Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cherries next up at WHCS 08:09 - Mar 29 with 604 viewsdurham_exile

Happy Easter to all Colchester United supporters.

JD and his charges entertain the Cherries at WHCS on Good Friday. Now in recent times we have held the Indian sign over Bournemouth and I see no reason why this cannot continue today.

Whilst not forgetting about the respective league positions for one moment, there is pressure on both teams to secure the three points and Colchester have demonstrated over the recent games that they are both committed to and good enough to avoid the drop. Eddie Howe has worked wonders since returning from his ill considered Turf Moor sojourn and he knows that this is the business end of the season. It should mean an entertaining game on a potentially difficult surface after the recent cold spell.

JD will still be missing Freddie Sears and Tom Eastman whilst George Porter starts to serve his three match suspension for the red card at Bury.

Whilst the loan window saw no new faces arrive, we have loaned Alex Gilbey to Newport County and Tom Bender has been snapped up by the Lions on a one year deal.

John Joe O’Toole has returned from the Gas and I hope that he will make an appearance for the U’s before the end of the season. He will be match fit having played regularly for JW at Bristol Rovers.

JD however is boosted by the return of Jabo Ibehre who will be raring to go today. I suspect that Clinton Morrison (the fan’s favourite) will drop to the bench and that Michael Smith and Gavin Massey will play alongside the big man.

The tigerish Kem Izzet will also make a timely return in the centre of the park.

Line up is therefore likely to be:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Thompson Garmston

Bond Clifford Izzet

Massey Ibehre Smith

Subs:

Cousins White Heath Bean Morrison Hewitt Wright (Drey)

The Cherries are rumoured to be bringing around 1500 supporters and so there should be a good holiday atmosphere at the WHCS.

Now the last televised U’s game was the win against the Cherries after which Howe departed to Lancashire. I am disappointed that we have not featured this season “on the box”. This must be sorted out next season. Perhaps a good cup run might generate some interest!

Three more wins are still needed to secure survival; the Cherries are ripe for picking today.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 08:41 - Mar 29 with 592 viewsnoah4x4

Hi Durham;
Clinton Morrison the "Fans favourite"?
"Hoping J J O'Toole features"?

I am not convinced that a majority of regular fans at WHCS would support this, and since we have a (friendly) difference of opinion as regards these two players; let's perhaps open this debate to others?

I must ackowledge that in the last couple of excusions on the road; Morrison has put in a decent performance; indeed was excellent at Bury. However at WHCS he has had little impact; scored no goals, and wants to adopt a free role that doesn't ever seem to construct anything positive.

J J O'Toole was once a favourite of mine. However, he lost his way (injuries etc), and was awful at the end of 2011-12 season in last years Essex Senior Cup and reserve games. His performances in the 2012-13 under 21/reserves (as an over age player) suggested "bite" but not "guile". I am not sure J.J. fits within Joe Dunne's more elegant passing style. However, when our backs are to the wall (as now) can do a job in games like today where the opposition will be strong. But I wouldn't play him where we expect to win. No flair.

Views folks?
Cherries next up at WHCS on 11:02 - Mar 29 with 579 viewsdurham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 08:41 - Mar 29 by noah4x4

Hi Durham;
Clinton Morrison the "Fans favourite"?
"Hoping J J O'Toole features"?

I am not convinced that a majority of regular fans at WHCS would support this, and since we have a (friendly) difference of opinion as regards these two players; let's perhaps open this debate to others?

I must ackowledge that in the last couple of excusions on the road; Morrison has put in a decent performance; indeed was excellent at Bury. However at WHCS he has had little impact; scored no goals, and wants to adopt a free role that doesn't ever seem to construct anything positive.

J J O'Toole was once a favourite of mine. However, he lost his way (injuries etc), and was awful at the end of 2011-12 season in last years Essex Senior Cup and reserve games. His performances in the 2012-13 under 21/reserves (as an over age player) suggested "bite" but not "guile". I am not sure J.J. fits within Joe Dunne's more elegant passing style. However, when our backs are to the wall (as now) can do a job in games like today where the opposition will be strong. But I wouldn't play him where we expect to win. No flair.

Views folks?

Hi Noah - hope you enjoy the game today.

I am a Clinton Morrison and JJ O'Toole fan, but you will note that I have not suggested either will start or even play a small part today.

Clinton in fairness rose to the challenge with Jabo sidelined and put in a tremendous performance, particularly at the Ricoh Arena.

I believe he also claimed the goal in the 1-1 home draw with the Blades.

Anyway whatever our views, we both want a U's victory today and to see JD and his team survive the dreaded "r" word.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 12:23 - Mar 29 with 572 viewswessex_exile

Morrison and O'Toole

As far as Morrison is concerned, you can't fault how he has risen to the occasion in the last few games, and believe JD when he stresses just how important a role he has in the dressing room as well - but - for a player of his ability he's underperformed for the U's, so I'd like to see him stay another season to really show us what he can do.

O'Toole - over-rated in my opinion, plays with plenty of gusto, but not enough guile, ability and vision - give me Izzet anyday. A squad player at best, and can we really afford too many of them on the payroll?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Cherries next up at WHCS on 15:23 - Mar 29 with 559 viewsburnsieespana

O'Toole at Bristol Rovers today! Morrison starts game with Jabo so a new combination as Smith drops to subs bench.
Me, I am a Morrison fan but not a O'Toole fan.
Come on you blues let us get at least one point today!
Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:27 - Mar 29 with 548 viewsdurham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 15:23 - Mar 29 by burnsieespana

O'Toole at Bristol Rovers today! Morrison starts game with Jabo so a new combination as Smith drops to subs bench.
Me, I am a Morrison fan but not a O'Toole fan.
Come on you blues let us get at least one point today!

We truly have had a shocking season for injuries. Bradley Garmston now injured and being substituted by Johnny White (hope it is not tto serious).

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:31 - Mar 29 with 545 viewsdurham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:27 - Mar 29 by durham_exile

We truly have had a shocking season for injuries. Bradley Garmston now injured and being substituted by Johnny White (hope it is not tto serious).

Up the U's

JD needs a more attacking substitution - Michael Smith is the obvious choice but don't forget about Hewitt!

Up the U's

Even a point would be massive today.

Can Lisbie score another for Orient at Scunny?

Durham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:36 - Mar 29 with 544 viewsdurham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:31 - Mar 29 by durham_exile

JD needs a more attacking substitution - Michael Smith is the obvious choice but don't forget about Hewitt!

Up the U's

Even a point would be massive today.

Can Lisbie score another for Orient at Scunny?

Swindon rolling over at home to Oldham - unbelievable!

Scunny still lead against toothless Orient

Double substitution for the U's

Drey Wright and Michael Smith for Compton and Morrison
Up the U's

We are still in it - come on

Durham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:38 - Mar 29 with 542 viewsgerry_us

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:36 - Mar 29 by durham_exile

Up the U's

All a bit twitchy Durham
Login to get fewer ads

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:39 - Mar 29 with 542 viewsdurham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:36 - Mar 29 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Swindon equalise - come on the U's

Durham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:47 - Mar 29 with 539 viewsdurham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:39 - Mar 29 by durham_exile

Swindon equalise - come on the U's

Gerry - 6 mins to go Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:52 - Mar 29 with 535 viewsgerry_us

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:47 - Mar 29 by durham_exile

Gerry - 6 mins to go Come on the U's

Monday is looking rather important now Pete!
Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:55 - Mar 29 with 534 viewsdurham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:52 - Mar 29 by gerry_us

Monday is looking rather important now Pete!

6 mins of added time

Monday is absolutely vital Gerry

Durham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:57 - Mar 29 with 531 viewsdurham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:55 - Mar 29 by durham_exile

6 mins of added time

Monday is absolutely vital Gerry

still 3 mins - come on the U's

Durham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 17:01 - Mar 29 with 530 viewsdurham_exile

Cherries next up at WHCS on 16:57 - Mar 29 by durham_exile

still 3 mins - come on the U's