Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where will you finish? 21:56 - Jul 31 with 2345 viewsGabriel

ColU fans,

Done a Q&A with fan Richard Crick on your chances this season - http://www.TheFootbalLab.co.uk/2016/colchester-united-season-preview-youth-devel

Personally, I've said you'll finish 18th. I feel the structure at the club is a bit idealistic and puts too much faith into players who have no Football League experience. Doug Loft and possibly Luke Prosser are the only experienced leaders I can see in the squad - seems risky to rely on 1 or 2 players for that. Your views?
Where will you finish? on 22:02 - Jul 31 with 2338 viewsdurham_exile

Definitely top seven.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Where will you finish? on 22:08 - Jul 31 with 2335 viewsGabriel

Where will you finish? on 22:02 - Jul 31 by durham_exile

Definitely top seven.

Up the U's

Bold shout! Which players do you think will do well this year then?
Where will you finish? on 22:54 - Jul 31 with 2324 viewsdurham_exile

Where will you finish? on 22:08 - Jul 31 by Gabriel

Bold shout! Which players do you think will do well this year then?

Whilst we had an abysmal season last year, there were performances which offered hope for the future.

We have sufficient players within our squad to perform very well at League Two level

Walker is an excellent GK

Brindley, Vincent-Young, Eastman and Kinsella will offer quality at the back with Prosser and Wynter as cover

Slater, Szmodics, Loft, Lapslie and Garvan in midfield

Johnstone and Guthrie up front with Porter and Dickenson offering support.

Stand out players will be Kinsella, Loft, Slater, Guthrie and Johnstone

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Where will you finish? on 23:03 - Jul 31 with 2321 viewsGabriel

Where will you finish? on 22:54 - Jul 31 by durham_exile

Whilst we had an abysmal season last year, there were performances which offered hope for the future.

We have sufficient players within our squad to perform very well at League Two level

Walker is an excellent GK

Brindley, Vincent-Young, Eastman and Kinsella will offer quality at the back with Prosser and Wynter as cover

Slater, Szmodics, Loft, Lapslie and Garvan in midfield

Johnstone and Guthrie up front with Porter and Dickenson offering support.

Stand out players will be Kinsella, Loft, Slater, Guthrie and Johnstone

Up the U's

I think when you look at the kind of signings some of the favourites are making, that squad doesn't look up there to me. Would worry about having such a young defence.
Where will you finish? on 23:24 - Jul 31 with 2316 viewsLeadbelly

Fundamental problems that have led to four seasons of regression culminating in relegation haven't disappeared. If we are anywhere close to a playoff place I'll be surprised and delighted in equal measure. Somewhere below mid table looks far more likely.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Where will you finish? on 00:14 - Aug 1 with 2309 viewsGabriel

Where will you finish? on 23:24 - Jul 31 by Leadbelly

Fundamental problems that have led to four seasons of regression culminating in relegation haven't disappeared. If we are anywhere close to a playoff place I'll be surprised and delighted in equal measure. Somewhere below mid table looks far more likely.

What do you think should be done differently then Leadbelly - would you want Cowling to go?
Where will you finish? on 00:36 - Aug 1 with 2301 viewsLeadbelly

Where will you finish? on 00:14 - Aug 1 by Gabriel

What do you think should be done differently then Leadbelly - would you want Cowling to go?

Cowling has decided that the club must live within its means. Laudable idea but the results are not.

He has also decided that we must rely on home grown talent, both players and management. Player production may come good eventually but on the managerial side things have been dire.

Cowling may not want to put more of his own money into the club but there are other people who may take a different view. What I really like to see change is the chairman accept investment from other sources that could be used to strengthen the first team squad. I won't be holding my breath.

I'd also like to see a change in the playing formation. I do find it strange that every manager seems to want to play 4-3-3 even though it hasn't worked for any of them. Perhaps they only get the job so long as they do as they're told?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Where will you finish? on 10:36 - Aug 1 with 2273 viewsburnsieespana

Edge of the playoffs. Might take us a few games to get going whilst players such as Gutherie, Slater and Johnston adjust to the pace.
Prosser, Loft and Dickinson will do a good a decent job.
Maybe the new slimline Elokobi will be like a new signing as well!
Login to get fewer ads

Where will you finish? on 15:37 - Aug 1 with 2244 viewsgerry_us

Where will you finish? on 10:36 - Aug 1 by burnsieespana

Edge of the playoffs. Might take us a few games to get going whilst players such as Gutherie, Slater and Johnston adjust to the pace.
Prosser, Loft and Dickinson will do a good a decent job.
Maybe the new slimline Elokobi will be like a new signing as well!

Two words I imagined I would never see in one sentence.
Slimline and Elokobi.
Where will you finish? on 14:07 - Aug 2 with 2179 viewsAFCMorant

Lower half definitely. Defence remains suspect in my eyes. 15th or 16th.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024