17:10 - Sep 3 with 821 viewsBarsidepete

Oi with the name-calling. It's an opinion, a reflection on the game by supporter who follows the U's and is more in tune to this side of the perspective than you are.

For more stringent accounts there are newspapers to peruse online. Now go twist back from whence you came, you knob.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 17:10 - Sep 3 with 821 viewsBaldrick

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 14:38 - Sep 3 by piddle40

I've just finished reading the piece by Durham Exile,aka,Half-wit,on the Tranmere game last Saturday.What a perfectly biased account of the match and of his assessment of this Rovers team.To declare that Tranmere are the worst team that Colchester has played this season is utter drivel!Rovers completely and utterly outplayed your team to such an extent that all eleven of them looked shell-shocked and powerless to do anything about it.They also resorted to some really dirty play when they knew they were in the presence of a much superior team in Tranmere.If Durham Exile reads this[and I hope that he does!]then he should ashamed of himself to give such a false assessment of Rovers.He obviously has no idea how to report a football match.At least be HONEST and let your supporters know that you witnessed the complete destruction of United.I think it'll take some time for your players to get over this experience but good luck to them and to your manager too.To you,DE,either pack up your brain dead accounts of matches or go on a course to hone your so obvious deficiences with the written word! Piddle

Actually Durham does a honest report and I think what he might have said is just Supporters banter. Im an old pensioner and have supported the U's all my life me and many more U's supporters are fed up with the crap being played under Mr Ward !! and no full well Tranmere were the better team by far. At least ur new boy shone Saturday.
Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 23:40 - Sep 3 with 801 viewsdurham_exile

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 14:38 - Sep 3 by piddle40

piddle-40 I have noted your observations. If you read the match report carefully you would have noted that due credit was given to your players throughout. Clear and unambiguous accounts of the goals and chances were also included.

I referred to our abysmal second half capitulation and critically analysed our team and their performances.

Whether you like it or not we have played stronger teams in our first three games (Preston, Pompey and Sheffield United) Tranmere have not as yet. My comment therefore stands. By all means come back and comment when you have played them and we will see how your results stack up.

Do not enter false aspects of the game in an attempt to justify your comment. Perhaps you would like to identify specific cases when we allegedly "resorted to really dirty play" because you were clearly not watching the same match.

No-one enjoys watching their side lose and I am sure you didn't enjoy your 4-2 defeat at the WHCS last season.

Do not tell me that you witnessed the complete destruction of a team. We are talking football not modern warfare.

We will see who is victorious on 23 Feb at the WHCS for the return.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 07:30 - Sep 4 with 791 views442

Very fair report. The Tranny fan complaining sounds a bit of a divvy. Best to just ignore him I would say.

Login to get fewer ads

Wirral........not Wirrall as you've spelt it DE on 13:24 - Sep 4 with 780 viewspiddle40

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 23:40 - Sep 3 by durham_exile

piddle-40 I have noted your observations. If you read the match report carefully you would have noted that due credit was given to your players throughout. Clear and unambiguous accounts of the goals and chances were also included.

I referred to our abysmal second half capitulation and critically analysed our team and their performances.

Whether you like it or not we have played stronger teams in our first three games (Preston, Pompey and Sheffield United) Tranmere have not as yet. My comment therefore stands. By all means come back and comment when you have played them and we will see how your results stack up.

Do not enter false aspects of the game in an attempt to justify your comment. Perhaps you would like to identify specific cases when we allegedly "resorted to really dirty play" because you were clearly not watching the same match.

No-one enjoys watching their side lose and I am sure you didn't enjoy your 4-2 defeat at the WHCS last season.

Do not tell me that you witnessed the complete destruction of a team. We are talking football not modern warfare.

We will see who is victorious on 23 Feb at the WHCS for the return.

Up the U's

As far as my comments on the accusation of your team being a dirty one,just take a look at the number of fouls your lot committed against Tranmere's,plus your two yellow cards!Please don't tell me I was "...at another match".People around me were constantly remarking on the number of times Rovers' players were hacked down by your less than useless defenders.It clearly wasn't just me making such observations!As for the 4-2 defeat at your place last season,I can honestly say that it didn't matter.It was an end of season game and it had no no bearing on the league tables.
My use of the word "destruction" was purely metaphorical as well you know so to bring that issue up is childish in the extreme.I notice that you haven't remarked on your comment that Rovers,".....are the worst team .......you've played."If this is the case[it's,in fact,a ridiculous comment.]...then God help them when they play a better team[in your opinion!!]
Finally,To reply to the idiot who thinks that I'm a 'divvy',his contribution to this debate is utterly worthless.If you have nothing sensible to say then just keep it shut eh?
Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 13:31 - Sep 4 with 779 viewspiddle40

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 17:10 - Sep 3 by Barsidepete

Oi with the name-calling. It's an opinion, a reflection on the game by supporter who follows the U's and is more in tune to this side of the perspective than you are.

For more stringent accounts there are newspapers to peruse online. Now go twist back from whence you came, you knob.

Tranmere's website always produces totally unbiased reports on matches played.....yours doesn't.If we played like your lot did at the weeked,then they would be criticised for it.Papering over the cracks does no-one any favours.
As for reading the newspaper accounts of the game,they all seem to agree with my assessment of the match not DE's.
So look now,just go away little boy and do your homework....and oh,ask mummy to change your nappy before climbing into your cot.Sweet dreams little man!!P*** o*f.
Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 13:50 - Sep 4 with 774 viewsBarsidepete

Bovvered.. *yawn* .. you done?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Wirral........not Wirrall as you've spelt it DE on 14:09 - Sep 4 with 770 viewsDaniel

Wirral........not Wirrall as you've spelt it DE on 13:24 - Sep 4 by piddle40

As far as my comments on the accusation of your team being a dirty one,just take a look at the number of fouls your lot committed against Tranmere's,plus your two yellow cards!Please don't tell me I was "...at another match".People around me were constantly remarking on the number of times Rovers' players were hacked down by your less than useless defenders.It clearly wasn't just me making such observations!As for the 4-2 defeat at your place last season,I can honestly say that it didn't matter.It was an end of season game and it had no no bearing on the league tables.
My use of the word "destruction" was purely metaphorical as well you know so to bring that issue up is childish in the extreme.I notice that you haven't remarked on your comment that Rovers,".....are the worst team .......you've played."If this is the case[it's,in fact,a ridiculous comment.]...then God help them when they play a better team[in your opinion!!]
Finally,To reply to the idiot who thinks that I'm a 'divvy',his contribution to this debate is utterly worthless.If you have nothing sensible to say then just keep it shut eh?

A couple of observations...

All 2 of our yellow cards were for unsporting behaviour - how does that make us a dirty team?

Were you at our games against Yeovil, Preston, Portsmouth or Sheffield Utd? If not, what gives you the right to question the opinion that Tranmere were the worst team we have played this season?
Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 14:54 - Sep 4 with 766 viewsgerry_us

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 13:31 - Sep 4 by piddle40

Tranmere's website always produces totally unbiased reports on matches played.....yours doesn't.If we played like your lot did at the weeked,then they would be criticised for it.Papering over the cracks does no-one any favours.
As for reading the newspaper accounts of the game,they all seem to agree with my assessment of the match not DE's.
So look now,just go away little boy and do your homework....and oh,ask mummy to change your nappy before climbing into your cot.Sweet dreams little man!!P*** o*f.

Durham is probably old enough to be your Grandad ( sorry Durham ) so show a bit of respect please piddle40.
Good name by the way. Does it determine how often, how long or how frequent?
Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 19:30 - Sep 4 with 758 viewsdurham_exile

Wirrall going to Prenton Park on saturday on 14:54 - Sep 4 by gerry_us

Durham is probably old enough to be your Grandad ( sorry Durham ) so show a bit of respect please piddle40.
Good name by the way. Does it determine how often, how long or how frequent?

Gerry many thanks for the comment.

Methinks that I am not on his Christmas card list.
He did lose the argument when he resorted to insults.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024