Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... 19:14 - Mar 31 with 9029 viewsJackfath

You're the manager.
Where would you wish to strengthen the squad?
Which players who you've seen first hand this season would you like to sign for us?
Any other realistic targets you think would add to the squad?
Who would you let go?

For me, I'd like to sign Bolasi, he had another good game Saturday and I was impressed with his performance. Also Barkley from Everton.

I think those two have been the best I've seen down here this season so far, although I may have forgotten some other performances.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 19:14 - Mar 31 with 4017 viewsDr_Winston

Right back, left wing, striker.

Maybe GK too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 19:21 - Mar 31 with 3982 viewsCooperman

Right back
Left wing
Ki for another chance under someone other than ML
Striker

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 19:28 - Mar 31 with 3966 viewsDrizzy

There is absolutely no chance of signing Ross Barkley.

Right back, deep lying midfielder (or Ki), winger who can use his left foot, a striker not named Alvaro Vazquez and de Guzman.

I'd be very tempted to look at centre backs too.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2014 19:29]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 19:41 - Mar 31 with 3898 viewsWatchman

Goalkeeper
Centre Half
An utter dog bastud of a midfield player
Left Winger
Right Winger
Forward

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 19:42 - Mar 31 with 3894 viewsDyfnant

Clearly need a right back that can share a season with Rangel.
Left winger in the Dyer mould.
A striker that offers a genuine option, an injury to Bony would've left us rock bottom and he'll have the ACON next January

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 19:45 - Mar 31 with 3885 viewslibertine

Borini was good for us before, why didn't Brendan lend him to us, i thought he wanted a Liverpool Swansea relationship like that of the past?

Ki does seem to be doing well under a different manager why didn't ML believe him when he said he wanted to go back home for physio?

Cauker when Cardif drop

Kabul from spurs, he won't stay there.

Snodrich when they go down

Tim sherwood
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 19:49 - Mar 31 with 3870 viewsMrSwerve

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 19:14 - Mar 31 by Dr_Winston

Right back, left wing, striker.

Maybe GK too.

Voice of reason as always.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 19:55 - Mar 31 with 3848 viewsDaithejack

Ki back and try and sign Deguzman, good back up striker to Bony, Borini would be good because he can play wide too, winger and a right back and we would be sorted, comfortably top half no worries.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 20:02 - Mar 31 with 3808 viewsC_jack

I've been wanting Sessegnon here for eons.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 20:04 - Mar 31 with 3800 viewspencoedjack

Victor Moses so he can achieve his potential (not sure about his wages)

A right back

A decent back up striker ..... I pray Bony has a shit WC,as I think we might have the big boys sniffing if he does.

I agree with Jackfath (a first) about Bolasi.

I will be greedy & if I was Huw, I would appoint a new manager (DOF ?) with good European scouts who grooms Monk to be a future number 1.
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 20:12 - Mar 31 with 3767 viewsChief

I've only included realistic targets:
- a young GK (Alex Mccarthy / Bond at Watford)
- a young CB (Maguire of Sheff Utd - I know hes league 1 but hes only 20 and has played about 200 games.
-a really good right back - love rangel but hes not getting any younger.
- a young CM (Jonathan Williams - I know hes highly rated and wont be cheap, but hes not exactly a pulis type player is he? hence why hes out on loan.
- a young striker with a record from scoring in this country (the Donnelly experiment isn't really working, maybe the guy whos banging them in for Coventry)
- a striker on loan from 1 of the big prem clubs to provide competition for Bony or provide a viable different option (Borini / Kane etc).
-Sign Lamah permanently (he doesn't seem to mind being 4th choice and having sporadic appearances.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 20:21 - Mar 31 with 3740 viewsMrSwerve

Regarding the OP, we've got no chance at Barkley. If he isn't at a top 3 club within two years i'll change my username to kiisgod.

Borini would be a fantastic option.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 21:02 - Mar 31 with 3634 viewsBYMJacks

Goalkeeper David Marshall or Alex McCarthy
Right Back Elmohamedy from hull
Winger montero
Ki back and try to sign De Guzman
Striker Borini on loan
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 21:08 - Mar 31 with 3621 viewsDrizzy

We have a funny fetish for certain players don't we? Some are still sp*nking their pants over Jefferson Montero's 75 minutes at the Liberty in a pre-season friendly a couple f*cking years ago. Seems as if we could be playing Champions League football and some would still opt for a "cheeky" loan bid for Borini to solve our forward problems. Caulker as well f*ck me. I was on the Caulker Kool-Aid for a while believe me but after watching him play I've changed my mind. A few headers this year doesn't mean he's suddenly morphed in Franz Beckenbauer. He was quality on loan a couple years ago but he's regressed since then. A complete donkey with the ball at his feet.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 21:58 - Mar 31 with 3536 viewsblaine_scfc

Right Back - Maybe Phil Bardsley if Sunderland go down, he would suit our play, but his attitude has been questioned in the past.

Centre Half - Competition for ash and chico, maybe Bartley could do that without signing anyone though

One or two wingers, one left footed.

Back up for Bony. Someone with genuine pace if possible.
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:16 - Mar 31 with 3465 viewsLiam12345

GK
RB
ST

maybe a winger

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:16 - Mar 31 with 3468 viewsDyfnant

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 21:58 - Mar 31 by blaine_scfc

Right Back - Maybe Phil Bardsley if Sunderland go down, he would suit our play, but his attitude has been questioned in the past.

Centre Half - Competition for ash and chico, maybe Bartley could do that without signing anyone though

One or two wingers, one left footed.

Back up for Bony. Someone with genuine pace if possible.

Amat's quality backup

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:18 - Mar 31 with 3457 viewscaerleon_jack

A young RB but don't know who.

Think CB is fine providing Ash stays and Bartley can get in a decent preseason and stay fit.

Wing - someone who can cross a bloody ball. Love Dyer and Routledge for their pace, but if we could get someone to plant the ball on Wilf's head time after time.

Midfield depends on Ki and JdG. Said it before, I'll say it again - Holtby if available. Would also see if we can follow up our interest in Jack Cork over the summer. Seen today that Southampton owe £27m in transfer fees, maybe there's a deal to be done there to offset that debt.

Two strikers who haven't exactly set the PL on fire but I think would flourish in our system: Campbell from the Scum or Ricky van Dogsdick from Narwich. He's struggled this season, but he's had such rubbish service. Excellent record in Holland and Portugal, will probably want a fresh start.

Insert something witty here

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:23 - Mar 31 with 3429 viewsLiam12345

we could probabbly get barkley for 12m but that would be all we would sign so not going t happen and we don't need a CAM we have 2 back up CB lamah would be a nice signing and those in the position i mentioned above

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:33 - Mar 31 with 3405 viewsDr_Winston

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:16 - Mar 31 by Dyfnant

Amat's quality backup

Amat, Chico, Ash and Bartley will be fine at CB with a bit more organisational coaching. I'm on record as a Bartley fan and think he's still got a hell of a lot of potential. Definitely got the makings of another Ash if brought on properly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:35 - Mar 31 with 3393 viewsMrSwerve

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:23 - Mar 31 by Liam12345

we could probabbly get barkley for 12m but that would be all we would sign so not going t happen and we don't need a CAM we have 2 back up CB lamah would be a nice signing and those in the position i mentioned above

No way would we get Bartley for 12m. I'd be amazed it Everton accepted anything lower than £20-25m.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:37 - Mar 31 with 3381 viewsAl_Bundy

RB

Left sided midfielder not Lamah

quality back up striker

also get Pablo a gym membership
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:38 - Mar 31 with 3376 viewsDr_Winston

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:35 - Mar 31 by MrSwerve

No way would we get Bartley for 12m. I'd be amazed it Everton accepted anything lower than £20-25m.

Absolutely. Probably more than £30m given the hype and his nationality.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:43 - Mar 31 with 3348 viewspencoedjack

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:18 - Mar 31 by caerleon_jack

A young RB but don't know who.

Think CB is fine providing Ash stays and Bartley can get in a decent preseason and stay fit.

Wing - someone who can cross a bloody ball. Love Dyer and Routledge for their pace, but if we could get someone to plant the ball on Wilf's head time after time.

Midfield depends on Ki and JdG. Said it before, I'll say it again - Holtby if available. Would also see if we can follow up our interest in Jack Cork over the summer. Seen today that Southampton owe £27m in transfer fees, maybe there's a deal to be done there to offset that debt.

Two strikers who haven't exactly set the PL on fire but I think would flourish in our system: Campbell from the Scum or Ricky van Dogsdick from Narwich. He's struggled this season, but he's had such rubbish service. Excellent record in Holland and Portugal, will probably want a fresh start.

Agree with nearly all of that especially Ricky Van Dogsdick .....

Let down by Campbell he is dogshit .... back to his level next season in the Championship.

Wouldn't mind Marshall from the Basseys.
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 23:16 - Mar 31 with 3265 viewscaerleon_jack

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 22:43 - Mar 31 by pencoedjack

Agree with nearly all of that especially Ricky Van Dogsdick .....

Let down by Campbell he is dogshit .... back to his level next season in the Championship.

Wouldn't mind Marshall from the Basseys.

Think Campbell is a great first choice striker for a champo side, or a decent back up for a PL side. Did alright for Sunderland whilst there and has a lot of pace. Wouldn't rely on him week in week out, but as back up to Wilf I think he'd be alright.

Maybe Berahino if the Baggies go down. Young and pacy, can also be put on the wing.

Insert something witty here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024