Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 14:40 - Dec 8 with 933 viewsBarsidepete

Painful week as MFB_CUFC (7-1) was "this close" to our elusive 8-0, but Redskins botched it for him with wide receiver DeSean Jackson's late fumble. As a Skins fan, personally, you can imagine my pain. So MFB with a bittersweet 7-1 and 8 points, so close to perfect, which only happens once a season over the years of our PL... DURHAM_EXILE with an excellent 5-3 and 8 points (only one to pick both 2-pointers) to, um, "strengthen" his seed for the Superb Owl playoffs. But who really wants to play v MFB or RSCO in a two-week leg when it comes down to it... Otherwise, LEADBELLY still with his eyes on the prize; I had a meh 4-4 week where I got neither two-pointer correct; GERRY and THRILLO go 3-5, both need to pick up their game with 4 weeks to go.

1 pt games
N.Y. JETS 23 at N.Y. Giants 20 F-OT
Atlanta 19 at TAMPA BAY 23
SEATTLE 38 at Minnesota 7
Jacksonville 39 at TENNESSEE 42
Houston 21 at BUFFALO 30
KANSAS CITY 34 at Oakland 20

2 pt games
Indianapolis 10 at PITTSBURGH 45
DALLAS 19 at Washington 16 -- 82,000 at Fed Ex field to watch this disaster in the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia)

THE TABLE (12 of 16): tie-breaker: most points, pick percentage, & then first to post
*this week, overall & points

MFB_CUFC............ (7-1) ... (8) ............ (63-33) ... (79 pts)
RSCOSWORTH ....... (6-2) ...(7) ............ (62-34) ... (77)
Leadbelly .............. (5-3) ... (6) ............ (56-40) ... (72)
gerry_us ............... (3-5) ... (4)............. (54-42) ... (67)
thrillseeker ............ (3-5) ... (3) ............ (52-44) ... (63)
durham_exile ........ (6-2) ... (8) ............ (52-44) ... (63)
Barsidepete ........... (4-4) ... (4) ............ (48-48) ... (59)

MFB_CUFC's pick-8:

1pt games
BUFFALO BILLS at PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS at TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS at JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
WASHINGTON REDSKINS at CHICAGO BEARS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS at BALTIMORE RAVENS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS at HOUSTON TEXANS (1.30 Mon)

2pt games
DETROIT LIONS at ST LOUIS RAMS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at CLEVELAND BROWNS

More updates to follow. Good luck all
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 16:02]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 21:04 - Dec 8 with 901 viewsLeadbelly

Bills
Buccaneers
Colts
Bears
Seahawks
Patriots
Lions
49ers

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 21:45 - Dec 8 with 898 viewsmfb_cufc

1pt games
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
CHICAGO BEARS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

2pt games
ST LOUIS RAMS
CLEVELAND BROWNS

mfb

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 17:59 - Dec 9 with 871 viewsthrillseeker

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
CHICAGO BEARS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

2pt games
ST LOUIS RAMS
CLEVELAND BROWNS
MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 21:45 - Dec 9 with 859 viewsgerry_us

BUFFALO BILLS
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
CHICAGO BEARS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

DETROIT LIONS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 05:58 - Dec 10 with 847 viewsBarsidepete

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 21:45 - Dec 9 by gerry_us

BUFFALO BILLS
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
CHICAGO BEARS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

DETROIT LIONS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Bears? Really?

As a Vikes fan you should predict the Redskins to defeat the Bears. I am not paying for your bangers and mash and mushy peas next time.Predicting the Bears to win. Not cool.

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 10:04 - Dec 10 with 837 viewsgerry_us

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 05:58 - Dec 10 by Barsidepete

Bears? Really?

As a Vikes fan you should predict the Redskins to defeat the Bears. I am not paying for your bangers and mash and mushy peas next time.Predicting the Bears to win. Not cool.

Head rules heart mate.
MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 15:15 - Dec 10 with 832 viewsBarsidepete

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 10:04 - Dec 10 by gerry_us

Head rules heart mate.

Hey, Massive NFL game on Sky Sports tonight (stay up late or set your DVR) -- for some reason the NFL has scheduled Thursday night games as if it was Christmas every week. Sunday night games are good while Monday are usually so-so in terms of the featured game. Thursday nights have been holy cow.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS at ARIZONA CARDINALS (20:30 ET/01:30 GMT)

NFC North
Green Bay Packers 8-4
Minnesota Vikings 8-4
Chicago Bears 5-7
Detroit Lions 4-8

NFC West
Arizona Cardinals 10-2
Seattle Seahawks 7-5
St Louis Rams 4-8
San Francisco 49ers 4-8

Green Bay currently holds the tie-breaker over Minnesota because they defeated the Vikes 30-13 on 22 Nov ...They have a 6-3 conference record while the Vikings are 5-3. In the division, Minnesota is 3-1 so far and Green Bay 3-2.

We have Vikings, Packers, Patriots, Jaguars, Redskins, even (London) Jaguars fans who pop in here.

Circle this one on your calendar: 3 Jan (final game of the season before the playoffs) -- Minnesota at Green Bay at Lambeau Field *google why it's called that. It is not because of a sponsor (13:00 ET/18:00 GMT) ... If that game is not on Sky I will eat my boots.

**Want to remind, in the NFL you get no cute winner's ribbon for the best record in your conference or winning your division. You get seeded. And the only prize is the Super Bowl. 12 best in two conferences (6 each) who play one-offs and then the big game.

I still need input how to structure our playoffs. Post here or inbox me.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2015 15:33]

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 15:54 - Dec 10 with 821 viewsBarsidepete

An interesting factoid, Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field (capacity 80,075) is named after Packers founder, player, and legendary head coach, Curly Lambeau. And it would be sacrilege to put a sponsor's name on it. May happen some day, but here is why maybe not:

It is owned LITERALLY BY THE FANS. The only professional team owned by the fans in America, but also one of the most beloved in the states .. Is that like FC United of Manchester? a club owned by its fans?

Green Bay's population is around 105,000. The region can fill a stadium that seats 80,000, they have an 80,000 waiting list for season tickets (yes, look it up). People from around the world are Packers supporters. Milwaukee is not huge but that's their team "as well," that city is 120 miles south of Green Bay--Milwaukee, Wisconsin--they do have the Brewers baseball team, and the basketball Bucks-- (M'waukee being 90 miles north of Chicago... Pack supporters come from all round--Illinois (those not-Bears fans), Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Canada

There are 5 Million shares owned by 360,000 stockholders but no one can hold a majority share to control the team. They have no cheerleaders, but U of Wisconsin-Green Bay or St Norbert College cheerleaders do appear at the game at times.

The Packers name was coined in 1921 after the Indian Packing Company, a sposor, a meat packing company, and the local paper, the Green Bay Press-Gazette dubbed them that. Sometimes the Packers wear Acme retro kits. Those kits are so beautiful.

the Minnesota Vikings are one of the greatest fan-bases ever as well. Vikes move into into a gorgeous new stadium next year. It is even being created to be a "soccer-specific" stad in Minneapolis/St Paul ... That's great for an Iowa boy like me (for those who recall my long-ago username Iowapete)...

Vikings at Packers ... 3 January.

Chris Walken talking football on 980 a.m. in Wash DC as we speak. He is a massive Redskins fan. It is so bizarre to hear his voice on the sports show here. Outstanding, strange.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2015 18:08]

Login to get fewer ads

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 19:47 - Dec 10 with 793 viewsdurham_exile

Bills
Buccaneers
Colts
Bears
Seahawks
Patriots

Lions
Browns

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 10:26 - Dec 11 with 779 viewsBarsidepete

And the Thursday night final was:

Minnesota Vikings 20 at Arizona Cardinals 23

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 23:51 - Dec 11 with 760 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Week 14

1pt games
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
CHICAGO BEARS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

2pt games
DETROIT LIONS
CLEVELAND BROWNS

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 01:54 - Dec 12 with 752 viewsBarsidepete

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 23:51 - Dec 11 by RSCOSWORTH

Week 14

1pt games
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
CHICAGO BEARS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

2pt games
DETROIT LIONS
CLEVELAND BROWNS

1. Great variety of picks except for Colts, Bears, Seahawks, and Patriots.

*But Jags are not that terrible (at home) and Indy is not that good.
*Redskins are "meh" but they are are also in first place in the NFC East (based on tie-breaker)
*Ravens are going to make it difficult for the Hawks with 70,000 giving them hell in B'more--they only have two pro teams. The Orioles baseball team and the Ravens.
*The Houston Texans are picked by quite a few pundits to give the New England Patriots their third loss on the trot. Texans are not just playing a game. They are in first with the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC South.

The two-pointers will be crucial. There could be quite a swing this weekend even it seems to have become a pick-4 (of 8) week. MFB selected some good ones.

Mine:

1pt games
BUFFALO BILLS at PHILADELPHIA EAGLES -- Philadelphia *fingers crossed I'm wrong
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS at TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS -- New Orleans *I'm giving QB Drew Brees the benefit of the doubt
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS at JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS -- Jaguars. Have to root for them. They're your default team
WASHINGTON REDSKINS at CHICAGO BEARS -- Washington
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS at BALTIMORE RAVENS -- Baltimore -- going "local"
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS at HOUSTON TEXANS (1.30 Mon) -- Houston

2pt games
DETROIT LIONS at ST LOUIS RAMS -- St Louis
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at CLEVELAND BROWNS -- San Francisco -- I blame having lived in "The City," as they call it, for 12 years. Go Niners!

*you can check my time-code. I edited it at 20:59 ET because of a really stupid typo. It's not like I'm winning the PL. It's only about playoff seeding for me.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2015 1:59]

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 21:57 - Dec 13 with 709 viewsBarsidepete

Not a very good week for some of our PL'ers. Update to follow on the next/new PL thread

Here are score updates -- MFB selected a gauntlet of games -- and all you had to do is pick the winners, yikes:

1pt games
Buffalo 20 at PHILADELPHIA 23 -- Eagles got lucky
NEW ORLEANS 24 at Tampa Bay 17 -- Saints can beat anyone, but they don't every week
Indianapolis 16 at JACKSONVILLE 51 -- London's team kicks ASS -- I've told you lot, when the NFL finally moves the Jaguars to London, they may lose but when they win or lose it won't be boring
WASHINGTON 24 at Chicago 21 -- Redskins remain 1st in the NFC East
SEATTLE 35 at Baltimore 6 -- Seahawks looking like the Super Bowl champs of 2 years ago -- the Hawks have no problem being a wild card. That is an NFL team that is Not bovvered with playing every playoff game away.
NEW ENGLAND 27 at Houston 6 -- Patriots at 11-2 the best record in the AFC

2pt games
Detroit 14 at ST LOUIS 21 -- Rams an enigma
San Francisco 10 at CLEVELAND 24 -- the Niners a shell of their former selves

Atlanta 0 at CAROLINA 38 -- Panthers now an incredible 13-0 with three games to go before the playoffs ... LoL ... Carolina, southerly of Washington, ... and Virginia (where I live),... they're in North Carolina, destroying the teams they play.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2015 7:32]

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 21:37 - Dec 14 with 644 viewsgerry_us

I think I got as close to a record as MFB did last week!
MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 22:13 - Dec 15 with 616 viewsBarsidepete

MFB_CUFC's NFL PL week 13 of 16 (NFL week 14 of 17) -- deadline Sunday 18:00 on 21:37 - Dec 14 by gerry_us

I think I got as close to a record as MFB did last week!

Didn't mean to ignore your post, Ger --it's been a complicated busy week.

Didn't select the Bears at Vikes game this week. I think that's in the pocket for Minnesota. No reason to post a game where all of us would have predicted the (our) Vikings. That would have made it a pick-7, not pick-8.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2015 22:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024