Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what would american investors want 10:21 - Jan 28 with 11513 viewslibertine

is it a bad thing that the Americans are buying a big lump of our club.

what would they do?

as ive said on here many times we are in a very special place we are in wales and the only premier club, would they want o build it up?

something has to happen as we are in a bit of a panic alarm state

what would american investors want on 09:27 - Jan 29 with 1336 viewslibertine

when did we pay 17m for gomis?

what about a simple phonecall "if you buy the stadium, then well buy the club30% for 30 mil"

nothing official, simply a conversation.

Football Clubs always say there has been no official interest, then the following day the players are gone, its as if they made a decision without a whim of thought. They obviously had an unofficial conversation before the official.

On that docu "the super rich and us" it shows different events that sell pieces of our fair land to foreign investment. Its a massive business.

I don't want to bang on about the green party but one of their policies is to stop large money owning football clubs and instead try and encourage the fans buy outs like barca and real.
what would american investors want on 10:00 - Jan 29 with 1318 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 09:27 - Jan 29 by libertine

when did we pay 17m for gomis?

what about a simple phonecall "if you buy the stadium, then well buy the club30% for 30 mil"

nothing official, simply a conversation.

Football Clubs always say there has been no official interest, then the following day the players are gone, its as if they made a decision without a whim of thought. They obviously had an unofficial conversation before the official.

On that docu "the super rich and us" it shows different events that sell pieces of our fair land to foreign investment. Its a massive business.

I don't want to bang on about the green party but one of their policies is to stop large money owning football clubs and instead try and encourage the fans buy outs like barca and real.

£17m is the package we signed Gomis on.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

what would american investors want on 11:26 - Jan 29 with 1295 viewsdameedna

# Bony/Gomis - nowt to do with the new investors
# Stadium expansion/ownership - as above

Can we separate the above from the discussion as to what the new investors want?
Yes/no?
It would help me a little.

This is what the investors are eyeing:

# Existing and new improved TV and other commercial revenue

eg Swans played in the States.
Some non-Swansea friends went to the game. Travelled hundreds of kms and sent me pics on FaceBook. I see an opportunity to promote the club in the USA as others are already doing.

Is there any discussion about the club improving links with the US?
eg playing there in every pre-season?
Or sending ex players/ staff/ youth out there on PR and events? eg Trundle etc.
what would american investors want on 12:44 - Jan 29 with 1261 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 11:26 - Jan 29 by dameedna

# Bony/Gomis - nowt to do with the new investors
# Stadium expansion/ownership - as above

Can we separate the above from the discussion as to what the new investors want?
Yes/no?
It would help me a little.

This is what the investors are eyeing:

# Existing and new improved TV and other commercial revenue

eg Swans played in the States.
Some non-Swansea friends went to the game. Travelled hundreds of kms and sent me pics on FaceBook. I see an opportunity to promote the club in the USA as others are already doing.

Is there any discussion about the club improving links with the US?
eg playing there in every pre-season?
Or sending ex players/ staff/ youth out there on PR and events? eg Trundle etc.

Rubbish.

Directors have been looking to sell out for a while. It is not a coincidence all of a sudden now they want out, why now?

We brought Gomis in on a £17m contract because we expected to sell Bony. The sale of Bony will fund the stadium which of course will then facilitate the sale to the Americans.

Why do you think we hastily pushed through a deal for bony, in january, to the richest club in the world for a similar price Adam Lallana was sold for? They needed the cash to do the deal.

Yes they are attracted by the TV money in the game, he has a history of pocketing it. He took $200m from the Padres TV rights deal when he was owner.

Couldnt care less about tours to the US or Trundle going on jaunts stateside.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 15:54 - Jan 29 with 1236 viewslibertine

why on earth would we buy a player for 17m and sell a top striker for 25m.

We are in a very special situation being the only welsh club in the Pl, which is great i'm sure.

Also would the council sell to them at a knock down price as they would to the board, which is why the club had to buy the building of the council.

If the council sold the buildings to the Americans then something bad happened they would have some responsibility, whereas if the board bought the buildings of the council then sold it on it would be the boards fault and they would be long gone.

I absolutely do not trust the council I beleive they are rotten to the core I hope they sue me for that comment, i'd love to have my day in court with them.

not the lower level workers the ones up the top.
what would american investors want on 00:58 - Jan 30 with 1200 viewsdameedna

what would american investors want on 12:44 - Jan 29 by Parlay

Rubbish.

Directors have been looking to sell out for a while. It is not a coincidence all of a sudden now they want out, why now?

We brought Gomis in on a £17m contract because we expected to sell Bony. The sale of Bony will fund the stadium which of course will then facilitate the sale to the Americans.

Why do you think we hastily pushed through a deal for bony, in january, to the richest club in the world for a similar price Adam Lallana was sold for? They needed the cash to do the deal.

Yes they are attracted by the TV money in the game, he has a history of pocketing it. He took $200m from the Padres TV rights deal when he was owner.

Couldnt care less about tours to the US or Trundle going on jaunts stateside.

Bony left because he wanted to leave. Where is the link to the sale of some shares or further investment. Bony wanted to leave.

The stadium purchase is not a pre-condition to the sale of some shares or to the investment. The club can get a loan without the asset on the books.

Why now? Katzen is US based. Some directors are thinking of selling shares and the same same investor is offering some additional capital.

The club is contemplating how to get to the next level. All want to increase revenue eg TV, commercial, players, trophies etc.

It is a bit complex but as we are sitting on the sidelines it does not help to just make things up.
what would american investors want on 01:16 - Jan 30 with 1188 viewsParlay

what would american investors want on 00:58 - Jan 30 by dameedna

Bony left because he wanted to leave. Where is the link to the sale of some shares or further investment. Bony wanted to leave.

The stadium purchase is not a pre-condition to the sale of some shares or to the investment. The club can get a loan without the asset on the books.

Why now? Katzen is US based. Some directors are thinking of selling shares and the same same investor is offering some additional capital.

The club is contemplating how to get to the next level. All want to increase revenue eg TV, commercial, players, trophies etc.

It is a bit complex but as we are sitting on the sidelines it does not help to just make things up.

No, players do not leave because they want to. WE decide when they leave.

Yes the stadium is a pre condition, there is no other reason for doing it. Dont be naive.

Yes, so why now? He was american based last year too, and the year before.

Sorry but dont go for jargon and sounbites. "The next level" is twaddle.

Forum celebrity

what would american investors want on 01:28 - Jan 30 with 1187 viewsAJ101

what would american investors want on 01:16 - Jan 30 by Parlay

No, players do not leave because they want to. WE decide when they leave.

Yes the stadium is a pre condition, there is no other reason for doing it. Dont be naive.

Yes, so why now? He was american based last year too, and the year before.

Sorry but dont go for jargon and sounbites. "The next level" is twaddle.

As an outsider I also don't get what the "next level" is that they're talking about?

The only real money after the PL tv split is in the CL or massive worldwide commercial success there isn't much money in another 10k seats or even the Europa League not compared to the money that comes with simply surviving in the PL and Swansea seem to be doing that just fine without outside investment.
Login to get fewer ads

what would american investors want on 04:12 - Jan 30 with 1169 viewsdameedna

what would american investors want on 01:28 - Jan 30 by AJ101

As an outsider I also don't get what the "next level" is that they're talking about?

The only real money after the PL tv split is in the CL or massive worldwide commercial success there isn't much money in another 10k seats or even the Europa League not compared to the money that comes with simply surviving in the PL and Swansea seem to be doing that just fine without outside investment.

The next level is finding a way to avoid the risk of being relegated. Spurs is one of those clubs.

The issue of directors selling shares is their issue, they can sell them if they want. The Trust will still be there.

The investment or loan is a significant risk. I don't think we need a bigger stadium, or to own it. An investor may stipulate that the loan is for new players, infrastructure etc. That is normal but not a revelation and has little to do with the main objectives.

The stadium has been offered for sale by the Council, as they don't need it and would prefer the funds. Of interest I suppose is that when the Vetch East Stand was built, the club issued building bonds to supporters. They were not paid back. The club should have bought players. We were not too good to go down.

With Bony's exit, we are right to be cautious of big loans, in whatever form as we are short of a few players. Let's see if we can put that right. Naugton and Cork are spot on. A striker would be nice maybe on loan.
what would american investors want on 05:28 - Jan 30 with 1155 viewsAJ101

what would american investors want on 04:12 - Jan 30 by dameedna

The next level is finding a way to avoid the risk of being relegated. Spurs is one of those clubs.

The issue of directors selling shares is their issue, they can sell them if they want. The Trust will still be there.

The investment or loan is a significant risk. I don't think we need a bigger stadium, or to own it. An investor may stipulate that the loan is for new players, infrastructure etc. That is normal but not a revelation and has little to do with the main objectives.

The stadium has been offered for sale by the Council, as they don't need it and would prefer the funds. Of interest I suppose is that when the Vetch East Stand was built, the club issued building bonds to supporters. They were not paid back. The club should have bought players. We were not too good to go down.

With Bony's exit, we are right to be cautious of big loans, in whatever form as we are short of a few players. Let's see if we can put that right. Naugton and Cork are spot on. A striker would be nice maybe on loan.

I think very few clubs completely avoid the risk just look at Dortmund this season but to look closer to home aren't Everton at risk of relegation this season? They've been on pretty much the same level as Spurs for the last 10 years (similar league finishes, same size of stadium give or take and the quality of the first XI's has been pretty similar) and finished above us last season for that matter.

The only difference that makes them more likely to get relegated is squad depth and the only reason we can afford the ~£30m extra in wages for those players is because of London prices for tickets and better commercial deals.

The real difference maker between the have and the "have nots" in the Premier League is international support/recognition which gives them much more leverage in commercial deals. Evertons commercial income was ~£11m last season and Liverpools was £100m while Spurs were somewhere in between at ~£40m. Other than CL income that's the real difference maker in terms of spending power.

Unless new investors can somehow raise that awareness/support and resultant commercial income there's very little to gain from it with all the FFP and similar rules. As far as I'm aware you're already well on the way to completing your new training and academy facilities and adding capacity to the stadium can be done in stages can't it? (both for financial reasons and to better understand demand)
what would american investors want on 05:48 - Jan 30 with 1148 viewsdgt73

what would american investors want on 04:12 - Jan 30 by dameedna

Don't need a bigger stadium ? What planet are you living on.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

what would american investors want on 09:20 - Jan 30 with 1121 viewsNookiejack

what would american investors want on 21:20 - Jan 28 by pencoedjack

True mate.

The doom merchants fail to give an alternative ....

The current shareholders can take a stream of healthy dividends over a number of years to ensure their family and dependants are financially safe. They can then gift 30% of their shares to the Trust - leaving themselves with circa £49m of shares. The Trust would then have a controlling interest.

This is called philanthropy and take a look at what Bill Gates does with gifting his Microsoft shares away to charity.

How much is enough money. £49m of shares (discounted for loss of controlling interest say to minimum £30m) is still incredible return on initial investment.
what would american investors want on 09:51 - Jan 30 with 1116 viewsNookiejack

what would american investors want on 09:20 - Jan 30 by Nookiejack

The current shareholders can take a stream of healthy dividends over a number of years to ensure their family and dependants are financially safe. They can then gift 30% of their shares to the Trust - leaving themselves with circa £49m of shares. The Trust would then have a controlling interest.

This is called philanthropy and take a look at what Bill Gates does with gifting his Microsoft shares away to charity.

How much is enough money. £49m of shares (discounted for loss of controlling interest say to minimum £30m) is still incredible return on initial investment.

PS you create a legacy. Your family name goes down in history. Not only in Swansea but across the world. Think about the respect supporters of the world .i.e. Boca Juniors in Argentina, Fluminese in Brazil would give you. Especially those supporters trying to establish fan-based ownership models

Surely this is what Jack to a King is all about.
what would american investors want on 10:05 - Jan 30 with 1103 viewsdgt73

what would american investors want on 09:51 - Jan 30 by Nookiejack

PS you create a legacy. Your family name goes down in history. Not only in Swansea but across the world. Think about the respect supporters of the world .i.e. Boca Juniors in Argentina, Fluminese in Brazil would give you. Especially those supporters trying to establish fan-based ownership models

Surely this is what Jack to a King is all about.

Your family name goes down in history ffs

what would american investors want on 10:17 - Jan 30 with 1094 viewsPlazex

Swansea Greenbacks
Play in Green
Name the stadium the FedEx Bowl
Make the 'Barack Obama' stand.

Poll: Where will we finish?

what would american investors want on 10:22 - Jan 30 with 1092 viewsNookiejack

what would american investors want on 10:05 - Jan 30 by dgt73

Your family name goes down in history ffs

You can alternatively be remembered as those that sold out - after promoting a fan based ownership model over the last 13 years. Why was Jack to a King made?
what would american investors want on 10:52 - Jan 30 with 1073 viewsdgt73

what would american investors want on 10:22 - Jan 30 by Nookiejack

You can alternatively be remembered as those that sold out - after promoting a fan based ownership model over the last 13 years. Why was Jack to a King made?

Sold out what exactly?

what would american investors want on 11:23 - Jan 30 with 1060 viewsNookiejack

what would american investors want on 10:52 - Jan 30 by dgt73

Sold out what exactly?

Selling the club out for £60m to American Venture Capitalists
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024