Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! 17:54 - Nov 9 with 2741 viewsdurham_exile

After a thoroughly deserved and professional performance against AFC Sudbury on Friday night Colchester’s reward is a home tie against either Wigan or Solihull Moors. Round 3 awaits!

Tonight, though there is more than a quantum of interest in the Papa John’s Trophy match at Poorman Road. The winner of the game against Ipswich qualifies for the next round of the PJT and doubtless gets the Pizza delivery for the rest of the season!

Even though the Tractorboys will be singing "you mean f**k all to us" they will not want to lose to their North Essex neighbours.

Now the pre-season friendly was a thoroughly entertaining 6 goal thriller. I would take any win tonight, preferably without the need for a penalty shoot-out.

The advantage of having no game at the weekend because of International Call ups is that HM can pick a virtually unchanged team and I hope that he has the courage to do so.

The change enforced upon HM will be Daniels for Clampin who gashed his knee badly early in the first half on Friday.

So:

George

Tchamadeu Chambers Eastman Daniels

Skuse Wiredu Chilvers

Jasper Sears Dobra

Subs

Turner Coxe Smith MWH Hannant McCoulsky Nouble

Cook will have a changed side to the one that drew with Oldham. Never mind about all the guff about the Ipswich old boys in our team, we are likely to line up against Kane Vincent-Young and someone called Macca Bonne.

It has been unseasonably mild here in Durham today and the forecast at Ipswich will be cloudy and 12 degrees Celsius and dry.

I think that it will be another game with goals and I am going to say providing HM is brave with his selection we will prevail 3-2 and progress with another slice of pizza to enjoy this evening.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 19:00 - Nov 9 with 1219 viewswessex_exile

Line-up announced as:

Turner

Junior
Eastman
Chambers
Daniels

Wiredu
Kennedy
Chilvers

Nouble
Sears
Hannant

Subs
Gerken
MWH
McCoulsky
Coxe
Thomas
Tovide
Cooper

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 19:41 - Nov 9 with 1193 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 19:00 - Nov 9 by wessex_exile

Line-up announced as:

Turner

Junior
Eastman
Chambers
Daniels

Wiredu
Kennedy
Chilvers

Nouble
Sears
Hannant

Subs
Gerken
MWH
McCoulsky
Coxe
Thomas
Tovide
Cooper

Unless Dobra and Smith have already left for sunnier climes where are they and more to the point where is Jasper.

Big Frank needs to find his shooting boots tonight.
Is he a false 9!!!!!!!

Up the U's
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 19:42]

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 19:53 - Nov 9 with 1177 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 19:41 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Unless Dobra and Smith have already left for sunnier climes where are they and more to the point where is Jasper.

Big Frank needs to find his shooting boots tonight.
Is he a false 9!!!!!!!

Up the U's
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 19:42]

Frank should have gambled then excellent work from Sears

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 19:54 - Nov 9 with 1171 viewsthrillseeker

Interesting comment on Talksport 2 commentary

The co-commentator said if the warm ups are anything to go by then he cannot see us scoring. He stated during warm up not one shot by us was on target yet the majority of Ipswich shots were on target.

He then said Nouble, Hannett & Kennedy had a combined season total of zero goals and this concerns him
Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:02 - Nov 9 with 1169 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 19:54 - Nov 9 by thrillseeker

Interesting comment on Talksport 2 commentary

The co-commentator said if the warm ups are anything to go by then he cannot see us scoring. He stated during warm up not one shot by us was on target yet the majority of Ipswich shots were on target.

He then said Nouble, Hannett & Kennedy had a combined season total of zero goals and this concerns him

Bit harsh of them to include Kennedy in that, kid's barely played. Sears, Chilvers and Wiredu must have 10 goals between them this season and they've all started tonight.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:07 - Nov 9 with 1160 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:02 - Nov 9 by RSCOSWORTH

Bit harsh of them to include Kennedy in that, kid's barely played. Sears, Chilvers and Wiredu must have 10 goals between them this season and they've all started tonight.

Kenedy and Cooper are players for the future but when they have played in the league this season they have deserved their places.

We have a great chance of winning this tonight.

Cook has made a mistake in not playing Bonne

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:15 - Nov 9 with 1156 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:07 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Kenedy and Cooper are players for the future but when they have played in the league this season they have deserved their places.

We have a great chance of winning this tonight.

Cook has made a mistake in not playing Bonne

Up the U's

That's what I mean though. They picked three players that haven't scored a goal between them and one of those players has barely played as opposed to picking a different three players, who are all playing, and have around 10 goals between them.

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:25 - Nov 9 with 1143 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:15 - Nov 9 by RSCOSWORTH

That's what I mean though. They picked three players that haven't scored a goal between them and one of those players has barely played as opposed to picking a different three players, who are all playing, and have around 10 goals between them.

The principal change in midfield is Kennedy for Skuse.

Back four ok
Midfield ok
Big Frank is the weak link up front.
I like Frank but he is so short of confidence.
If only he could score a goal tonight.

Still a tight close game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:28 - Nov 9 with 1139 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:25 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Back four ok
Midfield ok

Up the U's

I'm not sure if you're not actually replying to me or missing my point completely.

I have no problem with the team tonight, my issue was with the talkSPORT commentator.

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:36 - Nov 9 with 1127 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:25 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Back four ok
Midfield ok

Up the U's

Yep still fairly cagey Durham.
I see a couple of our old boys have scored tonight!

Moor Pinot

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:38 - Nov 9 with 1124 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:28 - Nov 9 by RSCOSWORTH

I'm not sure if you're not actually replying to me or missing my point completely.

I have no problem with the team tonight, my issue was with the talkSPORT commentator.

Sorry RS I am not listening to Talksport but watching the ifollow coverage with the BBC Essex commentary team

What have Talksport been saying?

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:42 - Nov 9 with 1120 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:38 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Sorry RS I am not listening to Talksport but watching the ifollow coverage with the BBC Essex commentary team

No worries durham, thrillseeker said about it above.

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:46 - Nov 9 with 1112 viewsthrillseeker

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:38 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Talksport 2 have been disappointing with their commentary.

Many incorrect facts, and mispronunciation of names

They stated Nouble, Hannett and Kennedy had a combined season of zero goals. Although correct it is harsh as Hannett and especially Kennedy have hardly played. I think this comment has stirred up RSC
Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:56 - Nov 9 with 1105 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:46 - Nov 9 by thrillseeker

Talksport 2 have been disappointing with their commentary.

Many incorrect facts, and mispronunciation of names

They stated Nouble, Hannett and Kennedy had a combined season of zero goals. Although correct it is harsh as Hannett and especially Kennedy have hardly played. I think this comment has stirred up RSC

Thanks for the clarification TS

I reckon we can win this in the 90 mins

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:58 - Nov 9 with 1104 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:56 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Thanks for the clarification TS

I reckon we can win this in the 90 mins

Up the U's

Attendance 8,100

About 500 of the Faithful

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:01 - Nov 9 with 1103 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 20:36 - Nov 9 by Moor_Pinot

Yep still fairly cagey Durham.
I see a couple of our old boys have scored tonight!

Pinault our old boys are normally on the score sheet.

Hopefully not Vincent-Young tonight though!

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:02 - Nov 9 with 1101 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:01 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Pinault our old boys are normally on the score sheet.

Hopefully not Vincent-Young tonight though!

Sears unlucky then

Keeper got away with one

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:06 - Nov 9 with 1091 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:02 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Sears unlucky then

Keeper got away with one

Am I allowed to say that our Physio is rather easier on the eye these days.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:13 - Nov 9 with 1082 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:06 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Am I allowed to say that our Physio is rather easier on the eye these days.

Up the U's

Junior off

MWH on

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:20 - Nov 9 with 1074 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:13 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Junior off

MWH on

Time to take Big Frank off and bring McCoulsky on

Come on

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:27 - Nov 9 with 1064 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:20 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Time to take Big Frank off and bring McCoulsky on

Come on

Hannant is actually having a good game tonight.

But change it up now Frank off and McClousky on

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:37 - Nov 9 with 1058 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:27 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Hannant is actually having a good game tonight.

But change it up now Frank off and McClousky on

Hopefully Solihull will not allow Coxe to play against them in the Cup!!!!!!!!!

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:40 - Nov 9 with 1052 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:37 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Hopefully Solihull will not allow Coxe to play against them in the Cup!!!!!!!!!

So who will take the penalties

Sears
Nouble
Hannant
Chilvers
Wiredu

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:46 - Nov 9 with 1042 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:40 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

So who will take the penalties

Sears
Nouble
Hannant
Chilvers
Wiredu

Dear me

Turner great save then Sears messes up

Come on The U's

1-1

Durham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:47 - Nov 9 with 1041 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to defeat the old enemy at Poorman Road tonight! on 21:46 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Dear me

Turner great save then Sears messes up

Come on The U's

1-1

2-2

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024