Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance 11:44 - Nov 9 with 600 viewsdurham_exile

The magic of the FA Cup arrives at the Weston Homes Community Stadium today and a mouth watering tie with Nigel Clough’s Blades.

Now earlier in the season JD saw his team secure a more than creditable draw against the pre-season fancied Steel City team. In fact had it not been for a howler from Sam we would have taken all three points. Gerry was not happy after that mistake.

In fairness big Sam, is he really 7 feet tall! has more than redeemed himself with a string of brilliant saves.

Now after JD’s emotional outburst at the end of the game at the New York stadium last Saturday (and wasn’t it fantastic to secure such a dramatic equaliser) he will be denied more players today because their permanent clubs do not wish to have them cup tied.

So no Jeffrey Monakana, Elliot Lee and Cian Bolger this week.

But in some ways that plays nicely into JD’s hands because he can use a mix of youth and experience against the blunted Blades.

I think something along these lines, in a 4,3,1,2 formation:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Eastman Garbutt

Eastmond Bean Gilbey

Morrison

Bonne Szmodics

Subs:

Cousins, Olufemi, Vose, Dickson, Bond, Sanderson, Hubble

Still out are:

Ibehre, Sears, Wright Drey, Wright David, Thompson, Watt

We know that three of the more senior players are close to a return but I’m waiting to see Sanchez Watt back reunited with his mate Craig Eastmond. There are no finer players in midfield than these two in league one.

Bolger was criticised last week and Monakana has a week to reflect on his work performance. He cannot play against PNE anyway.

It is a pity for young Lee because that goal would have given him tremendous confidence.

I would love to see Clinton Morrison on the score sheet today, his efforts were superb last week.

Controversially the East Stand is closed and with the Blades bringing 600, we need the U’s faithful to get behind the team.

Enjoy the game and trust that we will be in the hat for Round 2 at 4.50pm.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 15:48 - Nov 9 with 564 viewsgerry_us

Going well Durham!

Looks like my concerns about Walker continue.....o.g?
Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 15:56 - Nov 9 with 562 viewsBarsidepete

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 15:48 - Nov 9 by gerry_us

Going well Durham!

Looks like my concerns about Walker continue.....o.g?

Same olde story. The U's washed out of the FA Cup. Listening from across the pond. How typical. Back to focus on the league @:/

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 16:10 - Nov 9 with 559 viewsgerry_us

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 15:56 - Nov 9 by Barsidepete

Same olde story. The U's washed out of the FA Cup. Listening from across the pond. How typical. Back to focus on the league @:/

Not just yet
Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 16:23 - Nov 9 with 554 viewsBarsidepete

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 16:10 - Nov 9 by gerry_us

Not just yet

Luuuuuuke!!

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 16:24 - Nov 9 with 552 viewsgerry_us

More good news Pete, 2-2
Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 16:25 - Nov 9 with 549 viewsBarsidepete

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 16:24 - Nov 9 by gerry_us

More good news Pete, 2-2

Back from the dead. And the youngsters doing it *separate thread to come .. wow, great save by Walker!

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 16:40 - Nov 9 with 545 viewsBarsidepete

Magnus could not get out of the way. How harsh, just cruel the penalty.

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 17:02 - Nov 9 with 540 viewsgerry_us

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 16:40 - Nov 9 by Barsidepete

Magnus could not get out of the way. How harsh, just cruel the penalty.

That's the way it goes when you are having a bad run. Sounded like an encouraging display second half though and hopefully we will keep the same guys in next week instead of filling the team with the loanees. We need to give the opportunity weekly to the up and coming local players.
Over and out Pete. Enjoy the rest of your day
Login to get fewer ads

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 17:10 - Nov 9 with 537 viewsBarsidepete

Razor sharp U's to blunt Blades with steely performance on 17:02 - Nov 9 by gerry_us

That's the way it goes when you are having a bad run. Sounded like an encouraging display second half though and hopefully we will keep the same guys in next week instead of filling the team with the loanees. We need to give the opportunity weekly to the up and coming local players.
Over and out Pete. Enjoy the rest of your day

Take it easy, Gerry. All factors being equal, that was a great one to listen to, although ultimately painful.. I think the U's will be just fine for the remainder.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024