Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walsall to go home feeling saddle sore! 11:23 - Oct 12 with 599 viewsdurham_exile

JD received encouraging news this week on the injury front for some of his charges. Olufemi, Massey, Morrison return after injury and man mountain Daniel Pappoe returns after a 3 match ban.

Still out, Wright (Drey), Thompson, Eastman, Cousins, Hubble, Spence, Dickson and Watt

The horrendous news is that Sanchez Watt is out for another 6 weeks. The best present that Santa could give the U’s this year is a fit Sanchez Watt.

Walsall arrives in town after a defeat last week to everyone’s outside bet for promotion the Bantams. Now the U’s have a decent record against the Saddlers and I expect another good performance and home win in what will be a closely fought encounter.

JD will, line up something like this:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Taylor Garbutt

Eastmond Wright

Monakana Gilbey Sears

Ibehre

Subs:

Philips, Pappoe, Olufemi, Bean, Szmodics, Ladapo, Massey

I expect Massey to replace Jeffrey Monakana in the second half.

Now much has been written about the attacking force at our disposal. Play Ibehre up front not half way between midfield and up front, give him support in the form of Monakana and Sears (and Massey when he comes on and the chances will come.

The Bradford game was a classic reminder of what the team can achieve using midfield and strikers combining well.

Another striker (who for example) will only be of assistance if he is better than the players that JD already has at his disposal

A win is essential to build confidence and to claw back some of the places that we have lost with a succession of drawn games. At least we will not be facing a team with the quality of Wolves every week and when back to full strength, I tip us to get a result at Molineux in the spring.

In the meantime, a smaller crowd will need to get behind the team and encourage them to record a much needed home win.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024