Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? 15:11 - Aug 8 with 16314 viewsBelfast

I am not surprised to near from a number of mates in Malmo that
Trundle and certain staff members were on the ale last night until the early ours.

Is this what you expect of those entrusted with the role of club ambassador or coaching staff ?

I told you this would happen didn't I ! .

Tin pot, thats what he will make is if he is allowed to carry on.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2013 15:11]

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:19 - Aug 8 with 9739 viewssidekick_jack

Oh heavens no! God forbid Trundle will have a drink with the fans, I forgot he was playing tonight!!

For all you know having a beer with the fans may be in his job description ;) nice work if you can get it!
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:20 - Aug 8 with 9727 viewsBelfast

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:19 - Aug 8 by sidekick_jack

Oh heavens no! God forbid Trundle will have a drink with the fans, I forgot he was playing tonight!!

For all you know having a beer with the fans may be in his job description ;) nice work if you can get it!

You make a good point.

But is it professional of him to do so in those circumstances ?

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:21 - Aug 8 with 9711 viewsswanny

'all ours' what..

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:21 - Aug 8 with 9706 viewsSmellyplumz

rather him doing it than our players .. thank god graham wasn't there!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:23 - Aug 8 with 9682 viewssidekick_jack

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:20 - Aug 8 by Belfast

You make a good point.

But is it professional of him to do so in those circumstances ?

As long as he doesn't get caught urinating on the streets of Sweden or anything similarly dishonourable then I honestly think him having a beer with the fans is awesome.
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:24 - Aug 8 with 9672 viewsBelfast

I actually agree, he is genuinely doing something which he is good at, but this 'job' of his wont last i tell ya.

Its not the way in the premier league. He is representing the brand and the business.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:29 - Aug 8 with 9627 viewssidekick_jack

It's a pretty down to earth approach. It fits nicely with our community club image and long may it continue.

If he acted above the fans and was unapproachable I'd have an issue. This however is how it should be done in my opinion.
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:33 - Aug 8 with 9598 viewsEarl_Strickland

My god go and get 4 cans of special brew and tune into ITV4 at 6.30 tonight...
Then let your hair down - you might like it!
Login to get fewer ads

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:42 - Aug 8 with 9539 viewsDarran

Yeah but was he drinking with that is the question?
Who else from the club was with him?

Belfy likes a joke story.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:43 - Aug 8 with 9524 viewscheeryjack

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:23 - Aug 8 by sidekick_jack

As long as he doesn't get caught urinating on the streets of Sweden or anything similarly dishonourable then I honestly think him having a beer with the fans is awesome.

Fine with me.

Nice new home

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:45 - Aug 8 with 9512 viewstreboethjack

I have no issue with him mingling with our fans, as long as he didn't over do it and go streaking or something similar then I see no issue myself. If anything as mentioned above its nice to see he doesn't feel above the fans!

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:47 - Aug 8 with 9498 viewsraynor94

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:43 - Aug 8 by cheeryjack

Fine with me.

Fine with me too, fail to see Belfasts beef?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:49 - Aug 8 with 9472 viewsDarran

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:47 - Aug 8 by raynor94

I don't get it either its as if Trunds sneaked out on his own when there was other members of Staff with him.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:00 - Aug 8 with 9388 viewsAzzuriswan

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:49 - Aug 8 by Darran

I don't get it either its as if Trunds sneaked out on his own when there was other members of Staff with him.

As long as Trundle or anyone else from the club behaves there is no problem as far as I can see
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:01 - Aug 8 with 9386 viewsBelfast

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 15:47 - Aug 8 by raynor94

I dont have one.

Lamb for tea tonight.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:03 - Aug 8 with 9370 viewsTheFranchise

Who was buying?
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:14 - Aug 8 with 9292 viewsDavillin

Watch the video on the official site and you'll see that Trundle was on that trip in his official capacity, even wearing a Swansea uniform.

Perhaps if he had gone there on his own as a "fan," it might be overlooked, but he was there fully in his official capacity.

And the O.P did not say that "he had a drink," but that he was drinking "until the early ours." Not the same. Not the image our staff and players should put on display.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:17 - Aug 8 with 9267 viewsDarran

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:14 - Aug 8 by Davillin

Watch the video on the official site and you'll see that Trundle was on that trip in his official capacity, even wearing a Swansea uniform.

Perhaps if he had gone there on his own as a "fan," it might be overlooked, but he was there fully in his official capacity.

And the O.P did not say that "he had a drink," but that he was drinking "until the early ours." Not the same. Not the image our staff and players should put on display.

I couldn't disagree more Tone,the "staff" were out legally having a few drinks with the fans.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:20 - Aug 8 with 9245 viewsdeaframbo

Good of him and other staff mixing with our fans. He is a human and no longer a professional footballer.

of course if he misbehaved then he will be out on his ear!
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:20 - Aug 8 with 9224 viewssidekick_jack

Why can't the staff have a few drinks?!

As has been stated, as long as they do not behave inappropriately, what is the issue?
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:24 - Aug 8 with 9183 viewsDarran

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:20 - Aug 8 by sidekick_jack

As has been stated, as long as they do not behave inappropriately, what is the issue?

I've stayed in 100s of hotels with the team over the years and I've never not seen a manager and coaches not have an alcoholic drink the night before the game either.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:27 - Aug 8 with 9158 viewsdeaframbo

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:24 - Aug 8 by Darran

I've stayed in 100s of hotels with the team over the years and I've never not seen a manager and coaches not have an alcoholic drink the night before the game either.

Lucky you!
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:27 - Aug 8 with 9155 viewsepaul

He was more than prob having a beer with some fans who worship and idolise

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:27 - Aug 8 with 9155 viewssidekick_jack

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:24 - Aug 8 by Darran

Exactly. Some people are incredibly OTT at times aye?
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:31 - Aug 8 with 9120 viewsDavillin

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:20 - Aug 8 by sidekick_jack

The thread title said "drinking at all hours," and the O.P.'s text said "until the early ours." That's not the same as "having a few drinks," nor "having a drink," as Darran wrote, above.

You and I will have to disagree about whether it is "behaving inappropriately" or not for a member of the staff to be drinking "until the early hours" before a game.

"Having a drink," perhaps even "having a few drinks" [depending on how many "a few" is, and how long the event happened] might well not be inappropriate, but "until the early hours" on a night before a game is - in my opinion.

The key here is not the drinking, nor even drinking on the night before a game nor even drinking until the early hours. The key is members of the staff, in that town in their official capacities.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024