Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
suggestions for new songs.... 16:42 - Aug 20 with 23060 viewsdavidaeaton

In a related post I stated we need to freshen up our support a little, and rossshaw (sorry for being a cock to you sir) said "well why don't you come up with something" so, why don't we try and get some things going? Some suggestions in here no matter what they are share them, we need to get some passion and fire back into our fortress, I like the "daddy cool" music for bony perhaps we could chant it too? I've discussed I'm not fussed on the michu one and its matter of opinion but aside mine or anyone's like or dislike for chants I just think we need to generate more noise?

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

suggestions for new songs.... on 17:22 - Aug 20 with 13299 viewsChief

I was amazed at the difference between Malmo away and Man u at home. I thought everyone would be up for the 1 game of the season against the champions, in a late kick off (and therefore inevitably several beers), but I was obviously wrong.

Malmo away was an amazing atmosphere, so there are at least some swans who want to and can create plenty of noise, we have to try and get others on board and I applaud your efforts david

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

suggestions for new songs.... on 17:33 - Aug 20 with 13291 viewsdavidaeaton

suggestions for new songs.... on 17:22 - Aug 20 by Chief

I was amazed at the difference between Malmo away and Man u at home. I thought everyone would be up for the 1 game of the season against the champions, in a late kick off (and therefore inevitably several beers), but I was obviously wrong.

Malmo away was an amazing atmosphere, so there are at least some swans who want to and can create plenty of noise, we have to try and get others on board and I applaud your efforts david

Thanks Chief,
I've conceded we won't get vetch like atmos back as sad as it is, and there were pockets on Saturday, and some laughable moments like berating Ryan giggs etc, that's what I don't get we have some genuinely funny fans, yet we're not completely reflecting it, there have been few occasions at the liberty that I've been buzzing, the Leeds games were special, the Cardiff games especially the cup game, yeovil, and the first ever liberty game v tranmere was for me amazing, down the vetch there were a lot less of us and we screamed our tits off for 90 mins irrelevant of result, away from home we are quite loud as to be expected as we want to show us in a good light, but its just becoming a bit of a library down the liberty, if we can't get up for utd no matter what the score then its time to try and gee up the troops

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

suggestions for new songs.... on 17:58 - Aug 20 with 13274 viewsSpratty

Agree but what to do

Slade song was catchy and upbeat and 4 lines long I think - which seems to work well so if we could come up with something imaginative but simple along these lines it would be great

Think Miguel Miguel Michu is ok if we could get a good slow rhythm and clapping going with it - problem is getting everyone to join in. Tend to only do short reps of most so by the time the reticent have been persuaded to join in they are left doing it on their own and it puts them off for next time. So we need a bit of stamina as well. Areas surrounding the away fans very important to drown them out.

Always easier at away games, obvious why, but seems stupid when we have almost 20k at the Liberty. I have heard such funny ad hoc songs at away games that I refuse to believe we don't have the talent amongst our fans to come up with a few new brilliant trademark songs

Perhaps we should all have kazoos
suggestions for new songs.... on 18:26 - Aug 20 with 13244 viewsdavidaeaton

suggestions for new songs.... on 17:58 - Aug 20 by Spratty

Agree but what to do

Slade song was catchy and upbeat and 4 lines long I think - which seems to work well so if we could come up with something imaginative but simple along these lines it would be great

Think Miguel Miguel Michu is ok if we could get a good slow rhythm and clapping going with it - problem is getting everyone to join in. Tend to only do short reps of most so by the time the reticent have been persuaded to join in they are left doing it on their own and it puts them off for next time. So we need a bit of stamina as well. Areas surrounding the away fans very important to drown them out.

Always easier at away games, obvious why, but seems stupid when we have almost 20k at the Liberty. I have heard such funny ad hoc songs at away games that I refuse to believe we don't have the talent amongst our fans to come up with a few new brilliant trademark songs

Ha ha ha can you imagine the site and sound if 20,000 kazoos it'd be quite something to behold.
Even our drummer seemed absent Saturday?
I 100% agree with your statement on our fans they can be awesome, i myself started really properly watching the swans in 1988, I'm 37, I've seen some amazing crowds down the years, maybe its me getting older?
I think it does stem down to confidence, who you sit/stand by, where you sit/stand by, but I recall the Leeds game where I myself that season had a season in the south with my son, and all four sides caused a rumpus it was awesome and a throw back to vetch days, its not important to stir up new even, just resurrect old, but just put some Welly and stamina into it, I've many friends who don't visit the liberty but will watch on telly but used to go to vetch or have visited the liberty so know our voice and songs, and they say you can't hear much sometimes but they say for instance the slade chant was very loud on the box, if ever I've seen the swans on the box which isn't to often as I'm there in the flesh we sound good, perhaps I'm being harsh it being a new season etc?

suggestions for new songs.... on 18:31 - Aug 20 with 13239 viewsbermudajack

suggestions for new songs.... on 17:58 - Aug 20 by Spratty

Agree but what to do

I've been saying this for a while...

We need to adapt to our songs to give a distinctive Spanish flavour now half of our team are from there...

The "ariva Espagna" tune could be adapted to fit almost any of our players, with some la, la's and lo, lo, lo's and an "Arriva El Chico" or an "Arriva Pozeulo" even "el Rangel" and Hernandez fits, maybe a marathon of a song including all of our contingent?

Or

He's fast
He's quick
He's done time in the nick
Nathan Dyer
Nathan Dyer

I'll get my coat...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

suggestions for new songs.... on 18:37 - Aug 20 with 13228 viewsdavidaeaton

suggestions for new songs.... on 18:31 - Aug 20 by bermudajack

I've been saying this for a while...

We need to adapt to our songs to give a distinctive Spanish flavour now half of our team are from there...

The "ariva Espagna" tune could be adapted to fit almost any of our players, with some la, la's and lo, lo, lo's and an "Arriva El Chico" or an "Arriva Pozeulo" even "el Rangel" and Hernandez fits, maybe a marathon of a song including all of our contingent?

Or

He's fast
He's quick
He's done time in the nick
Nathan Dyer
Nathan Dyer

I'll get my coat...

I'm sorry but thats derogatory to one of our esteemed players and valued member of the jacks.........an' I fukin' loves it ha ha
The Hispanic flavouring could be just right, especially in our European games!

suggestions for new songs.... on 18:42 - Aug 20 with 13220 viewsdavidaeaton

Oh We're off to Europe once again, el viva la Swansea,
The jacks are on a magic tour, el viva la Swansea,
We'll show them who's the boss abroad oh la Swansea we love you.

suggestions for new songs.... on 18:46 - Aug 20 with 13213 viewsdavidaeaton

Angel rangel to the tune of la bamba

Login to get fewer ads

suggestions for new songs.... on 18:49 - Aug 20 with 13207 viewsdavidaeaton

An old one updated.....flying high across the sky we'll keep the jack flag flying high, across all Europe and the liberty we'll keep the jack flag flying high

suggestions for new songs.... on 19:13 - Aug 20 with 13190 viewsbermudajack

suggestions for new songs.... on 18:49 - Aug 20 by davidaeaton

An old one updated.....flying high across the sky we'll keep the jack flag flying high, across all Europe and the liberty we'll keep the jack flag flying high

To the tune of "my bony lies over the ocean"

Our Bony's from over the ocean,
Our Bony's from over the sea,
He'll score goals whenever he feels like,
He scores goals for Swansea City,

Wilfred, Wilfred, oh Wilfred will score for City, City,
Wilfred, Wilfred, oh Wilfred will score for City...

suggestions for new songs.... on 20:10 - Aug 20 with 13146 viewsrossshaw

Surely something to do with this song might work with easy words? The chorus is powerful

The Bamboleo bit would fit a name fine. e.g Miguel Michu or Chico Flores or whatever
Just can't think of anything for the second fit other than:

Miguel Michu, Miguel Michu
He can score a goal when ever he wants

A bit similar to the other chant about him but has a spanish twist to it.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 20:18]

Trundle could still do a job..

suggestions for new songs.... on 20:44 - Aug 20 with 13128 viewsrossshaw

Little cardiff number here*:

We don't need no change in colour
We don't need no blue to red
Hey, Vincent, don't leave the scum alone
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 20:44]

Trundle could still do a job..

suggestions for new songs.... on 21:47 - Aug 20 with 13095 viewsyescomeon

I was initially against the Spanish idea but then you posted the Gypsy Kings and won me over. What happened to that Celtic song that was suggested that was really good.

Think it went along the lines of

"Swansea, (Swansea),
Swansea, (Swansea),
Come on you boys in white, (Come on you boys in white),
Come on you boys in white, (Come on you boys in white),
South Wales is Black and White, (South Wales is black and white),
South Wales is Black and White, (South Wales is black and white)."

Then proceed to go nuts to the tune and repeat.

At least it was something different. I know I'll get slated for saying it but I'd rather hear Welsh songs down there that Spanish ones. *ducks for cover*

Upthecity!

suggestions for new songs.... on 00:19 - Aug 21 with 13034 viewstreboethjack

I have to admit one of the songs united sang on Saturday was really catchy! cant remember the tune but they sang it non stop for ages. I also agree we need some new songs, something catchy but simple that people will pick up quick and join in with.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

suggestions for new songs.... on 00:24 - Aug 21 with 13031 viewsbermudajack

suggestions for new songs.... on 00:19 - Aug 21 by treboethjack

I have to admit one of the songs united sang on Saturday was really catchy! cant remember the tune but they sang it non stop for ages. I also agree we need some new songs, something catchy but simple that people will pick up quick and join in with.

The old Slade number 'common feel the noise'

To the words..

Common feel the Moyes
Play like Fergies boys
We'll go wild, wild, wild etc.

suggestions for new songs.... on 00:35 - Aug 21 with 13025 viewstreboethjack

thats the one! not sure those were the exact words mind but something along those lines.

this was the one, something like this would be good down the liberty!

[Post edited 21 Aug 2013 0:41]

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

suggestions for new songs.... on 01:49 - Aug 21 with 13008 viewsJackL14

suggestions for new songs.... on 00:35 - Aug 21 by treboethjack

thats the one! not sure those were the exact words mind but something along those lines.

So come on cheer the boys
Swansea make some noise
We'll go wild wild wild
We'll go wild wild wild
suggestions for new songs.... on 09:22 - Aug 21 with 12934 viewsdavidaeaton

suggestions for new songs.... on 20:44 - Aug 20 by rossshaw

Little cardiff number here*:

We don't need no change in colour
We don't need no blue to red
Hey, Vincent, don't leave the scum alone
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 20:44]

If I had my way Floyd would be constantly on the pa system cos I fookin loves um!

suggestions for new songs.... on 09:27 - Aug 21 with 12928 viewsdavidaeaton

suggestions for new songs.... on 19:13 - Aug 20 by bermudajack

To the tune of "my bony lies over the ocean"

Our Bony's from over the ocean,
Our Bony's from over the sea,
He'll score goals whenever he feels like,
He scores goals for Swansea City,

Wilfred, Wilfred, oh Wilfred will score for City, City,
Wilfred, Wilfred, oh Wilfred will score for City...

Really like this one

suggestions for new songs.... on 09:30 - Aug 21 with 12926 viewsdavidaeaton

suggestions for new songs.... on 01:49 - Aug 21 by JackL14

So come on cheer the boys
Swansea make some noise
We'll go wild wild wild
We'll go wild wild wild

Excellent stuff, I reckon we should look into the Glam rock genre it may have some gold

suggestions for new songs.... on 09:36 - Aug 21 with 12919 viewsbostondanvers

With regards to songs or lack of songs, I've been a supporter for over 40 years and in all that time i've never known such a lack of singing and songs. I sit in the east stand near the family stand and to be honest most game I can only hear 1 or 2 songs, and he away fans always appear to be louder. So come on fans lets get back to the Vetch Field days and get singing and singing loud, otherwise we will be stuck with the name as the " Library Staduim".
suggestions for new songs.... on 09:49 - Aug 21 with 12906 viewsdavidaeaton

suggestions for new songs.... on 09:36 - Aug 21 by bostondanvers

With regards to songs or lack of songs, I've been a supporter for over 40 years and in all that time i've never known such a lack of singing and songs. I sit in the east stand near the family stand and to be honest most game I can only hear 1 or 2 songs, and he away fans always appear to be louder. So come on fans lets get back to the Vetch Field days and get singing and singing loud, otherwise we will be stuck with the name as the " Library Staduim".

Totally agree mate, only watched for nearly 30 years but I've the same outlook

suggestions for new songs.... on 10:17 - Aug 21 with 12895 viewsbermudajack

suggestions for new songs.... on 00:35 - Aug 21 by treboethjack

I think you'll find they are the exact words... :-)

suggestions for new songs.... on 11:21 - Aug 21 with 12870 viewsscottishjack

Sure something could be done with this...
suggestions for new songs.... on 11:41 - Aug 21 with 12866 viewstreboethjack

suggestions for new songs.... on 11:21 - Aug 21 by scottishjack

Sure something could be done with this...

just swap "tartan army boys" for Swansea city boys" keeps it simple?

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024