Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio Ferdinand 09:45 - Nov 2 with 959 viewsjanegallagher

3 match ban and fined £25k for tweeting the word 'sket'

Justified or ludicrous? ( Try and be objective )

Should he be banned from playing football on non football related matters
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 9:49]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Rio Ferdinand on 10:07 - Nov 2 with 936 viewsOsbourne

Jane,
Rio Ferdinand,
Always complaining about something.

Did you see him on the Graham Norton show plugging his autobiograpy?
Massive ego. Harsh but true.

Objective or Subjective?
Tripple the ban and Tripple the fine, it might reduce his ego!

Sorry about this post Jane if you are a fan. I am not a fan!

NB What did you make of Lee Clark?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 10:08]
Rio Ferdinand on 10:37 - Nov 2 with 915 viewsjanegallagher

Ha ha definitely not a fan, horrid individual along with his brother Anton, hence keep it objective.

As for Lee Clark, too early to make a judgement. Not quite Riga when it comes to style and class
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 10:39]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Rio Ferdinand on 10:39 - Nov 2 with 911 viewspooljimbo

I can't be objective about this because I just don't like the guy.

I think even at his prime he was nowhere near as good as he thought he was as a footballer, now he's just stealing a wage, why do you think Utd got rid of him?

He also has a rap sheet as long as my arm for all his misdemeanors over the years.

The guy is a twunt, I'm sorry, and when I heard about his fine and ban I did have a little smile to myself.... Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Rio Ferdinand on 11:02 - Nov 2 with 887 viewsTejas

Ferdinand strikes me as someone who likes to play in a world of Political Correctness only when it suits him. He has form with inappropriate tweets, yet is the first to produce a red card when it goes against his agenda. You can't cherry pick the rules. I think PC has gone too far sometimes but if this word was used by someone else and in another context he would be the first to complain. The punishment was correct and he should accept it like a grown up and stop bleating.
Rio Ferdinand on 11:15 - Nov 2 with 878 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Rio Ferdinand on 11:02 - Nov 2 by Tejas

Ferdinand strikes me as someone who likes to play in a world of Political Correctness only when it suits him. He has form with inappropriate tweets, yet is the first to produce a red card when it goes against his agenda. You can't cherry pick the rules. I think PC has gone too far sometimes but if this word was used by someone else and in another context he would be the first to complain. The punishment was correct and he should accept it like a grown up and stop bleating.

…… "then I'm Judy Garland".

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Rio Ferdinand on 12:44 - Nov 2 with 844 viewsPNENIL

Rio Ferdinand on 11:15 - Nov 2 by basilrobbiereborn

…… "then I'm Judy Garland".

Considering he's already got previous on twitter, why didn't QPR ban him from using it? Or is that not allowed these days? Or better still, take some responsibility himself and not do it.
This is modern football though, where he will miss 3 games and still pick up his 30 or 40 k a week..and continue tweeting. I mean, missing 3 games through a tweet is just ridiculous really if you think about it.
He's gone though now in footballing terms. Redknapp had already dropped him.
Rio Ferdinand on 12:48 - Nov 2 with 836 viewsWizaard

Rio Ferdinand on 10:07 - Nov 2 by Osbourne

Jane,
Rio Ferdinand,
Always complaining about something.

Did you see him on the Graham Norton show plugging his autobiograpy?
Massive ego. Harsh but true.

Objective or Subjective?
Tripple the ban and Tripple the fine, it might reduce his ego!

Sorry about this post Jane if you are a fan. I am not a fan!

NB What did you make of Lee Clark?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 10:08]

Non-football is irrelevant. Just ask Ched Evans

In his position as a public figure, it's foolish at best to use that type of language. He'd be playing the racist card if it was about one of his family.
Rio Ferdinand on 14:28 - Nov 2 with 788 viewsCurryman

In answer to the original post, Yes he should be banned for such a racist and sexist slur on someones mother. He has previous form, missing a drugs test and calling Ashley Cole a Choc Ice because AC's views were not compatible with his own.

Considering that he was recently chosed by Greg Dyke to sit on the commision for the future of English Football, he should know he now has to tow the line and not get himself embroiled in ill thought out responses to jibes.

As for the John Terry Incident, what more can I say, as I'm not a fan of either. Now he's threatening to flounce off and not support any future FA initiatives. Well, Rio go ahead and flounce, I'm sure we won't miss you one bit.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Login to get fewer ads

Rio Ferdinand on 13:18 - Nov 3 with 730 viewsOsbourne

Rio Ferdinand on 10:37 - Nov 2 by janegallagher

Ha ha definitely not a fan, horrid individual along with his brother Anton, hence keep it objective.

As for Lee Clark, too early to make a judgement. Not quite Riga when it comes to style and class
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 10:39]

Jane,

Sorry, I gave out some incorrect information in my post.

Rio Ferdinand was in fact on the Jonathan Ross TV Show on Saturday 25.10.14. It was not the Graham Norton Show.

Rio Ferdinand was on this show with, Russell Brand, Lindsay Lohan and Daniel Radcliffe.

I must admit that it is a rare occasion for me to watch these chat shows, but I happened to be watching when Rio appeared. Russell Brand apparently is a great follower of football and goes to West Ham whenever he can.

I got it mixed up because I had watched the Graham Norton Show when Kevin Pietersen had been on it with John Cleese and Taylor Swift. I had deliberately watched that one because I had wanted to see what Kevin Pietersen had to say about his new book and his ostracism from the England Cricket Team.

One can get back editions of these shows on BBC/ITV Player, so it is Jonathan Ross not Graham Norton you need to feed in. Sorry about that!

Looks like Rio Ferdinand could be a TV football pundit when he retires from playing. I think I better keep my opinions to myself!
Rio Ferdinand on 13:25 - Nov 3 with 721 viewsLala

Rio Ferdinand on 13:18 - Nov 3 by Osbourne

Jane,

Sorry, I gave out some incorrect information in my post.

Rio Ferdinand was in fact on the Jonathan Ross TV Show on Saturday 25.10.14. It was not the Graham Norton Show.

Rio Ferdinand was on this show with, Russell Brand, Lindsay Lohan and Daniel Radcliffe.

I must admit that it is a rare occasion for me to watch these chat shows, but I happened to be watching when Rio appeared. Russell Brand apparently is a great follower of football and goes to West Ham whenever he can.

I got it mixed up because I had watched the Graham Norton Show when Kevin Pietersen had been on it with John Cleese and Taylor Swift. I had deliberately watched that one because I had wanted to see what Kevin Pietersen had to say about his new book and his ostracism from the England Cricket Team.

One can get back editions of these shows on BBC/ITV Player, so it is Jonathan Ross not Graham Norton you need to feed in. Sorry about that!

Looks like Rio Ferdinand could be a TV football pundit when he retires from playing. I think I better keep my opinions to myself!

Isn't it difficult to decide these things.

Like most, I'm not a Ferdinand fan. In real terms though, unless you are tweeting about work, or being racist etc or breaking some law, then no, I don't think he should be punished in footballing terms.

But, the world of social networking has gone slightly mad if you ask me.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024