Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest 23:41 - Feb 10 with 742 viewsOsbourne

Pool 16/5 Draw 11/4 Nottingham Forest evens.

Pool really need 3 points from this one.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 23:45]
Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 09:13 - Feb 11 with 708 viewsscratchingshed

You say that every week and we get beat, you sound like Lee Clark "we have to pick ourselves up and go again next game" do either of you know the season finishes all too soon?
Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 09:29 - Feb 11 with 705 viewsOsbourne

Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 09:13 - Feb 11 by scratchingshed

You say that every week and we get beat, you sound like Lee Clark "we have to pick ourselves up and go again next game" do either of you know the season finishes all too soon?

"It ain't over, until it is over."

Pool can still survive.

Trust me!
Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 12:15 - Feb 11 with 699 viewsscratchingshed

Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 09:29 - Feb 11 by Osbourne

"It ain't over, until it is over."

Pool can still survive.

Trust me!

10/10 for effort if nothing else.
Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 16:24 - Feb 11 with 681 viewsspooner

Used to love your optimism, Oz, but now, I believe, we need to be realistic.
The odds speak for themselves; bookies are rarely wrong, or poor.
What's the betting on us winning an away game this season, staying up, going on an unbeaten run from now until May, or me seeing a unicorn in town tonight?
Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 20:21 - Feb 11 with 661 viewsOsbourne

Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 16:24 - Feb 11 by spooner

Used to love your optimism, Oz, but now, I believe, we need to be realistic.
The odds speak for themselves; bookies are rarely wrong, or poor.
What's the betting on us winning an away game this season, staying up, going on an unbeaten run from now until May, or me seeing a unicorn in town tonight?

spooner,

I'm getting lampooned by some posters. I realise the odds are against Pool's survival. The point is though that Pool have got to hang on in there for as long as they can. Other sides and mangers will get nervous. There is still a real chance that Pool could save the day on the last day of the season v Huddersfield at Bloomfield Road.

I am using 44 points as the needed total. It will do because it wont be until the last few matches when one will know exactly how many points are required.

That means 24 points needed. That is 8 wins. It is down to Lee Clark to find a way to get these points.

Home fixtures remaining :

Forest - 12th
Wigan - 23rd
Sheffield Wednesday - 10th
Charlton - 20th
Leeds - 17th
Reading - 14th
Fulham - 18th
Huddersfield - 15th

Away fixtures remaining :

Blackburn - 9th
Brentford - 6th
Birmingham - 11th
Bournemouth - 2nd
Bolton - 13th
Ipswich - 4th
Derby - 3rd
Cardiff - 16th

There are 8 games in that lot to be won. 8/16 need to be won.
Lee Clark and the squad simply need to keep hanging in there.

I have my own opinions on what Pool are doing wrong. It is up to Clark to get these points. Whether this side of nomads can really do it or not, I know not. Murphy for example should never of been sent packing. He had pace, was two footed and pulled defences wide. He could also get to the by line and cause real panic in defences. Equally, Telford is good, but small. When Woodgate was manhandling him last night, and he was, Davies or his replacement (whose name escapes me), should of freed Telford and leant on Woodgate, shall we discretely say. The backbone of Clarke and O'Dea - O'Hara - Davies is good though. They really could pull this off if they actually want to.

It's how I see it. I don't mind the lampooning I'm getting on here.

Pool need to beat Forest on Saturday. My advice to Clark would be : If Pool go one up with time remaining. Do not sit back and let Forest come at us. Keep the back4 line tight, but pull Forest up to the half way line at much as one can. Clarke and O'Dea are both experienced players, they need to pull the defence line up the field. It is up to Clarke and O'Dea to do this and to shuffle one across if McMahon or Dunne moves laterally forward on the attack. Keep playing in the Forest half. Control the game. Keep going at Forest looking for a 2nd and 3rd goal. Then, and only then, sit back and let Forest come at us.

Whether Clark has got the nerve to do it, well, we will see!
Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 22:54 - Feb 11 with 646 viewsscratchingshed

Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 20:21 - Feb 11 by Osbourne

spooner,

I'm getting lampooned by some posters. I realise the odds are against Pool's survival. The point is though that Pool have got to hang on in there for as long as they can. Other sides and mangers will get nervous. There is still a real chance that Pool could save the day on the last day of the season v Huddersfield at Bloomfield Road.

I am using 44 points as the needed total. It will do because it wont be until the last few matches when one will know exactly how many points are required.

That means 24 points needed. That is 8 wins. It is down to Lee Clark to find a way to get these points.

Forest - 12th
Wigan - 23rd
Charlton - 20th
Leeds - 17th
Reading - 14th
Fulham - 18th
Huddersfield - 15th

Blackburn - 9th
Brentford - 6th
Birmingham - 11th
Bournemouth - 2nd
Bolton - 13th
Ipswich - 4th
Derby - 3rd
Cardiff - 16th

I have my own opinions on what Pool are doing wrong. It is up to Clark to get these points. Whether this side of nomads can really do it or not, I know not. Murphy for example should never of been sent packing. He had pace, was two footed and pulled defences wide. He could also get to the by line and cause real panic in defences. Equally, Telford is good, but small. When Woodgate was manhandling him last night, and he was, Davies or his replacement (whose name escapes me), should of freed Telford and leant on Woodgate, shall we discretely say. The backbone of Clarke and O'Dea - O'Hara - Davies is good though. They really could pull this off if they actually want to.

Pool need to beat Forest on Saturday. My advice to Clark would be : If Pool go one up with time remaining. Do not sit back and let Forest come at us. Keep the back4 line tight, but pull Forest up to the half way line at much as one can. Clarke and O'Dea are both experienced players, they need to pull the defence line up the field. It is up to Clarke and O'Dea to do this and to shuffle one across if McMahon or Dunne moves laterally forward on the attack. Keep playing in the Forest half. Control the game. Keep going at Forest looking for a 2nd and 3rd goal. Then, and only then, sit back and let Forest come at us.

Forest got warmed up for Saturday by putting 3 past Wigan tonight that's 6 points out of 6 for Douggie Freedman, anyone would be a fool to back against them making in 9 from 9.

Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 09:29 - Feb 12 with 629 viewsspooner

Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 20:21 - Feb 11 by Osbourne

spooner,

Forest - 12th
Wigan - 23rd
Charlton - 20th
Leeds - 17th
Reading - 14th
Fulham - 18th
Huddersfield - 15th

Blackburn - 9th
Brentford - 6th
Birmingham - 11th
Bournemouth - 2nd
Bolton - 13th
Ipswich - 4th
Derby - 3rd
Cardiff - 16th

I'd love us to win twice as many games as we have so far, with half as many fixtures remaining.
As I said, we have to be realistic.
At this point, four years ago we were sliding down the Premiership table, but were still hopeful as Brett completed his feat of scoring for Blackpool in every division.
Realistically, not enough had been done in the transfer window to secure top flight status and we went down.
Deja vu (as it appears to be every year).
I really do admire the optimistic few and have tried to be there with them, but my sullen, post-match moods are lasting longer. Its now Thursday and Mrs. Spooner (without anything more than a passing interest in our plight) is wondering how much longer I'll be moping around the house.
I tell her she wont have to wait until May, as our fate will be sealed long before then.
Even now I occasionally delude myself, as the week progresses, that all is not lost, but, as I say, its now Thursday and there's not been a glimmer of hope yet
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 13:47]
Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 13:32 - Feb 12 with 612 viewsTheOldKopRoof

Taking into account the 15th February 2014 game 0-0 away at Ipswich, in the last calendar year, we've won 5 games.
5 in 48 (including cup) fixtures.
We need to win 8 in the next 16.
So from a 10.4% win rate, we need to increase that to 50%.

Not going to happen.

Karl Oyston. All that is bad about human nature.

Login to get fewer ads

Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 14:52 - Feb 12 with 597 viewsOsbourne

Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 13:32 - Feb 12 by TheOldKopRoof

Taking into account the 15th February 2014 game 0-0 away at Ipswich, in the last calendar year, we've won 5 games.
5 in 48 (including cup) fixtures.
We need to win 8 in the next 16.
So from a 10.4% win rate, we need to increase that to 50%.

Not going to happen.

scratchingshed, spooner, TheOldKopRoof,

The odds on relegation :

Blackpool - 1/50
Wigan - 4/9
Millwall - 5/4
Charlton - 7/2
Rotherham - 4
Brighton - 6
Leeds - 8
Fulham - 22

Well! What can one say. Stick £50 on Pool's survival to win a pound!

Has this Blackpool squad got the capability of winning 8/16?

Tuesday night's squad of 18 :

Joe Lewis
Tony McMahon, Peter Clarke, Darren O'Dea, Charles Dunne,
Andrea Orlandi, David Perkins, Jamie O'Hara, Henry Cameron,
Dom Telford, Steven Davies

7 subs - Elliott Parish, Tom Aldred, Niall Maher, Joe Rothwell, Nathan Delfouneso, Gary Madine, Mark Waddington.

Hang the squad on the backbone of :
Lewis - Clarke and O'Dea - O'Hara and Perkins - Davies

I suggest that with good management and leadership/spirit within the team, Pool could still save Championship status. What they must not do is sit back and let sides come at them once Pool go 1-0 up. Pool need to control the game and with a central midfielder of O'Hara's class then they have the chance to do this. Lee Clark of course has got to allow them to do this. Then pick off 8 wins and only ever close up shop in the last 10 minutes when Pool are 2-0 or 3-0 up. Never close up shop at 1-0. Pool have got to control the game and take the game to the opposition. Pool have got to take some 3 pointers now.

I, personally think that Pool can do it. It is going to be tight, I give you that, but I think that come the Huddersfield home game, Pool will still be in the mix.

3 points v Forest is not essential, but Pool must definitely look for them.
Forest beat Wigan last night, 3-0. They wont beat Pool on the Bloomfield Road surface. I suggest a stressful 1-0 or a 2-0, 3-0 or 3-1, if Pool actually control and take the game to Forest. Which I sincerely hope Clark does. NB Don't get booked in the 1st 3 minutes again Clarke. Orlandi and Cameron stay as wide as you dare, or McMahon and Dunne do this, with the remaining back 3 shuffling across to cover, stretching the Forest defence as much as you can, Forest are bound to ball watch, defenders always do. Davies, give Telford protection from any bullying centre back (a la Woodgate). Shoot ON TARGET, the shots must go ON TARGET, at the goalkeeper is far preferable to a screamer over the bar. At every opportunity, Davies and Telford, must follow up on everything, popping in the rebound, the goalkeeper will fluff sooner rather than later on the manicured Bloomfield Road surface! We must have 3 points v Forest if we can possibly get them.

It is how I see it.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 21:49]
Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 20:16 - Feb 13 with 563 viewsOsbourne

Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 14:52 - Feb 12 by Osbourne

scratchingshed, spooner, TheOldKopRoof,

The odds on relegation :

Blackpool - 1/50
Wigan - 4/9
Millwall - 5/4
Charlton - 7/2
Rotherham - 4
Brighton - 6
Leeds - 8
Fulham - 22

Well! What can one say. Stick £50 on Pool's survival to win a pound!

Has this Blackpool squad got the capability of winning 8/16?

Tuesday night's squad of 18 :

Joe Lewis
Tony McMahon, Peter Clarke, Darren O'Dea, Charles Dunne,
Andrea Orlandi, David Perkins, Jamie O'Hara, Henry Cameron,
Dom Telford, Steven Davies

7 subs - Elliott Parish, Tom Aldred, Niall Maher, Joe Rothwell, Nathan Delfouneso, Gary Madine, Mark Waddington.

Hang the squad on the backbone of :
Lewis - Clarke and O'Dea - O'Hara and Perkins - Davies

I suggest that with good management and leadership/spirit within the team, Pool could still save Championship status. What they must not do is sit back and let sides come at them once Pool go 1-0 up. Pool need to control the game and with a central midfielder of O'Hara's class then they have the chance to do this. Lee Clark of course has got to allow them to do this. Then pick off 8 wins and only ever close up shop in the last 10 minutes when Pool are 2-0 or 3-0 up. Never close up shop at 1-0. Pool have got to control the game and take the game to the opposition. Pool have got to take some 3 pointers now.

I, personally think that Pool can do it. It is going to be tight, I give you that, but I think that come the Huddersfield home game, Pool will still be in the mix.

3 points v Forest is not essential, but Pool must definitely look for them.
Forest beat Wigan last night, 3-0. They wont beat Pool on the Bloomfield Road surface. I suggest a stressful 1-0 or a 2-0, 3-0 or 3-1, if Pool actually control and take the game to Forest. Which I sincerely hope Clark does. NB Don't get booked in the 1st 3 minutes again Clarke. Orlandi and Cameron stay as wide as you dare, or McMahon and Dunne do this, with the remaining back 3 shuffling across to cover, stretching the Forest defence as much as you can, Forest are bound to ball watch, defenders always do. Davies, give Telford protection from any bullying centre back (a la Woodgate). Shoot ON TARGET, the shots must go ON TARGET, at the goalkeeper is far preferable to a screamer over the bar. At every opportunity, Davies and Telford, must follow up on everything, popping in the rebound, the goalkeeper will fluff sooner rather than later on the manicured Bloomfield Road surface! We must have 3 points v Forest if we can possibly get them.

It is how I see it.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 21:49]

I wonder if Clark and the squad read this message board?

I hope so.

Get more shots in tomorrow. Make sure they are on target. The shots MUST hit the target. Much better to draw a save out of the keeper, than miss the target by an inch. Pepper the keeper. Follow up and pick up the rebounds.

3 points tomorrow please.
Just saying.
Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 19:39 - Feb 14 with 538 viewsOsbourne

Pool 16/5 to beat Nottingham Forest on 20:16 - Feb 13 by Osbourne

I wonder if Clark and the squad read this message board?

I hope so.

Get more shots in tomorrow. Make sure they are on target. The shots MUST hit the target. Much better to draw a save out of the keeper, than miss the target by an inch. Pepper the keeper. Follow up and pick up the rebounds.

3 points tomorrow please.
Just saying.

POST MATCH

Blimey, what a game!

I guess they do read this message board!

Well tried Pool!

The fans sitting near me were totally exhilarated by it all!

Blimey!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024