Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 21:30 - Oct 3 with 1037 viewspancab77

Me...Robert Plant and Alison Krause:Shifting Sands,sounded a bit quirky at first but gets better everytime i listen to it. Old rocker likes bluegrass mystery
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

eyeing a league and cup double

Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 10:17 - Oct 4 with 1020 viewsLeadbelly

Gillian Welch - Pared down folk/country, occasional blues. Brilliant stuff.

Also been listening Penguin Eggs by Nic Jones. Saw him at Cambridge Folk Festival this year. He suffered horrific injuries in a car crash in 1982 and this was the first time he has performed live for 30 years. It was a great performance anyway but considering he still suffers physically and mentally from the crash it was unbelievable.

On a slightly different tack...going to see the Buzzcocks in Chelmsford tonight. Can't wait!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 10:21 - Oct 4 with 1019 viewsBluenWightExile

Bravo Whalers!

Me.....occasional Mumford & Sons, Stevie Nicks and even some Moody Blues at times......but it changes from week to week. Marvellous invention music, nearly as good as art!!
[AlderneyCUFC formerly known as somersetbarside and soon to be on Isle of Wight......where they still rock properly twice a year!]

Pinault-noir

Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 16:36 - Oct 4 with 1011 viewsLeadbelly

Stevie Nicks - what a voice! She could be full on rock chick or laid back,west coast as the song required.

Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 16:59 - Oct 4 with 1007 viewsFruitbat

As of last night in the car, Disaster Tourist by Spotlight Kid. New shoegaze in the old school style, much infuenced by My Bloody Valentine.
Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 17:03 - Oct 4 with 1007 viewsnoah4x4

Me, nothing but Irish jigs and epileptic leg dancing for over two weeks.

Arms by my side, fixed smile, hair in ringlets, steering with my knees, my control of clutch and accelerator has been awful.

Wearing a "We're a team of Joey Dunnes" T-shirt and face mask, a leprecaun hat, whilst drinking guinness and scoffing soda bread and spuds at ever Little Chef I pass.

....am I getting too enthusiastic about the new U's management?
Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 18:54 - Oct 4 with 1001 viewspancab77

You're getting slightly dangerous on the road

Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 09:06 - Oct 5 with 989 viewswessex_exile

On rotation at the moment: The Bateleurs (a local band I saw at a free micro-festival over the summer); Now That's Proper Folk Too (compilation CD, dominated by John Boden and Bellowhead, Seth Lakeman, June Tabor, Oysterband etc.) and Leftism.

I've tried that Plant and Krause CD a few times Panners - it's okay, but I'm struggling to get really into it - maybe I need to give it a few more goes...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 09:43 - Oct 5 with 986 viewsgerry_us

San Sans Organ Cconcerto on full volume..you know the one. Theme from Babe.
Login to get fewer ads

Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 11:48 - Oct 5 with 980 viewscarruthers

Now 1985, first track, Money For Nothing, last week it was Moby.
Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 16:16 - Oct 5 with 970 viewsLeadbelly

Gig Review

Buzzcocks good, venue sound system awful. Some aches and bruises due to cider fuelled moshing. I suspect I'm going to be too old for this sort of thing in the not too distant future.

Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 16:41 - Oct 5 with 968 viewsburnsieespana

Alternating between Leonard Cohen and the Rat Pack.......both of which my other half hates but she watches Emerdale, Corrie and worst of all Eastenders so all fair in love and war!!
Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 19:34 - Oct 6 with 950 viewspancab77

You already are Whalo ,blimey,Leonard Cohen,Wezza,it scares me,i've always said that i can't stand country music.That said,it is,apparently,blue grass.Also,the girl's voice is quite high pitched for my ear....but i like it . .

Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 21:14 - Oct 6 with 944 viewsDaniel

My ipod is nearly always on shuffle, but I still buy me music in CD format (I tried the downloading lark on itunes and then when my laptop when tits up it wouldn't let me play the track on my new laptop). Florence + the machine - Lungs was the last CD I brought and have been playing a lot recently. Got it in a 3 for a tenner deal at Asda. Bargain.
Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 12:23 - Oct 7 with 939 viewsFruitbat

Update

For the drive to Sainsburys yesterday - Architecture and Morality by OMD, and for the drive to Sainsburys today to get the stuff I forgot yesterday - HA HA Ha by Ultravox (the pre Midge Ure, John Foxx on vocals Ultravox).
Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 19:22 - Oct 10 with 914 viewspancab77

Moved on to a Smiths compo.

Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 20:11 - Oct 10 with 912 viewsbwildered

Must be the only person who is listening to the Radio . Try not to miss Johnny Walkers sounds of the seventies .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Whats in your CD player right now..Part 14 on 21:23 - Oct 10 with 910 viewsBFG

May I also suggest you may enjoy (probably if you happen to be a 30something) 'Dave Pearce Dance years', which is broadcast 10 - 12 pm, Saturdays, Radio 2. Great listen only spoilt my the recognition that Dave Pearce is now Radio 2 material and so are you :~(
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024