Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Storm Frank 13:06 - Dec 31 with 1128 viewsgerry_us

Has anyone noticed that since the Met Office had the odd idea of naming storms they have got progressively worse especially when a "male" storm!
Hope all boarders are safe, dry and warm. We had it bad up on the Lincolnshire coast. Two plant pots blown over and a puddle on the pavement outside our house. A huh!
How is it up in Durham, Pete?
Storm Frank on 14:23 - Dec 31 with 1114 viewsBarsidepete

Not in Iowa this sec, but the Minneapolis Star Tribune has the current temp at 8 F and 15 F in Des Moines. The death toll from the flooding at our southern neighbors in Missouri and easterly, Illinois, now stands at 14 perished.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Storm Frank on 14:50 - Dec 31 with 1105 viewsLeadbelly

We were discussing that very thing last night. It's as if naming them has given the storms something to live up to.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Storm Frank on 15:03 - Dec 31 with 1098 viewsBarsidepete

Storm Frank on 14:50 - Dec 31 by Leadbelly

We were discussing that very thing last night. It's as if naming them has given the storms something to live up to.

The full coverage we're getting from England is incredible.

Read in the New York Times that the temperature in the North Pole was 50 degrees higher than normal. It was 70 F here in Washington on Christmas Day. The entire state of Virginia was in a deep fog two days ago.

It was actually snowing Christmas Day in Colorado, which you lot may not realize that it primarily snows in the mountains and Christmas snow in Denver is rare.

Best wishes for all affected across the pond. We may have to launch another JustGiving ... *sigh*

Storm Frank on 16:08 - Dec 31 with 1088 viewsgerry_us

Storm Frank on 14:50 - Dec 31 by Leadbelly

My thoughts exactly LB.
And surely someone could have come up with something more interesting than "Frank". What next, Gertrude? Apologies to all Franks and Gertrude's on the board.
Storm Frank on 19:39 - Dec 31 with 1080 viewsLeadbelly

Storm Frank on 16:08 - Dec 31 by gerry_us

My thoughts exactly LB.
And surely someone could have come up with something more interesting than "Frank". What next, Gertrude? Apologies to all Franks and Gertrude's on the board.

I believe the names were chosen via a public ballot so we only have ourselves to blame...although I didn't vote as I was unaware of said ballot.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Storm Frank on 20:42 - Dec 31 with 1071 viewsBarsidepete

Storm Frank on 19:39 - Dec 31 by Leadbelly

I believe the names were chosen via a public ballot so we only have ourselves to blame...although I didn't vote as I was unaware of said ballot.

We've had some disastrous storms here on the East Coast (the Atlantic). Who is on the committee to name them I've never understood.

Why not name the storms after devastating creatures or evil people.

Mythical or otherwise. Would you ever name a cyclone or hurricane "adolph?" ... Just give it the name in 2016, H1-16 or C1-16 when it happens.

I believe the planet will understand.

Off topic ... wonderful '16 to all... Let's all have a good year. All over the earth. Best we can.

Storm Frank on 17:49 - Jan 1 with 1040 viewscarruthers

As the storm are named in alphabetical order, someone has suggested we could be down to Zebedee by April.
Storm Frank on 19:15 - Jan 1 with 1019 viewsBarsidepete

Storm Frank on 17:49 - Jan 1 by carruthers

As the storm are named in alphabetical order, someone has suggested we could be down to Zebedee by April.

Call it Zebra. Zebra the Tacit.

That way we know it will be very rainy but introspectively internalized.

Can we name one major storm No Worries?

Login to get fewer ads

Storm Frank on 19:57 - Jan 1 with 1017 viewsdurham_exile

Hi Gerry have been hospitalised all week so sorry I didn't reply sooner. Gall stones problem partly solved now have to go back later in Jan for gallbladder removal.

Weather mild but very wet and windy some minor damage to our summerhouse rooffelt we have fared much better than our northern neighbours in Cumbria and North Yorkshire who as you know have seen record flooding.

Up the U's and Happy new year.

Durham_exile

Storm Frank on 20:32 - Jan 1 with 1006 viewsgerry_us

Storm Frank on 19:57 - Jan 1 by durham_exile

Hi Gerry have been hospitalised all week so sorry I didn't reply sooner. Gall stones problem partly solved now have to go back later in Jan for gallbladder removal.

Weather mild but very wet and windy some minor damage to our summerhouse rooffelt we have fared much better than our northern neighbours in Cumbria and North Yorkshire who as you know have seen record flooding.

Up the U's and Happy new year.

Hope you are feeling better Peter. Obviously going to miss the visit to the Somme then? Are you likely to make Scunny later in the month for a lunch? We have some catching up to do.
Here's to a great 2016 to you and Mrs Durham and the U's obviously.
Storm Frank on 21:31 - Jan 28 with 899 viewsgerry_us

Storm Frank on 16:08 - Dec 31 by gerry_us

My thoughts exactly LB.

Wow I should join the Met Office.
Storm Gertrude approaches!
Storm Frank on 21:41 - Jan 28 with 893 viewsdurham_exile

HI Gerry - Three successive very wet and very windy days here in Durham.

Tomorrow is also due to continue wet and windy.

I have carried out a temporary repair on the summerhouse roofing felt until the weather calms and I can replace the lot.

Ironically in between the heaviest showers the sun will make a fleeting appearance.

Were the beached whales anywhere near your coastline. Sad pictures of the whales and even more so with nutters scrawling slogans over them.

Meanwhile it will be sunny and upbeat at Colchester during Saturday lunchtime with the U's pulling off a shock draw against the Spurs.

Take care.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Storm Frank on 23:51 - Jan 28 with 884 viewsgerry_us

Storm Frank on 21:41 - Jan 28 by durham_exile

HI Gerry - Three successive very wet and very windy days here in Durham.

Tomorrow is also due to continue wet and windy.

I have carried out a temporary repair on the summerhouse roofing felt until the weather calms and I can replace the lot.

Ironically in between the heaviest showers the sun will make a fleeting appearance.

Were the beached whales anywhere near your coastline. Sad pictures of the whales and even more so with nutters scrawling slogans over them.

Meanwhile it will be sunny and upbeat at Colchester during Saturday lunchtime with the U's pulling off a shock draw against the Spurs.

Take care.

Up the U's

Whales just a few miles down the coast. Didn't go, too upsetting really.
Just hoping that none turn up on our part of the beach as it is almost a mile to the breakwater, not a few yard as at Skegness.

Actually hoping for a miracle Saturday but unfortunately I don't see that the game is that important as all the rest till the end of the season. IF we do have the quality to beat Spurs then the remainder of league matches should be a "doddle"

Stay dry and hope your roof holds up. It's blowing an absolute gale down here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024