Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Barnes is spot on today 12:36 - Aug 8 with 10089 viewsBelfast

For a change the worst manager in british football is right for once.
When he says that fans are responsible for players attitudes and behaviours i agree.

It is the same at swansea, all this adulation of players and ex players gives them a false perspective as to who they are and what they represent. And that is the key, they represent our club, the club that the fans saved, and they should never be allowed to forget it. Not that half of you remember it. Your only excuse is your age.

Thicko's who put these people on pedestals and adore ( love ) them have to be the most needy of folk. See them outside the west stand at home games, hear them on here, what lonely lives some people have.

Please, Swansea City is a community club run by community people, ok they earn a few bucks for it, they deserve it, but this adulation of the skin that runs around in the Swansea jersey has to stop.

We are different.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

John Barnes is spot on today on 12:53 - Aug 8 with 8362 viewscheeryjack

For many people in this imperfect world, that is all they have got.

Nice new home

John Barnes is spot on today on 13:01 - Aug 8 with 8319 viewsThe_Kev

And there was me thinking it was the mega bucks, the money chasing agents, the massive media exposure and the fact that the contracts they sign are more or less pointless. But no turns out it's the fans fault for showing players a bit of appreciation for thier skills or how they play.
John Barnes is spot on today on 13:43 - Aug 8 with 8179 viewsBelfast

John Barnes is spot on today on 13:01 - Aug 8 by The_Kev

And there was me thinking it was the mega bucks, the money chasing agents, the massive media exposure and the fact that the contracts they sign are more or less pointless. But no turns out it's the fans fault for showing players a bit of appreciation for thier skills or how they play.

There is a huge difference between appreciation and disgusting adulation bordering on a consumed desire to call someone a god or a Lord. Fu ck me, there is a line and many so called fans cross over it too easily.

John Barnes is spot on today on 13:51 - Aug 8 with 8138 viewsTheFranchise

John Barnes is spot on today on 13:43 - Aug 8 by Belfast

There is a huge difference between appreciation and disgusting adulation bordering on a consumed desire to call someone a god or a Lord. Fu ck me, there is a line and many so called fans cross over it too easily.

Got to agree on the hero worship stuff, it makes me sick.
John Barnes is spot on today on 13:52 - Aug 8 with 8132 viewsSenhin

Feeling the need to write this from up on your own pedestal wanting everyone to see that you're right, and all the people who want an autograph are wrong and lonely, seems a bit needy to be honest.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

John Barnes is spot on today on 14:04 - Aug 8 with 8089 viewsThe_Kev

Fair enough some people do go over the top but I would still say that teenagers getting 10s of thousands a week is a much bigger contributing factor to players attitudes than an over-enthusiastic fan will ever be.
John Barnes is spot on today on 14:22 - Aug 8 with 8024 viewsNaughty71

I am a 42 year old father of three with responsibilities that cover a workforce of nearly 300 people.

That doesn't stop me absolutely loving Michael Laudrup like a schoolgirl. I am completely in awe of the guy, not just because he is the manager of my team, but because he is my footballing icon, someone who I have followed all through my youth and on into my adult life. Probably the best footballer I have ever seen and I will always idolise him.

I do not care how other people support their football team or players and I never will. But no one is qualified to tell me how I should support my team or players. Anyone who feels that there is only one way of showing support is blinkered in the extreme in my view.

Horses for courses as far as I am concerned.

(I am now going to get my signed photo of Ben Davies framed for my wall - love that guy!)

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

John Barnes is spot on today on 15:04 - Aug 8 with 7903 viewsBelfast

John Barnes is spot on today on 13:52 - Aug 8 by Senhin

Feeling the need to write this from up on your own pedestal wanting everyone to see that you're right, and all the people who want an autograph are wrong and lonely, seems a bit needy to be honest.

Feeling the need to write a reply to me as opposed to the subject tells me more about your position in society than anything else.

Login to get fewer ads

John Barnes is spot on today on 15:05 - Aug 8 with 7890 viewsTheFranchise

Me continuing to read this is making me feel needy.
John Barnes is spot on today on 15:35 - Aug 8 with 7829 viewsSenhin

John Barnes is spot on today on 15:04 - Aug 8 by Belfast

Feeling the need to write a reply to me as opposed to the subject tells me more about your position in society than anything else.

Position in society?

I thought my stance on the subject was more than obvious. If your post had been simply about the subject, and not a dig at those you disagree with by calling them needy and lonely because they don't share your views, you wouldn't have had a reply aimed at you an not the subject.

John Barnes is spot on today on 16:09 - Aug 8 with 7730 viewsKingBony

Calm down fella he'll be telling you where you can find him at the next home game otherwise. He likes to think he's clever and that he can actually have a reasoned debate but it will soon turn into threats......trust me!

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

John Barnes is spot on today on 16:20 - Aug 8 with 7688 viewsSenhin

John Barnes is spot on today on 16:09 - Aug 8 by KingBony

Calm down fella he'll be telling you where you can find him at the next home game otherwise. He likes to think he's clever and that he can actually have a reasoned debate but it will soon turn into threats......trust me!

I already know, witnessed plenty on the last site.

John Barnes is spot on today on 16:24 - Aug 8 with 7680 viewsdeaframbo

If John Barnes was right once, no wonder he is always wrong!
John Barnes is spot on today on 16:32 - Aug 8 with 7663 viewsmonmouth

I find myself strangely drawn towards Alan Curtis. I think I could love him.

As to the rest of them, they are just fleeting footnotes in the history of our wonderful club. Belfast is right. We ARE different.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

John Barnes is spot on today on 17:05 - Aug 8 with 7584 viewsBelfast

John Barnes is spot on today on 16:09 - Aug 8 by KingBony

Blah blah blah, your full of it, always have been, no show, no bottle.
Run along and feed your ego x

John Barnes is spot on today on 17:07 - Aug 8 with 7576 viewsBelfast

John Barnes is spot on today on 16:20 - Aug 8 by Senhin

I already know, witnessed plenty on the last site.

But did nothing about it, as i said, know your position in society bottom feeder.

John Barnes is spot on today on 17:08 - Aug 8 with 7569 viewsBelfast

John Barnes is spot on today on 13:52 - Aug 8 by Senhin

See big man, you started the arguing with this post.
Why do you have to provoke a fight and disappear all the time ?
Its you who cant have a discussion, its due to your cowardice.
Run along or man up.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2013 17:09]

John Barnes is spot on today on 17:14 - Aug 8 with 7542 viewsNOTRAC

We are all desperate for heroes,there are so few of them about today.Are there any heroes in politics ,in the financial world ,in the media,in industry.They are very few and far between.
That is why we turn to sport for our heroes. Very often they let us down, but their ability to light up moments in our lives makes our hero worship worthwhile.
And that is all we should expect of them.They are creators of memories.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

John Barnes is spot on today on 17:51 - Aug 8 with 7449 viewsKingBony

John Barnes is spot on today on 17:05 - Aug 8 by Belfast

Blah blah blah, your full of it, always have been, no show, no bottle.
Run along and feed your ego x

Yeah here comes the true colours!!

Nice one.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

John Barnes is spot on today on 18:36 - Aug 8 with 7375 viewsSenhin

John Barnes is spot on today on 17:08 - Aug 8 by Belfast

See big man, you started the arguing with this post.
Why do you have to provoke a fight and disappear all the time ?
Its you who cant have a discussion, its due to your cowardice.
Run along or man up.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2013 17:09]

What the f*** are you talking about? I had a dig at your post because you were having a dig at a certain type of fan completely unprovoked by them, big man. And disappear all the time? Considering you took 2 hours to reply to me, how am I suddenly running away and disappearing because your response was posted during my drive home and I have still replied in less time than it took you?

As for bottom feeder, how do you work than one out?

John Barnes is spot on today on 07:51 - Aug 30 with 6725 viewsAndy1300

ha ha....here we go again.

we should have a section called "in the blue corner"

Number 1 team in Wales

John Barnes is spot on today on 08:20 - Aug 30 with 6601 viewsdavidaeaton

John Barnes is spot on today on 07:51 - Aug 30 by Andy1300

ha ha....here we go again.

we should have a section called "in the blue corner"

Do you know I think that isn't such a bad idea, I think there should be an angst page, that would be a good name suggestion, for people who just like to name call or bicker etc and try and have this forum for let's say more refined debate

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

John Barnes is spot on today on 08:35 - Aug 30 with 6542 viewsAndy1300

thank goodness we are all different

Number 1 team in Wales

John Barnes is spot on today on 08:50 - Aug 30 with 6457 viewsdavidaeaton

John Barnes is spot on today on 13:43 - Aug 8 by Belfast

I actually get what you're trying to say, you've not flavoured it with eloquence but I understand the psyche.
Some of the players are getting billy big balls and need to come to terms with real life to play better and perhaps if fans berated them a bit more if a bad performance kicks in you feel it would make a difference?
Is that what you're trying to say or at least deduce from what john Barnes said?
The thing is its very different from when we went to watch different standards down the vetch and the shoestring budget was more like a bloody strawberry lace!
I'm 37 and as a very young child I didn't have football in my life as not one person in my family liked it.
So at around 7-8 when I started playing in the school yard we all pretended to be Liverpool, man utd, spurs, etc we were all to young to know any better, I myself liked Liverpool as they at the time won everything I was then the famed glory grabber along with my other peers, but in 1988 a cousin of mine took me to the vetch to see us in action v Bolton, something I've never forgotten and all its evoked memories and I've never looked back.
I know I'm digressing slightly but my point is we are not the animal we were back then, its a verified business these days, we may not like it but bucks are king.
Over the years you Belfast me david Eaton have lined the pockets of these people as we choose to watch them week in week out, I'm of the opinion you shouldn't boo players but I'm probably in the minority, but I think barracking (sensibly) if performance level is low can have some effect not detriment.
We are in a different era, bigger pond, and different generation of fans completely, we are in the age of the social network where everything is documented, but some people idolise as its their absolute passion, you must have felt like that even in those vetch days, when the swans do good you must think yes they are my heros?
The performances of late have key issues, malmo home we were awesome and looked the business, man utd home the English champs, we had players so did they on international duty, but our performance which wasn't bad but had its flaws produced a bad result, malmo away I think a system was to hold on and progress and move on, petrul at home again we swept aside a poor team and looked good, spurs away again a club with great calibre and history and a lot more than us in the bank beat us on their patch no shame but was below par performance, and last night was a team hardly recognizable as a unit and the performance was OK I thought, but everyone has different views, everyone has different ways to support the swans, the players are there to do us proud so their ego perhaps needs feeding to an extent?
But they do act like the deity's we bestow upon them sometimes but the players are young men with large wage packets, I don't think they're gods or lords but they are our flock to gee up so to get behind them with vocal ferocity is all we can do

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

John Barnes is spot on today on 08:54 - Aug 30 with 6426 viewsdavidaeaton

John Barnes is spot on today on 08:35 - Aug 30 by Andy1300

thank goodness we are all different

Even as an atheist I'll say amen to that

Sorry I read thank god not goodness hence the atheist comment, but I still echo the sentiment :-)
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 9:00]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024