Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight 17:58 - Oct 2 with 586 viewsdurham_exile

So Mr Di Canio tonight with his Swindon Town charges. Another tough game, made tougher by Di Canio’s call to his squad to prepare for Colchester’s visit just like they prepared for Stoke.

A wise warning because JD has struck early in his managerial career and with three very shrewd signings the U’s already look an entirely different prospect.

Mark Cousins dislocated finger was put back by Tony Flynn on saturday and he appears to be showing no ill effects.

Therefore we can expect the same team this evening and with a 4-3-3 formation:

Cousins

Wilson Magnus Eastman Rose

Eastmond Bean Woody

Watt Ibehre Massey

Subs:

Pentney, Sears, Morrison, White, Heath, Henderson and Izzet

Now Di Canio is at the very least mercurial to put it mildly and we can expect histrionics on the sidelines tonight.

Wessex I am looking forward to a match report.

The optimism is flowing through the veins and I expect great things from Colchester under JD and MK.

What was particularly apparent on Saturday was the way that certain other players responded to the new lads, in particular Woody and Rose who both upped their game.

Let’s hope for a positive result to close the gap on the chasing pack.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight on 21:42 - Oct 2 with 564 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Nice one Rose!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight on 21:47 - Oct 2 with 561 viewsDaniel

Excellent result. I would have been happy with a point, but all 3 and a cleansheet is fantastic. Hope Wessex was there.
Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight on 21:59 - Oct 2 with 554 viewsdurham_exile

Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight on 21:47 - Oct 2 by Daniel

Excellent result. I would have been happy with a point, but all 3 and a cleansheet is fantastic. Hope Wessex was there.

And now you're gonna believe us, the U's are going up ------------- the league and double quick.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight on 23:28 - Oct 2 with 539 viewswessex_exile

Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight on 21:47 - Oct 2 by Daniel

I was Daniel, and it was flipping brilliant - not a dig at John Ward, but I haven't seen the U's play with that much determination for too long. We didn't give them a chance on the ball, stiffled their passing game so much that pretty soon they'd resorted to the big hoof, and we mopped them up all night. Bean was fantastic, so was Jabo, Sears looked hungry when he came on, in fact it was all-round an excellent team performance - and the U's fans that made the trip (probably not many more than 100 or so) were in good voice throughout. The result was nothing less than we deserved, and how sweet was it that Rose scored the winner bending it around the inside corner of what must have been a poorly placed wall to beat the keeper at his near post. The team are clearly under orders to play it out from the back, which caused a few scary moments at times, particularly when Magnus had the ball at his feet, and watching Wilson's mental anguish second half when he couldn't work out which foot to use was funny in an "oh my god, just belt it son" way, but you have to applaud Joe's intent that the U's will play the right way...

...Yeovil here we come

Oh, and Di Canio is a tempermental prize cock...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight on 23:53 - Oct 2 with 530 viewspwrightsknees

Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight on 23:28 - Oct 2 by wessex_exile

I was Daniel, and it was flipping brilliant - not a dig at John Ward, but I haven't seen the U's play with that much determination for too long. We didn't give them a chance on the ball, stiffled their passing game so much that pretty soon they'd resorted to the big hoof, and we mopped them up all night. Bean was fantastic, so was Jabo, Sears looked hungry when he came on, in fact it was all-round an excellent team performance - and the U's fans that made the trip (probably not many more than 100 or so) were in good voice throughout. The result was nothing less than we deserved, and how sweet was it that Rose scored the winner bending it around the inside corner of what must have been a poorly placed wall to beat the keeper at his near post. The team are clearly under orders to play it out from the back, which caused a few scary moments at times, particularly when Magnus had the ball at his feet, and watching Wilson's mental anguish second half when he couldn't work out which foot to use was funny in an "oh my god, just belt it son" way, but you have to applaud Joe's intent that the U's will play the right way...

...Yeovil here we come

Oh, and Di Canio is a tempermental prize cock...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

That's great to hear, Daniel. In the heady days of our promotion and first Championship season, we inflicted ourselves on teams and got down their throats. We chased everything down with a good deal of success.
And we mixed our play during a game. We pass the ball about, then, when it suited, play down the channels or play it wide, and we weren't afraid to play a few long balls either.
One, or rather two, swallows don't make a summer, but the signs are good that we can become a force to be reckoned with in this Division.
UP TH U'S !!!
Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight on 23:54 - Oct 2 with 530 viewsmrhappy

Super result - sounds like they are trying to play with some bottle.

Im also cock a hoop - after having a princely sum on beating forest on sunday against the odds !

a good double ! x

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight on 20:24 - Oct 3 with 484 viewsBaldrick

Di Canio's Robins to have wings clipped at County Ground tonight on 23:54 - Oct 2 by mrhappy

Super result - sounds like they are trying to play with some bottle.

Im also cock a hoop - after having a princely sum on beating forest on sunday against the odds !

a good double ! x

Hat off to Joe !! why o why was was our club left to rot for so long !! If I hear anymore trap how It was all down to Mr Ward how he had lined up three more loanees heaven forbid. Joe has turned this team around from a boring negative I wont say Sunday pub team as there are some good Sunday teams about. The guy on the Football league show said how Mr Ward was a lovely guy and what he had done etc Yes he may have been a great friendly guy but his time was up months ago !
2 out of two wins now for Joe, so what is that three wins out of the last 23 or 24 games ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024