Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back Gate 20:37 - Feb 18 with 1155 viewspancab77

Whats this,Wordsworth gets injured playing for the multi digits and tries to play on,with a spinal injury.He hadn't looked that determined for the U's for some time.Wish him well and a speedy recovery.

eyeing a league and cup double

Back Gate on 10:43 - Feb 19 with 1130 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Looks like his season could be over. Cracked three vertebrae.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21497776

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Back Gate on 12:13 - Feb 19 with 1122 viewsnoah4x4

I was at the game (cheering on Blackpool).

Wordsworth was being outclassed, seemed to be chasing shadows, and had only touched the ball once. Was wandering aimlessly into spaces where the ball never came (but then he also avoided having to make any tackles too). Frankly, D.O.M and I thought he was faking injury to get off the pitch and avoid further embarassment.

If it is a genuine injury, sorry to have doubted him. But he is going to get found out in the Championship if he remains lazy, won't tackle and doesn't put in a shift.

As regards him "trying to play on", the incident was in the Blackpool penalty area and he just lay there for ages. I didn't see any evidence of him "playing on" - nor that he was perhaps injured earlier - but can't see how - as he didn't do anything that had contact with anything (except his hair comb before he departed the dressing room).

Back Gate on 14:22 - Feb 19 with 1113 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Back Gate on 12:13 - Feb 19 by noah4x4

I was at the game (cheering on Blackpool).

Wordsworth was being outclassed, seemed to be chasing shadows, and had only touched the ball once. Was wandering aimlessly into spaces where the ball never came (but then he also avoided having to make any tackles too). Frankly, D.O.M and I thought he was faking injury to get off the pitch and avoid further embarassment.

If it is a genuine injury, sorry to have doubted him. But he is going to get found out in the Championship if he remains lazy, won't tackle and doesn't put in a shift.

As regards him "trying to play on", the incident was in the Blackpool penalty area and he just lay there for ages. I didn't see any evidence of him "playing on" - nor that he was perhaps injured earlier - but can't see how - as he didn't do anything that had contact with anything (except his hair comb before he departed the dressing room).

I think three cracked vertebrae probably fulfils the criteria for a genuine injury.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Back Gate on 17:19 - Feb 20 with 1090 viewscarruthers

i did remark to my Ipswich mate that AW was vulnerable, now he knows, out for the season, oh dear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024