Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? 15:08 - Feb 16 with 4127 viewshbk4894

for me a couple of years ago when Sam Ricketts headed the ball into his own net vs Blackburn after a long ball by one of their players.
What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 15:14 - Feb 16 with 3376 viewsR17ALE

This always raises a smile!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 15:41 - Feb 16 with 3332 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good one at Goodison this very afternoon.......oh, Mr Taylor
What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 16:04 - Feb 16 with 3288 viewsboromat

Got to be the Lance Key moment!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 17:36 - Feb 16 with 3204 views_dezzy

The bury pitch invasion end of the season,

Yeah we are up

oops no we're not

ps cant find the video

KHBA

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 17:47 - Feb 16 with 3182 viewsroccydaleian

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 17:36 - Feb 16 by _dezzy

The bury pitch invasion end of the season,

Yeah we are up

oops no we're not

ps cant find the video

This the one Dezzy?
What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 17:51 - Feb 16 with 3170 views_dezzy

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 17:47 - Feb 16 by roccydaleian

This the one Dezzy?

KHBA

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 17:53 - Feb 16 with 3163 viewsblackpoolcol

Turley missing his kick in the Sandy End during the play off semi vs Rushden and the ball trickling in

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 17:55 - Feb 16 with 3154 viewsdale1968

Not Seen but this has to be the ultimate miss Ever..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Login to get fewer ads

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 17:58 - Feb 16 with 3143 viewsSuddenLad

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 17:55 - Feb 16 by dale1968

Not Seen but this has to be the ultimate miss Ever..

The famous Ronnie Rosenthal miss takes some beating.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 18:08 - Feb 16 with 3107 views442Dale

There was a good one in the Hartlepool-Newport match yesterday. Two Newport players go for the same header, head it onto another teammate's head and it flies into the net for an OG.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 18:33 - Feb 16 with 3054 viewselectricblue

Everything matt dickens didnt do against wigan away......
Or
The gareth grey incident against gretna.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 19:02 - Feb 16 with 3004 viewspnc4eva1

Andy Farrell against Mansfield.

He let the ball bounce, completely missed it as it bounced over his head. Mansfield forward went clean through and scored.

We lost 1 - 0

Also remember in the same season Jimmy Cricket's half time entertainment. Now that was a howler

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 20:57 - Feb 16 with 2924 viewsMass_Debater

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 19:02 - Feb 16 by pnc4eva1

Andy Farrell against Mansfield.

He let the ball bounce, completely missed it as it bounced over his head. Mansfield forward went clean through and scored.

We lost 1 - 0

Also remember in the same season Jimmy Cricket's half time entertainment. Now that was a howler

At least Cricket's entertainment wasn't like an episode of Taggart.
What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 10:03 - Feb 17 with 2759 viewsParkinsGimp

What about Gareth Griffiths "Brucie Bonus" against Carlisle sometime ago LOL
think it was in the Sandy running back towards goal , he seemed to stop to either head it or knee it but think it hit his chest.Ended up like a Bruce Forsyth sillouette.
What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 12:55 - Feb 17 with 2708 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Currently on the books of St. Johnstone.

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 14:53 - Feb 17 with 2659 viewsAtThePeake

This sticks out just because I'm pretty sure Nigeria would have gone through to the knockout stages if Yakubu had buried that.

Neil Mellor's miss for Preston and Deepdale in our relegation season takes some beating as well.

Tangled up in blue.

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 03:45 - Feb 18 with 2546 viewsDiddyDave

Definitely Garry Sprake`s own goal for Leeds against Liverpool right in front of the Kop in the sixties. He had the in ball in his hand and went to throw it out to one of his team mates,but the ball stuck in his glove with all the mud on it and as his arm came down it fell free and rolled behind him into the empty net. Leeds lost 2-0 and needless to say,he got heaps every time Leeds played away after that,though that was a little hard as he was a bloody good keeper. Just one of those things.
What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 06:39 - Feb 18 with 2519 viewsJumeirahDale

Not sure if the OP is referring to "seen at a match" as in actually being there?

If yes, the award has to go to Billy Turley for that goal at the Sandy Lane end in the 2002 Playoffs (another team to be punished with footballing oblivion after beating us in a playoffs match - Gillingham had better watch out).

If you're including any howler, Chris Brass wins every time. Either that or my mate Danny Thompson at school, who sliced a volleyed clearance over his own goalkeeper from the edge of the penalty area. Oggy oggy oggy!
What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 08:10 - Feb 18 with 2503 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Stanton at MK Dons away.

First game post Parkin?
What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 08:26 - Feb 18 with 2495 viewsLondondale

This takes some beating from Rocky Baptiste:

CoG v Bury? Never seen a reply of that but I couldn't believe that hadn't gone in when I saw it live - probably the worst miss I've seen in a game.

Billy Turley's was the first thing that came to mind.

My personal faves are actually the Yakubu one and the Iwelumo one for sheer hilarity.
What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 08:54 - Feb 18 with 2482 viewspnc4eva1

this is a howler for a different howling reason

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 09:53 - Feb 18 with 2456 viewsParkinsGimp

Anyone remember Tony Browns header away at Mansfield. It was a classic strong header , down into the ground then smashed up into the roof of the net, our keeper never stood a chance .
But did he score at the other end as well?
What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 10:54 - Feb 18 with 2417 viewsTVOS1907

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 09:53 - Feb 18 by ParkinsGimp

Anyone remember Tony Browns header away at Mansfield. It was a classic strong header , down into the ground then smashed up into the roof of the net, our keeper never stood a chance .
But did he score at the other end as well?

Brown's only game for Dale at Mansfield was on the final day of the 91/92 season when Stant and Stringfellow scored for The Stags.

He scored an own goal at Southend in April 1990 and at home to Scarborough in February 1992, both with fine shots that left Keith Welch and Kevin Rose rooted to the spot.

You're probably thinking of another one from his repertoire or someone else.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 11:08 - Feb 18 with 2405 viewsSalwaDale

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 10:54 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

Brown's only game for Dale at Mansfield was on the final day of the 91/92 season when Stant and Stringfellow scored for The Stags.

He scored an own goal at Southend in April 1990 and at home to Scarborough in February 1992, both with fine shots that left Keith Welch and Kevin Rose rooted to the spot.

You're probably thinking of another one from his repertoire or someone else.

I have a hazy recollection of him scoring for both teams in one match too? TVOS - did that ever happen?

TBBT

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 11:23 - Feb 18 with 2397 viewsTVOS1907

What is the worst howler you have seen at a match? on 11:08 - Feb 18 by SalwaDale

I have a hazy recollection of him scoring for both teams in one match too? TVOS - did that ever happen?

No, he never actually scored for Dale in 114 league and cup appearances.

In fact, he's probably one of the few ex-Dale players to have scored more goals against us than for us!

I recall him netting for Scunthorpe when we were thrashed 4-0 there in March 1989, as well as the minimum of two own goals mentioned above.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024