Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dominic Vose signs from West Ham 11:00 - Nov 1 with 1049 viewsnoah4x4

Well almost; was with WHU, but released before playing a senior game.

Once tipped to be the next "wonder kid"; but a rape accusation in April 2011 was widely reported in the national press and unfortunately these articles remain live on the Internet. He was then merely aged 17 and was NOT convicted; but it is likely that some bigoted opposition fans possibly won't allow this to rest despite his innocence. However; negative comments on various other bulletin boards; U Tube and similar might suggest possible 'attitude' problems. Career has since drifted; a few games for Tooting; then Braintree and merely a few minutes in 2013; twice as substitute for Barnet; then released "by mutual consent".

Sounds to me a bit like a youngster that perhaps found stardom too early; when too immature; chip on shoulder etc. But until the 23rd November; Dominic does remain merely age 19; and didn't we all make mistakes in our youth?

Medy Elito was another that perhaps had pressure heaped on him when too young; and he seems to have sorted himself out at Daggers. Joe Dunne evidently sees similar potential in Dominic Vose. If his work ethic is now correct; and if his fitness and athleticism is fine (his ball skills are not in doubt) then there is nowhere better than Colchester United to give this lad a fresh start. But visiting fans may give him a hard time; so he is going to have to be mentally tougher than others.

Hence; my deliberate attempt to get all of this speculation out of the way in a positive first post on this board; whilst inviting all U's fans to make him welcome. Let's get behind him and hope he succeeds. Everybody deserves a second chance.

[Post edited 1 Nov 2013 11:31]
Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 14:05 - Nov 1 with 1014 viewsBarsidepete

Was rated a top prospect in 2010 and then there's that issue of bad judgment, place and time, guilty or not.

Not happy with this signing. What are we? desperate? No applause from me. Seems pointless and far-fetched.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 14:46 - Nov 1 with 1002 viewswessex_exile

Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 14:05 - Nov 1 by Barsidepete

Was rated a top prospect in 2010 and then there's that issue of bad judgment, place and time, guilty or not.

Not happy with this signing. What are we? desperate? No applause from me. Seems pointless and far-fetched.

Actually Pete, if you look at our goals scored total then yes, we are desperate. Vose represents a young hungry attacking midfield option who might just help that out. Joe has very sensibly put him on a monthly contract, so I'm happy to trust to Joe's judgement and give the lad a chance. As for temperament, He's gone from rising star to non-league no-mark in double-quick time, and I have no doubt he understands perfectly well that this might be his last chance to get that monkey off his back, knuckle down, realise his potential and get his career back on track. Worth a one month contract gamble in my opinion.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 14:51 - Nov 1 with 997 viewsBarsidepete

Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 14:46 - Nov 1 by wessex_exile

Actually Pete, if you look at our goals scored total then yes, we are desperate. Vose represents a young hungry attacking midfield option who might just help that out. Joe has very sensibly put him on a monthly contract, so I'm happy to trust to Joe's judgement and give the lad a chance. As for temperament, He's gone from rising star to non-league no-mark in double-quick time, and I have no doubt he understands perfectly well that this might be his last chance to get that monkey off his back, knuckle down, realise his potential and get his career back on track. Worth a one month contract gamble in my opinion.

What message does this send though? The reserves are mostly floundering to impress?

But having said that, yes, second chances. Perhaps the next Curo in terms of instinct for the net.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 16:15 - Nov 1 with 986 viewsnoah4x4

A mixed response to this latest signing is perhaps inevitable; more so because of his job-hopping footballing track record. But it seems a characteristic of modern times that many other youths initially make themselves almost unemployable because of immaturity and attitude; until it eventually dawns on them at the last chance saloon that a bit of effort/responsibility/commitment is essential and their CV worth protecting.

The comment in here is remaining responsible and constructive..... as is "U'sual".... unlike some other threads on different boards that I have today read about this lad; who after all; is still aged under twenty.

Frankly; he now has the opportunity to prove something beyond kicking a ball; and possibly become a positive role model as well as a great footballer. Let's hope that he uses it wisely.
Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 16:50 - Nov 1 with 973 viewsnoah4x4

Can I add Pete that I am not quite sure what you mean by "The reserves are mostly floundering to impress"? Considering that recent injuries to senior players have exposed many youngsters to debuts far earlier than expected; I think they have all done OK in recent weeks. OK; we haven't won many of our 14 games; but defeats have been few and did we really expect to avoid defeat by the top teams like Wolves and Orient that are demolishing everybody?

We don't have a reserve team as the former Football Combination is dead. We have an U21 development side; but that too doesn't compete in any league (as that too was scrapped). Instead they play some super 'friendly' fixtures (Arsenal U21; Crystal Palace U21; Norwich U21 etc.) and I watch most such games; and latterly in the Essex Senior Cup. It's hence a huge step up into the First Team.

They play super skilful football; but the one worry has always been that whilst they have all the ball skills; the step overs and the crowd pleasing stuff; can they out-muscle "Men"? After all; whilst a few over age players are included in the U21 squads; it's not like playing against 11 mature beasts of "men" as happens each week in Division One.

But as I reported against Great Wakering Rovers; what has impressed me is that these lads have learned how to be combative "shoulder to shoulder" and when leaping airborne. against "Men".

Drey Wright; Alex Gilby; Tosin Olefumi; Sammy Szmodics have all broken through and into first team contention and have always played well. Macca Bonne (n.b. another two goals on Tuesday) could be the next Andy Gray; but he is only 18 and six days. He must be protected whilst he 'muscles up' even more. Slightly older players like Elliott Lee and Dominic Vose hence do have to feature in the current scheme of things whilst we strengthen both the team and bench; whilst buying time for our fabulous younger youngsters to mature.

Freddie Lapado (who has not yet quite broken through except in lesser cups) has also just been shipped out to Conference high flyers Nuneaton. Joe Dunne evidently has a clear development plan. Like Wessex; I trust Joe; and the fact Vose is on a monthly rolling contract does suggest that the new signing has no room to flounder. It's do or (career) die.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2013 16:59]
Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 17:26 - Nov 1 with 948 viewsBluenWightExile

We have to trust Joe.
He is our manager and is thus managing this signing and this individual.
Jamie Guy was a difficult lad who we probably did pretty well with but was in the end too wild for us. Sad really, I was right behind his goal at the Hawthorns and he got a lovely one away to Coventry in our CCC days. In the end young people emanate from far fewer family value units these days - I am guilty too if you like as the Viking grew up without me around - thus it befalls an employer to take a risk and play a significant role.
If Joe thinks this lad can do the latter then he gets his chance - if not that's life the way it's lived these days.

Is it on tomorrow - drowning here on the IoW and Pompey's game in doubt with a whole day of rain forecast?

Up the U's - two wins running!? Is it possible? It would feel unreal these days.......but maybe by the time Joe [and Noah4x4] has his plans in shape.........who knows!

Pinault-noir

Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 19:20 - Nov 1 with 938 viewsbwildered

A punt signing regarding the U's , only on a monthly signing so does this mean it does not impinge on loanee rules and regulations ? Lacking any experience in forward positions at present with Jabo , Sears and Morrison struggling for fitness. So any fresh legs are welcome.
With only U21 , Friendly ,Senior and Youth Cup matches the youngers lack weekly competitive game time so loan outs at a decent level in comparison to their development is a must .
[Post edited 1 Nov 2013 19:23]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 19:27 - Nov 1 with 928 viewswessex_exile

All very sensible stuff chaps

The rape allegation - jeez but that's a difficult one - it would be wrong to even to begin to speculate about scenarios, all we know is that he was accused but not convicted. I can't help thinking that for Vose that really hasn't helped - not the accusation per se, but that he never had his day in court to prove his innocence...

..because innocent is what he is, regardless of societies instinctive 'no smoke without fire' attitude to such cases (not helped by being on the books of a Premier League club at the time, and on the back of other more high-profile cases that didn't involve a 17yr old and 16yr old at a party).

He'll carry that stigma for the rest of his career I suspect.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 20:38 - Nov 1 with 922 viewsgerry_us

Rather a kick in the teeth for some of our own excelent youngsters.l
Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 21:01 - Nov 1 with 917 viewswessex_exile

Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 20:38 - Nov 1 by gerry_us

Rather a kick in the teeth for some of our own excelent youngsters.l

Possibly so Gerry, and I understand what you're saying, but in truth with our injury crisis Joe's been blooding youngsters maybe far sooner that he might have originally wanted to? Vose is here for a month at the moment, so hopefully the academy pack (I refrain from saying brat pack) will see in him the potential they have in front of them?

...and you're right, they are excellent!

Up the U's

Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 21:01 - Nov 1 with 917 viewsdurham_exile

Dominic Vose signs from West Ham on 14:46 - Nov 1 by wessex_exile

Now that the average age of our team is 22, I am sure that he will fit in very well.

I have to say though that I had never heard of him prior to reading the Col U site today.

Still good luck, probably on the bench at the New York tomorrow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024