Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on yesterday 17:32 - Apr 30 with 752 viewsgerry_us

...from my sun lounger.
No surprise about the "abandonment" as many had predicted it. I had suggested 3 points and +10 goals..worth a try. However I believe an abandonment results in 3 points and +3goals. If we knew that why did McGreal not know it as in his negotiations with the FA and Orient boss could he not have negotiated 1-4 to give us the +3 goals instead of what was a farcical finish in the end.
IF we miss out on play-off by the margin of 1 goal we are going to look pretty silly and no amount of appeals the the FA will be any good.
Let's hope for the boss's sanity it doesn't come to that.
All on Saturday now
Thoughts on yesterday on 18:18 - Apr 30 with 742 viewsmfb_cufc

Both managers gave instructions to the players to play out the game seriously. It was the players themselves that turned the last eight minutes into a game of subbuteo with nobody flicking the players. This was probably due to the fact they hadn't played for two hours, and didn't want to risk injury. An unsatisfactory way to finish the game, but better than having to come back in midweek to finish/replay the game. If we fail to make the play-offs the fans will blame it on the poor away form in 2017, rather than one more goal we may have had yesterday.

mfb

Thoughts on yesterday on 22:41 - Apr 30 with 704 viewswessex_exile

Thoughts on yesterday on 18:18 - Apr 30 by mfb_cufc

Both managers gave instructions to the players to play out the game seriously. It was the players themselves that turned the last eight minutes into a game of subbuteo with nobody flicking the players. This was probably due to the fact they hadn't played for two hours, and didn't want to risk injury. An unsatisfactory way to finish the game, but better than having to come back in midweek to finish/replay the game. If we fail to make the play-offs the fans will blame it on the poor away form in 2017, rather than one more goal we may have had yesterday.

We can't either forget the fraternity of football players, that may well have been a factor.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Thoughts on yesterday on 23:00 - Apr 30 with 699 viewsgerry_us

My point was that announcing to 6,000 plus people that the match has been abandoned is unacceptable in the extreme. What happens the next time of a crowd invasion? Nobody will believe what they are being told and will hang about forever awaiting the restart. As a matter of interest will Orient be repaying part of the ticket price. Yea, I know it's silly but not as silly as yesterday's event.
And an FA instigated news blackout that did not happen worldwide as I got news of "match abandoned after 84 minutes". Good, I thought meaning 3-0 win instead of 3-1. Could still be a monumental decision next week on goal difference but sincerely hope not.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 2:57]
Thoughts on yesterday on 07:49 - May 1 with 669 viewsLeadbelly

Thoughts on yesterday on 23:00 - Apr 30 by gerry_us

My point was that announcing to 6,000 plus people that the match has been abandoned is unacceptable in the extreme. What happens the next time of a crowd invasion? Nobody will believe what they are being told and will hang about forever awaiting the restart. As a matter of interest will Orient be repaying part of the ticket price. Yea, I know it's silly but not as silly as yesterday's event.
And an FA instigated news blackout that did not happen worldwide as I got news of "match abandoned after 84 minutes". Good, I thought meaning 3-0 win instead of 3-1. Could still be a monumental decision next week on goal difference but sincerely hope not.

The circumstances at Orient on Saturday are unlikely to be repeated very often, likewise the solution.

Having to play the remaining few minutes after such a long delay must have been an unappealing prospect for the players, especially those from Orient who would have had an emotional day anyway.

Saturday's events would usually guarantee disciplinary action from the football authorities. I wonder how long they will consider their own failings in allowing Bechetti to destroy a club before dishing out the punishment. Nowhere near as long as they should I would suggest.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Thoughts on yesterday on 10:19 - May 1 with 637 viewsdurham_exile

Thoughts on yesterday on 23:00 - Apr 30 by gerry_us

Ironically Blackpool v Orient could see further pitch incursions.

Both sets of supporters have serious gripes with their respective Owners.

Blackpool however would prefer to focus on the football for obvious reasons but Orient supporters may decide on another pitchside protest. After all they have nothing to lose.

Saturday evening is going to be very eventful whatever happens.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Thoughts on yesterday on 12:59 - May 1 with 604 viewsbwildered

Ref and football officials will never negotiate, manufacture results, has behind close door finishes will always be the end option , with all costs incurred to the home side for not being able to control home crowds .
Has we know anything could happen in five minutes of football, (especially considering are defence and away record ).
Fine would be quite futile considering the club has had problems paying staff and players wages .

With all the permutations on the final day, possible to do a Southend !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024