Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Rigg has left the building.. 10:43 - Dec 20 with 10230 viewsOakwoodR

Just appeared on the Sky Sports News ticker.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 10:44 - Dec 20 with 6318 viewshoopstilidie

He's one of the backroom team I'd have kept on.

Wonder if he's gone cos Sparky has a job offer?

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 10:47 - Dec 20 with 6276 viewsNorthernr

Hmmmm interesting, and not altogether positive given that all the things that were wrong with the club - facilities, youth, scouting - were apparently being fixed by him.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 10:50 - Dec 20 with 6255 viewswombat

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 10:47 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Hmmmm interesting, and not altogether positive given that all the things that were wrong with the club - facilities, youth, scouting - were apparently being fixed by him.

not supprised to be honest arry has his own scout which he normally uses dosnt he

he wasnt that highly of thought of at city while he was there i seem to remember

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 10:52 - Dec 20 with 6238 viewsNorthernr

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 10:50 - Dec 20 by wombat

not supprised to be honest arry has his own scout which he normally uses dosnt he

he wasnt that highly of thought of at city while he was there i seem to remember

I don't think asking Willie McKay who he's got on his books in exchange for some cash for a new extension to his house counts as scouting.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 10:58 - Dec 20 with 6195 viewsFFE

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 10:52 - Dec 20 by Northernr

I don't think asking Willie McKay who he's got on his books in exchange for some cash for a new extension to his house counts as scouting.

Just been asked by boss what i'm laughing at...cheers Norf

I'm NOT the Fox

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:00 - Dec 20 with 6184 viewsnadera78

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 10:47 - Dec 20 by Northernr

There was an article in the papers a few weeks back saying that Redknapp was taking charge of transfer fees and contract negotiations. And another article about some scout he's bringing in with him.

Not something I'm keen on given his track record.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:04 - Dec 20 with 6165 viewsJamie

What did people expect when we appointed Redknapp? He's not planning for anything past the end of the season.

Anyone who expected Redknapp to sit down and discuss long term recruitment and development strategies has never heard of Harry Redknapp.

Halilovic? Thats why i brush my teeth twice a day. Get me Crouchy.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:07 - Dec 20 with 6147 viewssmegma

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:00 - Dec 20 by nadera78

There was an article in the papers a few weeks back saying that Redknapp was taking charge of transfer fees and contract negotiations. And another article about some scout he's bringing in with him.

Not something I'm keen on given his track record.

"There was an article in the papers a few weeks back saying that Redknapp was taking charge of transfer fees and contract negotiations"

You mean Rosie 47 was taking over the brown paper bag dealing.
Login to get fewer ads

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:20 - Dec 20 with 6072 viewsparker64

Didn't Levy take control of all transfer/contract negotiations at Spurs. Didn't want Redknapp to have anything to do with them. Can't understand why.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:20 - Dec 20 with 6070 viewsAntti_Heinola

Worrying. Rigg was a good appointment. I assume this mean Harry's bag carrier and useless 'scout' Ian Broomfield will be coming in. Levy fought him coming in at first but as Harry's strength grew he acquiesced. As I understand it, Broomfield brought in one player at Pompey. Nugent for six mill. That went well.

Bare bones.

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:23 - Dec 20 with 6052 viewsClive_Anderson

So more of Hughes teams expensive 'progress' has come to nothing. What a surprise.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:28 - Dec 20 with 6023 viewsadhoc_qpr

Looks like Mark Hughes alleged 'off pitch revolution' was just as much smoke and mirrors as his 'meticulous preparation for matches'.

So much for the off field plans haven't changed from TF the other day.

Did Rigg walk or get canned then?
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:29 - Dec 20 with 6008 viewsfakekerby

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:20 - Dec 20 by Antti_Heinola

Worrying. Rigg was a good appointment. I assume this mean Harry's bag carrier and useless 'scout' Ian Broomfield will be coming in. Levy fought him coming in at first but as Harry's strength grew he acquiesced. As I understand it, Broomfield brought in one player at Pompey. Nugent for six mill. That went well.

Who's Rigg brought in who has been that good? Given we are 19th in the league with a load of overpaid washed up ex-superstars....?!

Diakite has been the only impressive gem thus far out of 30 signings.

The only other is M'Bia who is well known in Europe.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:33 - Dec 20 with 5976 viewsToast_R

The world of football is a wonderful place.

In what other job can you get a job and appoint your mates without having to advertise the jobs fairly and equally?

To get rid of all Mark Hughes's ghosts given the God awful mistake the club made appointing that man, gets my vote.

I'm sure there are plenty of other Mike Riggs around us to the job.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:36 - Dec 20 with 5962 viewssmegma

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:33 - Dec 20 by Toast_R

In what other job can you get a job and appoint your mates without having to advertise the jobs fairly and equally?

To get rid of all Mark Hughes's ghosts given the God awful mistake the club made appointing that man, gets my vote.

Bring back Gianni.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 12:31 - Dec 20 with 5803 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Disaster.

Another punch in the face for the very idea of long-term planning.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 12:34 - Dec 20 with 5774 viewsklr

Agree, go out & appoint a QPR man, someone that loves / understands the club.

There's dozens out there that could do the job.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 12:34 - Dec 20 with 5776 viewsClive_Anderson

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 12:31 - Dec 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Disaster.

Another punch in the face for the very idea of long-term planning.

The 'long term planning' was just an excuse for Hughes and his chums to extract as much cash from us as he could.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 12:35 - Dec 20 with 5767 viewsklr

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 12:34 - Dec 20 by Clive_Anderson

The 'long term planning' was just an excuse for Hughes and his chums to extract as much cash from us as he could.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Big money appointments & fancy press conferences, a load of bollocks, that's all it was.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 12:44 - Dec 20 with 5718 viewsjeffro

TO be honest Im not bothered at all, anything and everything that is connected to Mark Hughes, has been a complete failure, including Rigg ( Park, Zamora, Johnson, Onuhia)

Get rid and start again, just keep an eye on the purse strings.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 12:59 - Dec 20 with 5658 viewsTacticalR

Another problem is how disruptive and how extensive the changes are. It's one thing to change a few people in the top management team, but suppose the new team wanted to get rid of absolutely anyone who could take a critical perspective on what they're doing? That's why Paladini wanted to get rid of all the long-serving members of the club (I'm not saying that's the case here with Redknapp). That's why Roy Keane got rid of Bryan Klug the head of football development at Ipswich, who had been on the Ipswich staff for 23 years (he's back at Ipswich now). The model of football seems completely archaic.

And what about the mysterious whisperers in Tony's ear in the background that Warnock was complaining about? Who were they?

Air hostess clique

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 13:05 - Dec 20 with 5629 viewsStanisgod

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 12:44 - Dec 20 by jeffro

TO be honest Im not bothered at all, anything and everything that is connected to Mark Hughes, has been a complete failure, including Rigg ( Park, Zamora, Johnson, Onuhia)

Get rid and start again, just keep an eye on the purse strings.

Don't think Johnsons had time to be a failure, no-ones fault he got badly injured.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 13:06 - Dec 20 with 5613 viewsreal_loftus

Cant say I know the bloke, or know what he delivered in any detail.

Hughes's "long term planning" seemed to involve recruiting a huge support team that appeared to deliver little except make his sacking more difficult/expensive if things went wrong.

Just sayin'

ATAF.

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 13:12 - Dec 20 with 5586 viewsTW_R

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 13:06 - Dec 20 by real_loftus

Hughes's "long term planning" seemed to involve recruiting a huge support team that appeared to deliver little except make his sacking more difficult/expensive if things went wrong.

Just sayin'

Interesting article about what he was putting in place:- http://www.indyrs.co.uk/?p=1677

I guess it could be that all the structure is now in place and he's not really needed now?
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 13:14 - Dec 20 with 5576 viewsTacticalR

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 13:06 - Dec 20 by real_loftus

Just sayin'

That might well be true too.

What bothers me is does someone sit down and think, 'what does this person deliver?', or do they just say 'he's not one of mine, so let's get rid of him'?

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024