Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterbore game in doubt 16:32 - Jan 30 with 740 viewsdurham_exile

A saturated pitch at London Road has put the game in doubt.

Perhaps another week of inactivity will not do any harm. Our next game will be the Millers at the WHCS.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Peterbore game in doubt on 17:15 - Jan 30 with 721 viewswessex_exile

Well I'll be p'ssed off if it's cancelled - I've bought all my tickets now, and the supercheap train tickets are non-refundable

Worse still, if they don't call it off before 9am on Saturday, I'll already be en route - might have to find a London game to do in that case - West Ham v Swansea catches the eye...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Peterbore game in doubt on 17:28 - Jan 30 with 715 viewsdurham_exile

Peterbore game in doubt on 17:15 - Jan 30 by wessex_exile

Well I'll be p'ssed off if it's cancelled - I've bought all my tickets now, and the supercheap train tickets are non-refundable

Worse still, if they don't call it off before 9am on Saturday, I'll already be en route - might have to find a London game to do in that case - West Ham v Swansea catches the eye...

Wessex - pitch inspection at London Road tomorrow morning and a decision will be made then.

Without questioning your judgement about a London match, you may wish to also consider:

Fulham v Southampton

or

QPR v Burnley

We could be heading for a minor fixture congestion at Colchester but I would rather play when the pitches are less heavy and somewhat drier (better for our passing game).

Peterbore are clearly trying to get Tomlin back for the Col U game when it is rearranged!

Safe journey whichever game you decide upon.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Peterbore game in doubt on 17:41 - Jan 30 with 709 viewsLeadbelly

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/fixture-ne

Doesn't sound promising. I can go Saturday but a midweek game will be tricky.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Peterbore game in doubt on 19:41 - Jan 30 with 693 viewswessex_exile

Peterbore game in doubt on 17:28 - Jan 30 by durham_exile

Wessex - pitch inspection at London Road tomorrow morning and a decision will be made then.

Without questioning your judgement about a London match, you may wish to also consider:

Fulham v Southampton

or

QPR v Burnley

We could be heading for a minor fixture congestion at Colchester but I would rather play when the pitches are less heavy and somewhat drier (better for our passing game).

Peterbore are clearly trying to get Tomlin back for the Col U game when it is rearranged!

Safe journey whichever game you decide upon.

Up the U's

Reckon I might be lucky to get into Loftus Rd or Craven Cottage, but having realised the 'appy 'ammers are a lunchtime kick-off, those might be the only decent options....

...whatever I do, I'm pretty resigned to the U's being off

Up the U's

Peterbore game in doubt on 11:11 - Jan 31 with 658 viewsLeadbelly

Pitch inspection now scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Weather forecast for Peterborough is light rain between 2pm and 10pm then showers overnight. Oh dear!

Peterbore game in doubt on 13:10 - Jan 31 with 643 viewsAFCMorant

Peterbore game in doubt on 11:11 - Jan 31 by Leadbelly

Pitch inspection now scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Weather forecast for Peterborough is light rain between 2pm and 10pm then showers overnight. Oh dear!

BBC weather forecast, notoriously shite, has rain for most of today in Pbore, but seven hours of heavy rain from around 4pm.
Peterbore game in doubt on 14:05 - Jan 31 with 630 viewsLeadbelly

Peterbore game in doubt on 13:10 - Jan 31 by AFCMorant

BBC weather forecast, notoriously shite, has rain for most of today in Pbore, but seven hours of heavy rain from around 4pm.

Just spoken to a work colleague, currently on a train from Peterborough to Boston. Absolutely persisting down at the moment.

Peterbore game in doubt on 15:18 - Jan 31 with 623 viewsLeadbelly

http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/310114-posh-game-off-1331080.aspx

London it is, Wessex. Sorry.

Login to get fewer ads

Peterbore game in doubt on 15:59 - Jan 31 with 616 viewswessex_exile

Peterbore game in doubt on 15:18 - Jan 31 by Leadbelly

http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/310114-posh-game-off-1331080.aspx

London it is, Wessex. Sorry.

Yeah, just saw on the OMB

Bit of a quandary now - Hammers is a lunchtime kick-off, and both Fulham and QPR are for all intents and purposes sold out. I'd get into Millwall, but do I really want to?

Up the U's

Peterbore game in doubt on 16:53 - Jan 31 with 607 viewsLeadbelly

Peterbore game in doubt on 15:59 - Jan 31 by wessex_exile

Yeah, just saw on the OMB

Bit of a quandary now - Hammers is a lunchtime kick-off, and both Fulham and QPR are for all intents and purposes sold out. I'd get into Millwall, but do I really want to?

As options go it is, in my humble opinion, somewhat unattractive.

Very few league games in London on Saturday but Conference South action available at Staines and Sutton.

I assume train disruption is not a problem? I suspect you reside to the east of the reservoir formerly known as Somerset...

Peterbore game in doubt on 17:10 - Jan 31 with 604 viewsBluenWightExile

Go for non-league Wessex and let us know about it!!
You'll not regret it and you'll save a few quid too!!!

Whalers - as ever the indiginous Somerset folk [I worked with 'em for 22 years] are moaning. The Somerset Levels always do what they're doing at the mo'. Muchelney was often cut-off when I lived there and the A361 often impassable, especially around Langport. True it's worse this time but they'd not live anywhere else if you asked 'em. They like a good old moan! If the farmers kept their rhynes [local name for a special kind of peat-ditch which is all over] cleared as they did scores of years back when they employed more local workers the water would have somewhere to go too! Historically the Levels were much wetter than now at one time [hence "Isle of Avalon"] and the sea came way inland. The pubs will be doing nicely............and boy, after 5 years on Alderney and now here do I miss Somerset's principle saving grace.....their excellent micro breweries!!!

Anyway - hope you find a worthwhile game Wesser

And for what it's worth it started raining here in December, is still raining and I've a £2 K bill now for roof repairs!!

Oh and whilst I am being sort of chatty - AFCMorrant!!

You don't need to trust BBC weather. I learned on Alderney to use a single website which they all use there where several of their lives depend upon it at times.
So.......I still use xc.weather.com which is very accurate, often to within 2-3 hours.
It's been spot on again today allowing this artist formerly known as Somersetbarside & AlderneyCUFC to go out drawing this morning because I knew it would be dry, thus permitting me to develop the picture here in my dry studio this afternoon whilst the torrent is falling.
Give the site a try.

No more blathering - up the U's. Have we signed anyone?

Pinault-noir

Peterbore game in doubt on 20:41 - Jan 31 with 586 viewswessex_exile

Peterbore game in doubt on 17:10 - Jan 31 by BluenWightExile

Go for non-league Wessex and let us know about it!!
You'll not regret it and you'll save a few quid too!!!

Whalers - as ever the indiginous Somerset folk [I worked with 'em for 22 years] are moaning. The Somerset Levels always do what they're doing at the mo'. Muchelney was often cut-off when I lived there and the A361 often impassable, especially around Langport. True it's worse this time but they'd not live anywhere else if you asked 'em. They like a good old moan! If the farmers kept their rhynes [local name for a special kind of peat-ditch which is all over] cleared as they did scores of years back when they employed more local workers the water would have somewhere to go too! Historically the Levels were much wetter than now at one time [hence "Isle of Avalon"] and the sea came way inland. The pubs will be doing nicely............and boy, after 5 years on Alderney and now here do I miss Somerset's principle saving grace.....their excellent micro breweries!!!

Anyway - hope you find a worthwhile game Wesser

And for what it's worth it started raining here in December, is still raining and I've a £2 K bill now for roof repairs!!

Oh and whilst I am being sort of chatty - AFCMorrant!!

You don't need to trust BBC weather. I learned on Alderney to use a single website which they all use there where several of their lives depend upon it at times.
So.......I still use xc.weather.com which is very accurate, often to within 2-3 hours.
It's been spot on again today allowing this artist formerly known as Somersetbarside & AlderneyCUFC to go out drawing this morning because I knew it would be dry, thus permitting me to develop the picture here in my dry studio this afternoon whilst the torrent is falling.
Give the site a try.

No more blathering - up the U's. Have we signed anyone?

No disrespect meant to the former or current denizens of the Somerset Levels, but with my day job hat on I'd love to seen the Levels return to their former state, dry in the summer and flooded in the wet seasons - made for a much more interesting and diverse landscape. Bizarrely in a way, but the best flood defence they have these days is the embanked M5 corridor, okay, so Bridgwater and everywhere west are goners, but the rest will be okay. It wasn't a tsunami, despite what anyone on t'internet might say, but this woodcut of the 1607 floods says it all...

I have decided on Millwall v Reading, and I'm going in with the 'Ding - fecking hate Millwall, so I'll have no qualms about cheering loudly as Reading (hopefully) spank their fat racist arses...

..whether I get home in one piece remains to be seen.

Up the U's

Peterbore game in doubt on 20:42 - Jan 31 with 585 viewswessex_exile

Whoops, forgot the attachment...

[Post edited 31 Jan 2014 20:45]

Up the U's

Peterbore game in doubt on 23:35 - Jan 31 with 564 viewsBFG

Either way, Tomlin's gone to Middlesborough.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2014 23:36]
Peterbore game in doubt on 01:21 - Feb 1 with 548 viewsnoah4x4

Peterbore game in doubt on 23:35 - Jan 31 by BFG

Either way, Tomlin's gone to Middlesborough.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2014 23:36]

Saw red again eh.
Peterbore game in doubt on 16:36 - Feb 1 with 521 viewsBarsidepete

Is there any chance either Shrews and PBoro will be reset for March? (more likely sometime in Feb eh?) .. would be amazing to see another tie (when cross the pond) r that was sewn into March

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024