Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Champions League quarter-final result 09:08 - Apr 11 with 788 viewswessex_exile

After a thrilling night both on the pitch and in the group tables, we (sort of) have a result. For reasons that will become apparent, I will announce the group results in reverse order.

Group 2
--------------------------------
Thrillseeker, with the only spot-on of the group, kept his nose in front to win the group, picking up the Bayern Munich away win outcome in the process. Sevebalo also spotted that outcome, to give him the point he needed to draw level with BFG in joint second place. With no spot-ons to consider, the first to post tie-break means that BFG goes through (posted 1st legs third, posted 2nd legs first), so commiserations Sevebalo (posted both legs last). Well done too to Hellasblue, who may have finished 4th but always kept himself in contention to the end, and without doubt his 4-1 away win prediction for Real Madrid will go down as the most courageous of the round.

Group 1
--------------------------------
So now to Group 1, and with a blistering double of spot-on for the Barca v PSG draw, and an outcome for the Bayern Munich away win, the winner for the group is former 1st reserve Barside Pete with 8pts - some performance considering Pete was last at the end of the 1st legs. However, the real drama was the fight for second place, and with MFB picking up 2 outcomes in the 2nd legs, we have a 3-way tie on 6pts between Guernsey, MFB and Tropical. All three have one spot-on prediction, so first to post again must be the decider, only it isn't (quite). Guernsey posted 1st legs first and 2nd legs second, MFB posted 1st legs second and 2nd legs first, and Tropical posted both legs third. So, sadly Tropical is out of the running, but Guernsey and MFB are in my opinion, inseparable.

Therefore, to decide the second qualifier from Group 1, we need a tie-break, which will be to predict the 'official' (according to the BBC Sport report) attendance for U's vs MK Dongs next Tuesday night. Please PM me the predictions, which I will announce once they are both in. Closest to the actual attendance (in either direction) will win, and in the very unlikely event of a tie, first to PM their predictions will take it. Good luck chaps, and well done everyone.

Up the U's

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Happy Champions League quarter-final result on 12:01 - Apr 11 with 773 viewsHellasblue

The 1-4 prediction was a result of needing to find an extra dice to roll after Week 1's frustrating late, late show from PSG; after which I knew I was done for!

Well done to you for sorting it all out, Wessex and to Thrillseeker and BFG for making it through ...

:)
Happy Champions League quarter-final result on 13:52 - Apr 11 with 769 viewsBFG

I will be the first to admit I've done nothing in this so far, and the smallprint has got me through. Bad luck to the others. Onwards and upwards ..
Happy Champions League quarter-final result on 18:28 - Apr 11 with 754 viewssevebalo

It would have been ironic if BFG posting on my behalf had seen me go through. Fair play. Good luck in the rounds to come.
Happy Champions League quarter-final result on 18:30 - Apr 11 with 754 viewsBarsidepete

Happy Champions League quarter-final result on 13:52 - Apr 11 by BFG

I will be the first to admit I've done nothing in this so far, and the smallprint has got me through. Bad luck to the others. Onwards and upwards ..

I'm chuffed to bits, a wild card entry this far into the comp:) .. and still plugging away for a Charity Shield spot as well. Feeling nearly as comfortable as the U's

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Happy Champions League quarter-final result on 22:13 - Apr 11 with 742 viewsthrillseeker

Wow - through to next round. The furthest I've ever got in the Champions League predictions.

Well done BFG, commiserations to sevebalo and Hellas.

Hellas, you can now concentrate on the league with promotion to the top league
Happy Champions League quarter-final result on 22:34 - Apr 11 with 739 viewsHellasblue

Happy Champions League quarter-final result on 22:13 - Apr 11 by thrillseeker

Wow - through to next round. The furthest I've ever got in the Champions League predictions.

Well done BFG, commiserations to sevebalo and Hellas.

Hellas, you can now concentrate on the league with promotion to the top league

That's the plan, although distinctly not thinking about going up ... no tempting fate, as it is still very close! (Plus I'm not at all convinced by my predictions for this weekend :)

Happy Champions League quarter-final result on 03:23 - Apr 15 with 703 viewsmrhappy

Nice update mate - as i sip my 3rd long island cocktail from the paradise isle of Boracay - cheers !!

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024