Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to take the positives 13:40 - May 8 with 932 viewsRSCOSWORTH

In what overall has been a good season for the U's I think now would be a good time to reflect on the last nine months and highlight anything positive relating to the club on or off the field.

Rules are only one positive per post and no consecutive posts. So control yourself Durham!
[Post edited 8 May 2017 14:21]

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Time to take the positives on 13:43 - May 8 with 926 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I'll kick things off.

Home form - 14 wins and 43 goals from 23 home league games. No side in the division won more games at home.

Time to take the positives on 14:13 - May 8 with 920 viewsdurham_exile

RS - duly noted!!!

In a season where the injuries mounted up to record proportions, it was pleasing to see Sam Walker returning to the team and playing every minute of every League Game plus two cup matches as well. 12 clean sheets were impressive too.

Frankie Kent, prior to his injury and Cameron James have both emerged as very impressive young footballers with tremendous potential.

Richard Brindley has emerged as an excellent taker of free kicks, his goal against the Shrimps was sensational.

Kurtis Guthrie would have definitely scored 20+ goals were it not for his injury and will be a star once again next season. His inspirational comments after the Yeovil game, kick started our season.

Dion Sembie-Ferris should also become a regular first teamer next season.

Tarique Fosu should be signed if he can be prised away from Reading.

Brennan Dickenson proved to be a thorn in many defences, another one to succumb to a serious injury in unfortunate circumstances.

David Blacknall for preparing probably the best playing surface in the League, it was a billiard table and allowed the U's to play a slick passing game at home.

Most improved player was Craig Slater (another injury victim) covered every blade of grass and always played positively.

Dean Brill for his heroics for the U23s against Sunderland, superb.

Big George Elokobi for his superb percussion skills and enthusiasm for the game!

JM for always coming to salute the faithful after each away game, whatever the result.

Acquisition target - Billy Kee from Accrington, would be the perfect partner for Guthrie next season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Time to take the positives on 14:26 - May 8 with 908 viewsLeadbelly

Time to take the positives on 14:13 - May 8 by durham_exile

RS - duly noted!!!

In a season where the injuries mounted up to record proportions, it was pleasing to see Sam Walker returning to the team and playing every minute of every League Game plus two cup matches as well. 12 clean sheets were impressive too.

Frankie Kent, prior to his injury and Cameron James have both emerged as very impressive young footballers with tremendous potential.

Richard Brindley has emerged as an excellent taker of free kicks, his goal against the Shrimps was sensational.

Kurtis Guthrie would have definitely scored 20+ goals were it not for his injury and will be a star once again next season. His inspirational comments after the Yeovil game, kick started our season.

Brennan Dickenson proved to be a thorn in many defences, another one to succumb to a serious injury in unfortunate circumstances.

David Blacknall for preparing probably the best playing surface in the League, it was a billiard table and allowed the U's to play a slick passing game at home.

Most improved player was Craig Slater (another injury victim) covered every blade of grass and always played positively.

Big George Elokobi for his superb percussion skills and enthusiasm for the game!

JM for always coming to salute the faithful after each away game, whatever the result.

Acquisition target - Billy Kee from Accrington, would be the perfect partner for Guthrie next season.

Up the U's

What was duly noted? Looks like more than one positive in that post!

Injuries have been ridiculous but some of the youngsters have grasped the opportunity presented and will be even better next season (Sembie-Ferris is not one of them...a country mile away from first team quality in my opinion)

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Time to take the positives on 14:29 - May 8 with 903 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Time to take the positives on 14:13 - May 8 by durham_exile

RS - duly noted!!!

Up the U's

You need to work on your maths Durham. One I said. One! Appreciate the input though.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 14:31]

Time to take the positives on 15:34 - May 8 with 885 viewsdurham_exile

Time to take the positives on 14:29 - May 8 by RSCOSWORTH

You need to work on your maths Durham. One I said. One! Appreciate the input though.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 14:31]

RS maths never my strong point!

If I had to select one, then the positive nature of the young players and emergence of Kent, James etc

Hope there are sufficient positives in what turned out to be a half decent season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Time to take the positives on 15:48 - May 8 with 884 viewsMoor_Pinot

THE positive was the outburst from Guthrie late last autumn which provided the springboard for the improvement from 23rd to 8th. He did this alone. Good on the lad and thus he didn't deserve the injury which cost him 22 goals and a play off place - both would have ensued courtesy of his motivational skills. No other single thing or player stands out so much as this event for me.
Up the U's.

Moor Pinot

Time to take the positives on 16:09 - May 8 with 878 viewsgerry_us

On the positive side Durham Pete only attended ONE home match. Pity about the away fixtures though; better luck next season Peter. We have Lincoln , Grimsby and Chessie to look forward to. So here is to improved away performances.
Time to take the positives on 16:33 - May 8 with 869 viewsLeadbelly

Positive for me was home games no longer felt like the ordeal they had become over the past few seasons.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Time to take the positives on 16:46 - May 8 with 864 viewsburnsieespana

To me, as an exile, who only managed to see three games the big positive was not being involved in a relagation scrap, retaining interest in the playoffs until virtually the last minute of the season so not being afraid to check my mobile phone during Saturday afternoons!
Time to take the positives on 17:57 - May 8 with 849 viewsDaniel

The end of the 4-5-1 formation. It is no coincidence that our season changed when we ditched it (or should that be once McGreal was allowed to change it!)
Time to take the positives on 19:02 - May 8 with 835 viewsbwildered

We avoided our lowest football league position for 22 years ( 17th , 93-94 ) !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Time to take the positives on 19:55 - May 8 with 825 viewsdurham_exile

Time to take the positives on 16:09 - May 8 by gerry_us

On the positive side Durham Pete only attended ONE home match. Pity about the away fixtures though; better luck next season Peter. We have Lincoln , Grimsby and Chessie to look forward to. So here is to improved away performances.

Gerry just as well I didn't go to any more home games.

Have already selected 12 aways for next season, time for my fortunes to change.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024