Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fixing 00:16 - Apr 4 with 12327 viewsDaleFan7

Seems, Cummins may have been one of the naughty ones...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2596135/Seven-Football-League-
Match Fixing on 00:38 - Apr 4 with 7147 viewsYorkshire_Dale

IF found guilty, we MUST wash our hands of Cummins....no future at San Spotty that's a cert.

.....notice a couple of names with gigg connections?
Match Fixing on 00:47 - Apr 4 with 7131 viewsDaley_Lama

No Cummins for us on Saturday if this is correct
No Ben Davies for York on Saturday if this is correct.

Funny how the name Ben Davies pops up when we are in the position to win League 2.

As pointed out by a sorted Bury fan, Buchanan/Shrewsbury playoff? Send him down already.

Poll: DF in or out

Match Fixing on 00:53 - Apr 4 with 7117 viewsRotherhamDale

Goodbye football league career.

Possession with progression.

Match Fixing on 02:16 - Apr 4 with 7072 viewsolympicdale

I'm not sure names should have been published while they havent been proven guilty of anything, if it is indeed true though, he should be sent right back to Deepdale, no place for cheaters at the Dale.

Life is a game of fate.

Match Fixing on 06:09 - Apr 4 with 6995 viewsColDale

From a Dale point of view, it's not good to see one of ours involved, albeit a loann player. The number of PNE players involved makes it pretty much clear that the allegation surrounds something before GC joined us, and it does need saying that since coming to Dale, he has not picked up a single booking.

Whether he should continue to be a part of the first team squad for the remainder of the season comes down to Hilly and how he views GC's head. He's down the pecking order anyway at the moment, and I suppose this makes him a target for opposition players and supporters now who'll be in his ear from the first moment. He shouldn't be binned off merely on the back of being named in the Daily Mail but the manager should make the right judgement call for the club, and I'm sure he will do.

Sad to see Buchanan listed too. As a Rochdale lad, he's been very involved in the local community down at Oulder Hill, turning up all their events, speaking at awards nights and working with their football teams. Seems a decent bloke.

Unfortunately for all involved, the precedent of the Pakistani crickets might well see them earn some time behind bars. In the grand scheme of things, what the cricketers did was fairly trivial and very little impact on the overall outcome of the game. If there's any truth in the allegations, I'd be surprised if it was anything beyond something fairly trivial to the outcome of the game and it will be a million miles from match fixing.

Matt Le Tissier admitted in is auto biog that his Soton team would boot the ball out from the kick off to win on the spot fixing, but there was more naivety in those days about this sort of thing and it was almost classed as being a laugh rather than anything malicious.

in the long term, the Football League have some serious consideration to make regarding their own position and how they cosy up to betting companies, and what education is needed to stop young lads throwing their careers away for a moment of madness.
Match Fixing on 07:33 - Apr 4 with 6893 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fixing on 06:09 - Apr 4 by ColDale

From a Dale point of view, it's not good to see one of ours involved, albeit a loann player. The number of PNE players involved makes it pretty much clear that the allegation surrounds something before GC joined us, and it does need saying that since coming to Dale, he has not picked up a single booking.

Whether he should continue to be a part of the first team squad for the remainder of the season comes down to Hilly and how he views GC's head. He's down the pecking order anyway at the moment, and I suppose this makes him a target for opposition players and supporters now who'll be in his ear from the first moment. He shouldn't be binned off merely on the back of being named in the Daily Mail but the manager should make the right judgement call for the club, and I'm sure he will do.

Sad to see Buchanan listed too. As a Rochdale lad, he's been very involved in the local community down at Oulder Hill, turning up all their events, speaking at awards nights and working with their football teams. Seems a decent bloke.

Unfortunately for all involved, the precedent of the Pakistani crickets might well see them earn some time behind bars. In the grand scheme of things, what the cricketers did was fairly trivial and very little impact on the overall outcome of the game. If there's any truth in the allegations, I'd be surprised if it was anything beyond something fairly trivial to the outcome of the game and it will be a million miles from match fixing.

Matt Le Tissier admitted in is auto biog that his Soton team would boot the ball out from the kick off to win on the spot fixing, but there was more naivety in those days about this sort of thing and it was almost classed as being a laugh rather than anything malicious.

in the long term, the Football League have some serious consideration to make regarding their own position and how they cosy up to betting companies, and what education is needed to stop young lads throwing their careers away for a moment of madness.

Conceding needless corners leads to goals. Picking up staged yellows or reds leads to suspensions. Conceding throw ins is deliberately giving up possession. These actions all benefit the opposition

Punters hand over millions of pounds a week through legitimate bookmakers when betting on football matches and these greedy cheats are manipulating the outcome for their financial game.

If Cummins kicked the ball out for a corner on purpose and the opposition scored from it then obviously the outcome of the game has been influenced by cheating. The cricket spot fixing is just the same and undermines the whole sport. Hansi Cronje is a good example and your post seems to trivialise the actions.

Its a multi million pound operation involving organised criminals, the fact the National Crime Agency and money laundering issues are being investigated shows the scale and seriousness of the allegations. It isnt match fixing but it does mean that the game you are watching isnt being played as it should be.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Fixing on 08:09 - Apr 4 with 6804 viewsdingdangblue

Buchanan's dad used to run bookies on Rooley Moor Road. Its been closed a while ago now though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Fixing on 08:25 - Apr 4 with 6769 viewsDaleaholic

Get rid. Even if he's innocent. We don't want our club being dragged into this any further. Bad enough we've been named as the club he currently plays for. Let him be Preston's problem.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Fixing on 08:32 - Apr 4 with 6752 viewsleedsdale

I'm with you on this one, Daleaholic.

If he were a permanent player then I would say let's reserve judgement, but this could take weeks to resolve, by which time the season will have ended and the loan ended anyway.

With Bunney, Donnelly and hopefully Hogan we should have enough options for the central striker role.
Match Fixing on 08:42 - Apr 4 with 6734 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fixing on 08:32 - Apr 4 by leedsdale

If he were a permanent player then I would say let's reserve judgement, but this could take weeks to resolve, by which time the season will have ended and the loan ended anyway.

With Bunney, Donnelly and hopefully Hogan we should have enough options for the central striker role.

Agree, Cummings might well be innocent but its a distraction we don't need at present.

Trivialising spot fixing is ridiculous, if you have a team of players busting a gut in every match to get the right result but one of the team is picking up back handers for not giving his all to the cause, you can imagine what effect that will have on the rest of the team.
Match Fixing on 08:44 - Apr 4 with 6725 viewsDaley_Lama

Match Fixing on 08:32 - Apr 4 by leedsdale

Yay, it's guilty before proven time.

As with the Accy one, there's grades of involvement. For example, i think our Captain had his team to lose in a £2 accumilator type bet or something like that.

To date all we know is the Mail have listed him as one of the 13. He can go in front of the firing squad when found guilty for me, figuratively speaking of course.

Match Fixing on 08:44 - Apr 4 with 6724 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fixing on 00:53 - Apr 4 by RotherhamDale

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-two/6004978/Accrin

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match Fixing on 08:49 - Apr 4 with 6708 viewsleedsdale

I'm not saying he is guilty, DL, just that we should seek to minimise the disruption to our club over the next few weeks.

One thing I do trust is that Hill and Dunphy will make the correct decision, one way or the other.
Match Fixing on 08:56 - Apr 4 with 6693 viewsDaley_Lama

Fair enough and i get what your saying.

A reet peed of angry striker who wants to stick 2 fingers up to the world might not be a disaster to come off the bench if that is his mentality at the mo, agree that Hilly will have a good handle on it, we saw him rest Scotty Hogan earlier this season for headology reasons.

Match Fixing on 08:59 - Apr 4 with 6683 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fixing on 08:44 - Apr 4 by Daley_Lama

Yay, it's guilty before proven time.

As with the Accy one, there's grades of involvement. For example, i think our Captain had his team to lose in a £2 accumilator type bet or something like that.

To date all we know is the Mail have listed him as one of the 13. He can go in front of the firing squad when found guilty for me, figuratively speaking of course.

Our captain will always carry that around with him though wont he. Just because he captains our team doesn't mean what he did was right.

The players know the rules when it comes to betting on matches and Cavanaghs flutter on his own team to lose a game doesnt put him in a very good light. How that bet was made up is irrelevant.

If we found out that our players had put money on us to lose tomorrows game against York I don't think anybody of us would be happy. Bringing Cav into the conversation isn't the wisest move when discussing this type of thing.
Match Fixing on 09:04 - Apr 4 with 6665 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fixing on 08:56 - Apr 4 by Daley_Lama

Fair enough and i get what your saying.

A reet peed of angry striker who wants to stick 2 fingers up to the world might not be a disaster to come off the bench if that is his mentality at the mo, agree that Hilly will have a good handle on it, we saw him rest Scotty Hogan earlier this season for headology reasons.

I don't see how we could possibly play him whilst under investigation - what if he misses a sitter or gets booked or gives away a penalty? Another thing is if he has won bets whilst playing for Preston why would he stop just because he has joined Dale. For all we know he may have bet whilst playing for us also? In our position its not worth risking.

Match Fixing on 09:16 - Apr 4 with 6630 viewsG_Dale

The article actually days alleged bribery and money laundering. I wonder how the money laundering comes into it

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Match Fixing on 09:17 - Apr 4 with 6629 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fixing on 09:04 - Apr 4 by dingdangblue

I don't see how we could possibly play him whilst under investigation - what if he misses a sitter or gets booked or gives away a penalty? Another thing is if he has won bets whilst playing for Preston why would he stop just because he has joined Dale. For all we know he may have bet whilst playing for us also? In our position its not worth risking.

It would be better for everybody concerned if all the players were suspended on full pay until the investigation is concluded.
Match Fixing on 09:18 - Apr 4 with 6626 viewsDaley_Lama

Match Fixing on 08:59 - Apr 4 by TalkingSutty

Our captain will always carry that around with him though wont he. Just because he captains our team doesn't mean what he did was right.

The players know the rules when it comes to betting on matches and Cavanaghs flutter on his own team to lose a game doesnt put him in a very good light. How that bet was made up is irrelevant.

If we found out that our players had put money on us to lose tomorrows game against York I don't think anybody of us would be happy. Bringing Cav into the conversation isn't the wisest move when discussing this type of thing.

I think it is right to mention Cav when discussing this as he did this previously.

As you say, Cav carries round the stigmata of that incident, I'm sure he is big enough to cope with people referring to it. As he has shown, it is possible to continue in Football after such an incident.

Equally, I think there should be punishment according to culpability IF found guilty, hence why I mentioned the level that Cav was involved in his incident.

I simply think the lad should be innocent until proven guilty and if his head is right and Hilly want to, he should be in the picture for Saturday. As already said elsewhere however, he is currently down the pecking order to Donnelly and Bunney.

Match Fixing on 09:21 - Apr 4 with 6610 viewsRalphs12

Match Fixing on 09:17 - Apr 4 by TalkingSutty

It would be better for everybody concerned if all the players were suspended on full pay until the investigation is concluded.

According to preston, all the players are avaiable for selection

http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/club-statement030414-1465707.aspx
Match Fixing on 09:23 - Apr 4 with 6606 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fixing on 09:16 - Apr 4 by G_Dale

The article actually days alleged bribery and money laundering. I wonder how the money laundering comes into it

The fact money laundering is mentioned just highlights the massive amounts of money involved, if that wasn't the case the National Crime Agency wouldn't be involved.

We aren't talking a five quid accumulator here and the players involved ( if charged and found guilty) will probably just be pawns in the game, but obviously the ones doing the dirty work.

They only need to succumb to the temptation once and then they are in the fixers back pockets who you can imagine will be very manipulative, they have to carry on with the dirty work.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Fixing on 10:17 - Apr 4 with 6461 viewsParkinsGimp

Match Fixing on 00:53 - Apr 4 by RotherhamDale

Wow , yet we have a captain who was actually convicted of betting against his own team to lose who got 12 month ban.......mmmmm
Match Fixing on 10:24 - Apr 4 with 6432 viewselectricblue

Match Fixing on 08:25 - Apr 4 by Daleaholic

Get rid. Even if he's innocent. We don't want our club being dragged into this any further. Bad enough we've been named as the club he currently plays for. Let him be Preston's problem.

Totally agree with you.....
Send him back to his parent club as it is clearly their problem not dales...
The recent performances have proved that cummins is not required and his head will be all over the place so he is no more use to the squad as he as been named in the press....

Corruption is proving to be rife at the moment in any sport....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match Fixing on 10:38 - Apr 4 with 6404 viewsBarryStrange

Match Fixing on 00:47 - Apr 4 by Daley_Lama

No Cummins for us on Saturday if this is correct
No Ben Davies for York on Saturday if this is correct.

Funny how the name Ben Davies pops up when we are in the position to win League 2.

As pointed out by a sorted Bury fan, Buchanan/Shrewsbury playoff? Send him down already.

6 players from Preston? 6? That is surely about 3 more than it is possible for the club to shrug off. I sincerely doubt they have heard the last of this, I suspect they are just hoping to get the season out of the way and get rid of the bad apples.

All I would say about Stephen Dawson is that if he has been doing anything other than keeping his sole focus on winning the game, he has changed a lot in 4 years.

I struggle to believe a guy with his kind of drive to make the most of his ability would jeopardise his career like that.

I would also just like to join what I am sure is a bubbling under well of support on here for an unquestionably honest. upstanding and praiseworthy member of the Sodje family, Efetobore.
Match Fixing on 10:46 - Apr 4 with 6372 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fixing on 10:38 - Apr 4 by BarryStrange

6 players from Preston? 6? That is surely about 3 more than it is possible for the club to shrug off. I sincerely doubt they have heard the last of this, I suspect they are just hoping to get the season out of the way and get rid of the bad apples.

All I would say about Stephen Dawson is that if he has been doing anything other than keeping his sole focus on winning the game, he has changed a lot in 4 years.

I struggle to believe a guy with his kind of drive to make the most of his ability would jeopardise his career like that.

I would also just like to join what I am sure is a bubbling under well of support on here for an unquestionably honest. upstanding and praiseworthy member of the Sodje family, Efetobore.

Gambling makes people do desperate things. You just don't know. He doesn't necessarily have to be involved in the outcome - could be bookings, corners, you can bet on almost anything nowadays. One thing I would say about our captain Cavanagh's involvement all those years ago - it seemed like he was just guilty of stupidity - I'm sorry but if you are looking at profiting from spot fixing / match fixing you don't do £2 accumulator!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024