Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blocked by Hendo 13:36 - Feb 16 with 5859 viewsKnowlesy

Blimey, all I said, politely, was that focus was needed on football at the moment rather than Herbalife.

His form has declined massively and his social media presence is dominated by some pyramid scheme. I know that obviously footballers are allowed a life away from football but it makes it look as though that's all he's interested in as his form dwindles.
Blocked by Hendo on 13:47 - Feb 16 with 5802 viewsrod_leach

If someone I didn't know started giving me career advice I hadn't asked for, I'd block them as well.
Blocked by Hendo on 13:48 - Feb 16 with 5790 viewsdingdangblue

What about when his form was good with Herbalife interests also?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Blocked by Hendo on 13:51 - Feb 16 with 5769 viewsRotherhamDale

Don't blame him.

I find it quite odd that people think he can't do both. If he's training when he should be, and playing when he should be, then he can do what he wants in his spare time.
The man isn't Messi, he's a league 1 footballer who's struggling for form. But, he's still our top scorer.

Possession with progression.

Blocked by Hendo on 14:01 - Feb 16 with 5717 viewsTalkingSutty

Blocked by Hendo on 13:51 - Feb 16 by RotherhamDale

Don't blame him.

I find it quite odd that people think he can't do both. If he's training when he should be, and playing when he should be, then he can do what he wants in his spare time.
The man isn't Messi, he's a league 1 footballer who's struggling for form. But, he's still our top scorer.

Class act Hendo, i expect him to return to form over the next few games.Glad we have him at the club.
Blocked by Hendo on 14:14 - Feb 16 with 5654 viewsSaxonDale

I agree with the OP and I might get a MASSIVE banner to hang from the WMG telling Henderson to stop thinking about Herbalife pyramids and start using his free time practising penalties (any help on the exact wording would be gratefully received). It will look great alongside Bazingadale's 'Hill out' banner.
Blocked by Hendo on 15:17 - Feb 16 with 5450 viewsKnowlesy

All good arguments - and I never said I wasn't happy to have him at the club. He is clearly a fantastic player and maybe that's why I'm frustrated with him because he has the quality.

I sent the tweet in the wake of Saturday's game so it was more of a knee jerk reaction. I wasn't exactly abusive though so Just seemed harsh blocking me. I bow to consensus.
Blocked by Hendo on 09:50 - Feb 17 with 4853 viewsParkinsGimp

All players go through a bad patch. I am sure he will come good again.
Blocked by Hendo on 11:39 - Feb 17 with 4731 viewsaleanddale

Convinced he will be firing soon.

Saturday brace of goals will do nicely!!
Login to get fewer ads

Blocked by Hendo on 14:32 - Feb 17 with 4530 viewsDaleiLama

Blocked by Hendo on 14:14 - Feb 16 by SaxonDale

I agree with the OP and I might get a MASSIVE banner to hang from the WMG telling Henderson to stop thinking about Herbalife pyramids and start using his free time practising penalties (any help on the exact wording would be gratefully received). It will look great alongside Bazingadale's 'Hill out' banner.

Irrespective of the fact that negative criticism is probably the worst motivational tool (especially if Hendo is suffering a temporary lack of confidence), the fact that you asked for help with the wording I think clears up any doubt as to how great it might look when finished. If this post was a wind up, I've been gotcha'd!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Blocked by Hendo on 14:42 - Feb 17 with 4515 viewsD_Alien

Blocked by Hendo on 14:32 - Feb 17 by DaleiLama

Irrespective of the fact that negative criticism is probably the worst motivational tool (especially if Hendo is suffering a temporary lack of confidence), the fact that you asked for help with the wording I think clears up any doubt as to how great it might look when finished. If this post was a wind up, I've been gotcha'd!

Unfortunately, I think you have been!

(Unless I just have too? )

[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 14:42]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Blocked by Hendo on 14:52 - Feb 17 with 4485 viewsDaleiLama

Blocked by Hendo on 14:42 - Feb 17 by D_Alien

Unfortunately, I think you have been!

(Unless I just have too? )

[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 14:42]

Oh well ..... sh it happens!

By the way - I picked up a copy of the Lunesdale drinker on Sunday and CAMRA members get £1 off a pint in the Borough in Lancaster now. Pity we resigned!

Blocked by Hendo on 18:20 - Feb 17 with 4312 viewsD_Alien

Blocked by Hendo on 14:52 - Feb 17 by DaleiLama

Oh well ..... sh it happens!

By the way - I picked up a copy of the Lunesdale drinker on Sunday and CAMRA members get £1 off a pint in the Borough in Lancaster now. Pity we resigned!

It wouldn't taste the same though if we didn't stick to our principles!

Just had a great pint of Sam Smiths in t' Star on Edenfield Road for £1.80 - who needs discounts?

Or herbalife?!

[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 18:31]

Blocked by Hendo on 18:39 - Feb 17 with 4239 viewsnordenblue

Blocked by Hendo on 18:20 - Feb 17 by D_Alien

It wouldn't taste the same though if we didn't stick to our principles!

Just had a great pint of Sam Smiths in t' Star on Edenfield Road for £1.80 - who needs discounts?

Or herbalife?!

[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 18:31]

That Taddy lager in there takes a few gallons to get used to, but for the price you cant grumble
Blocked by Hendo on 19:04 - Feb 17 with 4187 viewsD_Alien

Blocked by Hendo on 18:39 - Feb 17 by nordenblue

That Taddy lager in there takes a few gallons to get used to, but for the price you cant grumble

tbh I haven't had a pint of lager since I was about 19 !!

Brewers like Sam Smiths / JW Lees probable make a decent profit through brewing both lager and bitter, and if that helps keep the bitters on tap then fair enough.

Blocked by Hendo on 20:38 - Feb 17 with 4078 viewsSaxonDale

Blocked by Hendo on 14:32 - Feb 17 by DaleiLama

Was all tongue in cheek DL!
Blocked by Hendo on 08:48 - Feb 18 with 3850 viewsDaleiLama

Blocked by Hendo on 20:38 - Feb 17 by SaxonDale

Was all tongue in cheek DL!

Chuckle. There should be italics for tongue in cheek and sarcasm - you can hear it in vocal inflection but not in the printed word!

Blocked by Hendo on 11:04 - Feb 18 with 3783 viewsD_Alien

Blocked by Hendo on 08:48 - Feb 18 by DaleiLama

Chuckle. There should be italics for tongue in cheek and sarcasm - you can hear it in vocal inflection but not in the printed word!

If it's any consolation Dalei, if I had a £ for the number of times some of my posts have been taken seriously when t-i-c I could afford a UK-length pub crawl!

I'll bet a majority reading my "The profiteering bastards" post about asda on the tazzy petrol thread thought I actually meant it.

Blocked by Hendo on 11:48 - Feb 18 with 3719 viewsDaleiLama

Blocked by Hendo on 11:04 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

If it's any consolation Dalei, if I had a £ for the number of times some of my posts have been taken seriously when t-i-c I could afford a UK-length pub crawl!

I'll bet a majority reading my "The profiteering bastards" post about asda on the tazzy petrol thread thought I actually meant it.

Maybe we could get meters installed? That could be a nice earner!
I saw your "The profiteering bastards" comment on the 1p increase and chuckled at that too. Co-incidentally, I was going to fill up on Friday but didn't have time and the diesel at the local supermarket went up by 1p by Saturday ...... no prizes for what I thought! "The profiteering bastards" made an extra 56p out of me.

Blocked by Hendo on 12:31 - Feb 18 with 3672 viewsD_Alien

Blocked by Hendo on 11:48 - Feb 18 by DaleiLama

Maybe we could get meters installed? That could be a nice earner!
I saw your "The profiteering bastards" comment on the 1p increase and chuckled at that too. Co-incidentally, I was going to fill up on Friday but didn't have time and the diesel at the local supermarket went up by 1p by Saturday ...... no prizes for what I thought! "The profiteering bastards" made an extra 56p out of me.

I've calculated that extra 56p would've got you a gill of ale (a quarter of a pint, for those under the age of 95) in Wetherspoons - expect that'll make you feel even worse now - sorry!

It's all relative, I guess... I felt ripped off when the pump gauge showed I'd input bang on £60.00 (and how much fun is it trying to get it to stop on .00p ?) but when I got to the service hatch the amount registered as £60.01

Blocked by Hendo on 15:13 - Feb 18 with 3539 viewsDaleiLama

Blocked by Hendo on 12:31 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

I've calculated that extra 56p would've got you a gill of ale (a quarter of a pint, for those under the age of 95) in Wetherspoons - expect that'll make you feel even worse now - sorry!

It's all relative, I guess... I felt ripped off when the pump gauge showed I'd input bang on £60.00 (and how much fun is it trying to get it to stop on .00p ?) but when I got to the service hatch the amount registered as £60.01

I think a gill also covers the 1/3 of a pint measure and these glasses are still used at this time of year in my neck of the woods - for drinking and not sampling - only for Old Tom though (winter warmer/loopy juice if you haven't come across it).

Referee! Surely everyone plays the "round to the nearest pound" game but I've never had that happen to me. A penny for the vapour in your fuel tank. Shooting sprees have started in the US for less than that.

Blocked by Hendo on 15:17 - Feb 18 with 3534 viewsD_Alien

Blocked by Hendo on 15:13 - Feb 18 by DaleiLama

I think a gill also covers the 1/3 of a pint measure and these glasses are still used at this time of year in my neck of the woods - for drinking and not sampling - only for Old Tom though (winter warmer/loopy juice if you haven't come across it).

Referee! Surely everyone plays the "round to the nearest pound" game but I've never had that happen to me. A penny for the vapour in your fuel tank. Shooting sprees have started in the US for less than that.

That'd give a whole new meaning to having an attack of the vapours!

Blocked by Hendo on 15:21 - Feb 18 with 3523 viewsDaleiLama

Blocked by Hendo on 15:17 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

That'd give a whole new meaning to having an attack of the vapours!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024