Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 years ago today... 17:30 - May 5 with 1001 viewsLeadbelly

We were promoted to the Championship. How things have changed.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

10 years ago today... on 18:53 - May 5 with 977 viewspwrightsknees

I want to cry.

I remember watching the live scores come through on Ceefax. I couldn't bear the tension and had to turn it off. I went to Halfords. One of the staff had the radio on, so I went home and listened to a rock 'n' roll CD till Final Score, or whatever it was called then, came on.

Heady days indeed, but where has it all gone, and why has it been so wasted?
10 years ago today... on 19:16 - May 5 with 966 viewsdurham_exile

Ah yes great times.

I took both my sons and it was a unique day at Huish Park.

One spectator with tears rolling down his face told me he had supported the U's for 65 years and this was the greatest day he could remember. Humbling occasion and brilliant memories.

Sadly we have been relegated to League Two where Yeovil also play and they also "enjoyed" the Championship before being relegated in successive seasons.

I am afraid that whilst money doesn't always guarantee success, it certainly helps. The writing has been on the wall for the last four seasons and this season we have been found wanting.

The Financial Fair Play regulations have not helped the U's and League One as with the Championship is almost a league within a league with more wealthy and better supported clubs faring better than the other two thirds.

We are going to have our work cut out getting straight back to League One and JM will have his credentials more than tested.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

10 years ago today... on 19:39 - May 5 with 958 viewsBarsidepete

Was ultimately gutted.

I still flew across the pond for that ColU v Huddersfield 0-0. The first tie at the WHCS.

I think 16/17 will be just fine. Give us supporters a playoff run. Worst case scenario, mid-table and fun wins. No drama near the foot of the table.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

10 years ago today... on 14:15 - May 6 with 910 viewsLeadbelly

Actually 10 years ago today

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

10 years ago today... on 17:04 - May 6 with 894 viewsnoah4x4

6th May 2006

Same day as the death of the last American survivor of the Titanic ......

Soon after; the White Star Line appoints new management as past hero captain departs for some new Hull.....

....now only the cabin boy and the cook remain......
[Post edited 6 May 2016 17:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024