Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans United AMF 18:01 - Apr 1 with 1198 viewsBlackpoolfaninPeace

You know that day when the fixtures come out and the first thing we all do is look for our best away trip? And who the last game be will against? And sometimes it’s one of those when it all comes together and we’re going away on the last day to the seaside on a Bank Holiday jollyboys. Most of you might have looked for a Blackpool weekender in your fixtures — there isn’t a league recently we haven’t been in!

Well this season, we’re inviting you all to have one with us! We reckon It might be your last chance — no doubt we’re going down this year — but that’s not half the story. We’re in serious danger of dropping out of the leagues altogether. What’s been done to us in the last few seasons could happen to any club in the country — there’s nothing in the way the modern game is run to stop it. We’re organising a massive fans united protest to stand shoulder to shoulder with other fans on May 2nd at Blackpool. We’re inviting any of you that fancy a Blackpool trip on the last Saturday of the FL to come and show unity with other like-minded fans and show those that run the game that we can’t be ignored.

Most fans won’t have anything really to bother about by the last game — so come to Blackpool and get some cheap beer, a cheap B&B maybe and meet others who care about what used to be our game and our way of life.

In the words of another former club chairman, the owners of Blackpool ‘trousered the lot’ of the Premiership windfall. What you probably don’t know is that they are taking fans through court for alleged libel, extracting money and apologies from us to stay out of court, goading us on message boards, and abusing fans with disabilities in personal texts (see FA text-gate investigation). We have to watch our step and what we say. But they can’t stop us boycotting and protesting. It’s our club, we want it back. It could be your club, and you wouldn’t stand for it either!

We want the last day to be our party. We know many of you from games in recent seasons or we’ve stood with you on England duty in years gone by. We know we’re stronger together than divided. We won’t stop fighting them — we have our own independent candidate standing in the General Election on May7th — you can show your support for him by liking the www.facebook.com/VoteForAndy.Blackpool < http://www.facebook.com/VoteForAndy.Blackpool> and follow his campaign on twitter at @Vote4Andy2015 < https://twitter.com/Vote4Andy2015>

Come and join us on May 2nd and show what real fans can do together.
Fans United AMF on 18:30 - Apr 1 with 1187 viewsmfb_cufc

Good luck with the protest. It is a disgrace the way your club has been run recently. I doubt anybody from Colchester will be able to join you though, because we have what may be a vital home game, against your local rivals Preston, on that day. If we are already relegated by then, then your offer maybe more appealing to some. Just hope we are able to play you next season.

mfb

Fans United AMF on 21:29 - Apr 1 with 1169 viewswessex_exile

Indeed, best of luck with your protest 'Poolie, proper football supporters throughout the world will be there with you (metaphorically if not literally). Like MFB said, we may well have a fairly important game of our own on that day, but if keeping ourselves up can put a dent in the promotion hopes of your rivals, I'm sure you'll forgive us being absent.

Really really do hope with see you next season at Cuckoo Farm.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Fans United AMF on 11:57 - Apr 18 with 1093 viewsBlackpoolfaninPeace

Fans United AMF on 21:29 - Apr 1 by wessex_exile

Indeed, best of luck with your protest 'Poolie, proper football supporters throughout the world will be there with you (metaphorically if not literally). Like MFB said, we may well have a fairly important game of our own on that day, but if keeping ourselves up can put a dent in the promotion hopes of your rivals, I'm sure you'll forgive us being absent.

Really really do hope with see you next season at Cuckoo Farm.

Dear All, firstly apologies for taking so long to respond but we've been fairly busy contacting as many boards as we can across all the divisions. We really appreciate your replies, support and comment. Since I've last been on here, another supporter Frank Knight has had to reach a settlement with the owners regarding comments on his Facebook page, to his 34 friends and has had to pay £20,000 direct to the Oystons, unlike the others who paid it to the community trust. There has been a funding site launched, and within 24 hours has reached over £8,000 and a lot of that has come from supporters of other clubs for which we and I'm sure Frank is humbled by. we've also launched shirts for Oyston Out which has been very successful across twitter and possibly the best thing was at Derby last Tuesday during our 0-4 defeat the Derby supporters chanting Oyston Out loud and proud and then showing support to the 150 or so Blackpool fans that had travelled by chanting Loyal supporters to them at the end of another miserable defeat.

Karl Oystons home village was visited last weekend by a flash mob of supporters, and were met by the sight of Karl Oyston and his family as well as a number of "heavies", the strangest thing was Karl wearing a balaclava and shooting his rifle into the air. Ironic that he has complained in the past that his children have been abused, yet he was quite happy for them to be out facing the protestors rather than be inside the safety of their home The campaign goes on from strength to strength and the fight will continue, if you're on Twitter of Facebook check out the Tangerine Knights for more updates.

Once again many Thanks for your comments and see you at your place next season.

Will be a new ground for me, obviously went to Layer Road many times, and oddly enough Karl Oyston used Colchester as an example of what he wanted Blackpool to be, so our tumble down the league shows he's on target!!
Up The Pool #OystonOut
Fans United AMF on 22:30 - Apr 18 with 1070 viewsBarsidepete

Sad fate for your club. The people in charge, hopelessly mindless. But yer fans, chin up.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Fans United AMF on 14:34 - May 2 with 939 viewswessex_exile

Mass pitch invasion at home to Huddersfield today, game still seems to be suspended.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32459756

Up the U's

Fans United AMF on 14:52 - May 2 with 930 viewswessex_exile

Fans United AMF on 14:34 - May 2 by wessex_exile

Mass pitch invasion at home to Huddersfield today, game still seems to be suspended.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32459756

And now abandoned - whatever your views on civil disobedience, I say bravo tangerines on your long road to reclaim your club!

Up the U's

Fans United AMF on 16:07 - May 2 with 915 viewsBarsidepete

Fans United AMF on 14:52 - May 2 by wessex_exile

And now abandoned - whatever your views on civil disobedience, I say bravo tangerines on your long road to reclaim your club!

Blackpool legend Stan Mortensen's statue was inexplicably removed and placed in a shed with lawnmowers and goalposts. (and damaged, as I read in the Daily Mail)

What on earth is happening at that club? I can understand the fans' frustration with regard to the Oyston 's.

I don't understand their agenda, the owners.

The FA should intervene. What a disgrace.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Fans United AMF on 18:51 - May 2 with 887 viewswessex_exile

Fans United AMF on 16:07 - May 2 by Barsidepete

Blackpool legend Stan Mortensen's statue was inexplicably removed and placed in a shed with lawnmowers and goalposts. (and damaged, as I read in the Daily Mail)

What on earth is happening at that club? I can understand the fans' frustration with regard to the Oyston 's.

I don't understand their agenda, the owners.

The FA should intervene. What a disgrace.

Completely agree, an utter disgrace. I'm not going to get too hung up on the statue, I'm sure the 'damage' really is superficial, if really damaged at all, it's the futility of their actions that beggars belief. The article suggests the statue was to be a focal point for a demonstration of fan's displeasure at the Oyston's, and support for their club - did they think removing it would somehow make that any better?

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024