Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's 16:29 - Jan 17 with 665 viewsdurham_exile

Last season the visit to Carlisle United was absolutely vital, with the U’s having to at least to match the Scunny scoreline. A very impressive and thoroughly deserved 2-0 victory meant that survival on the last day was assured.

This season the match at Brunton Park is no less important. JD has watched on as the U’s have taken 10 out of the last 15 points to begin to move away from the relegation mire. As the U’s look upwards, the consistency that we are seeking must be maintained with another impressive performance at a ground where fortunes have been mixed over the years.

The U’s however are beginning to gain much needed confidence from their recent form and should not fear the Cumbrians on their home soil.

Indeed JD is close to securing a huge coup, that of securing Sam Walker on a permanent deal. The 8ft tall shot stopper (clearly the lad hasn't stopped growing) is one of the reasons for the upturn in form. His impressive goalkeeping is worth its weight in gold to a U’s side that has outside hopes of a top six finish. 75 points has to be the target this season.

Other players are also beginning to return, Sanchez Watt was outstanding last week versus the Gills and he is likely to be joined by Freddie Sears and Jabo Ibehre tomorrow.

With the positive news that Alex Gilbey has signed a new contract and Dominic Vose is with us until the end of the season who knows what might happen.

The fact that someone called Baines has signed a new deal at Everton means that we might keep Luke Garbutt until the end of the season or longer!!!

Only long term absentees Drey Wright, Thompson and Massey remain on the sidelines.

JD can therefore look to field a strong team at Brunton Park and I expect something along these lines in a 4,2,3,1 formation:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Eastman Garbutt

Eastmond Bean

Watt Vose Sears

Ibehre

Subs:

Cousins, Olufemi, Dickson, Gilbey, David Wright, Bonne, Morrison

Carlisle happens to be my shortest journey to see Colchester at about 55 miles. I hope that the travelling faithful have a good journey and let us also hope that we are celebrating another three points at full time.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 13:45 - Jan 18 with 625 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I can't see Wright not playing personally, he's a very important player for us. Also I'm not sure that Ibehre and / or Sears will be risked from the start. I expect to see the same starting XI as last week lining up at 15:00.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 15:19 - Jan 18 with 620 viewsBarsidepete

San-chezzz Watttttt!!

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 15:27 - Jan 18 with 617 viewsBarsidepete

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 15:19 - Jan 18 by Barsidepete

San-chezzz Watttttt!!

Aw and there went that, 1-1... Predicted 1-2 so still pretty much ok

.. third worst conceding, the Cumbrians, so hope springs eternal...
[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 15:28]

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 15:42 - Jan 18 with 612 viewsMadeira163

Walker keeping us in it.
sign the contract Sam
I need 1-3 and if Vose scores even better
Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 15:45 - Jan 18 with 610 viewsBarsidepete

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 15:42 - Jan 18 by Madeira163

Walker keeping us in it.
sign the contract Sam

Vose finally involved as we approach HT. I mean really? Morrison at least makes himself a nuisance.

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 15:51 - Jan 18 with 606 viewsBarsidepete

Errrr, .....Watttttttttt.....???? 2-1!! late Christmas present!

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:30 - Jan 18 with 599 viewsBarsidepete

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 15:42 - Jan 18 by Madeira163

Walker keeping us in it.
sign the contract Sam

Beannnnn!!! sorry, not Vose although 1-3 now GSY

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:32 - Jan 18 with 595 viewsMadeira163

no problem have 1-3 and 1-3 with Vose to score
1-3 still 25/1
Login to get fewer ads

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:33 - Jan 18 with 594 viewsBarsidepete

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:32 - Jan 18 by Madeira163

no problem have 1-3 and 1-3 with Vose to score
1-3 still 25/1

You genius;) .. relegation no longer in the picture. Now it's daydreams of a run of wins and playoff contenders.

Wow, The U's.

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:35 - Jan 18 with 591 viewsBarsidepete

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:33 - Jan 18 by Barsidepete

You genius;) .. relegation no longer in the picture. Now it's daydreams of a run of wins and playoff contenders.

Wow, The U's.

Oh dear, 1-4 to the U's .. poor Cumbs...

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:38 - Jan 18 with 588 viewsgerry_us

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:35 - Jan 18 by Barsidepete

Oh dear, 1-4 to the U's .. poor Cumbs...

Think my U's World is wrong Pete. It cant be the correct score surely?
Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:39 - Jan 18 with 584 viewsMadeira163

why didnt VOSE listen, I said 1-3 not 4
Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:43 - Jan 18 with 575 viewsBarsidepete

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:38 - Jan 18 by gerry_us

Think my U's World is wrong Pete. It cant be the correct score surely?

Crazy right?

Who are we The U's who who?

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:47 - Jan 18 with 572 viewsBarsidepete

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 16:39 - Jan 18 by Madeira163

why didnt VOSE listen, I said 1-3 not 4

I hoped for a nice 2-0 v Gills and it had to end 3-0 of course. Our Eagles now score and don't care about us more conservative punters..

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 08:20 - Jan 19 with 515 viewsMadeira163

I spent the Gills match in the slowest check in queue in the world, Easyjet at Funchal, but had 3-1 so was cheering on the gills at the end.
Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 09:26 - Jan 19 with 506 viewswessex_exile

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 08:20 - Jan 19 by Madeira163

I spent the Gills match in the slowest check in queue in the world, Easyjet at Funchal, but had 3-1 so was cheering on the gills at the end.

You could still be queuing now and they wouldn't have scored...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Cumbrians next up for JD's super U's on 15:26 - Jan 19 with 477 viewsburnsieespana

I did the 90 minute car ride yesterday to Torremolinos for the night so it was about 5 mins before game end that I was flabagasted to see the U's 4 up........really enjoyed the hospitality of Torremolinos last night, I have to say, even if a bottle of decent wine was 12 euro!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024