Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Jennings 12:04 - Jun 8 with 9246 viewsKnowlesy

Released by Barnsley. I'm sure Whitey will have all the info but sounds like another potential broken toy to me. I know we've just signed another forward but I remember this guy playing against us in his Tranmere days and thinking what a player, made the classic mistake of going to a massive club where he was never going to play.

Bags of potential! Reckon Keith's got his eye on him? or would he be out of our reach wage wise?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33047410
[Post edited 8 Jun 2015 12:07]
Dale Jennings on 12:10 - Jun 8 with 9201 viewssandylaner1

No thanks, I'd prefer kallum higginbotham who would also be cheaper :)
Dale Jennings on 12:43 - Jun 8 with 9078 viewsWhiteyBFC

Signed for £250,000 and on a rumoured £5,000 per week basic salary. Flicker's big signing that summer. Wasn't fit enough to start on the opening day of the 2013-14 season against cup holders Wigan at Oakwell, but came on in the second half and fell over the ball with his first touch, and was red carded after 6 minutes with his next 'touch'.

Reappeared against Wednesday live on Sky TV. Put in the sort of display you'd expect from an elephant, and looked as big as one. Was soon sent packing on loan, to MK Dons and his former Liverpool academy coach, Karl Robinson. Impressed down there apparently. Recalled immediately by Danny Wilson and returned looking fitter, leaner and hungry (no pun intended).

Scored a few worldies, lit up the division and won the young player of the month award in the Championship. Cracked it? No.

Struggled after that initial month, once opposing defenders had worked him out. Show him onto his left foot and he's got nothing. Was awful during the relegation run-in, as were the lot of em barring Steele and O'Grady.

Expected him to take L1 by storm though. But somehow returned from pre-season training the size of an elephant again. Was sent off - again - on the opening day at Oakwell.

Was seen here and there ever since, the odd sub appearance, never looking anything but ordinary, and overweight. Injured a lot. Did score another worldy, but in the FA Cup at Chester, against non league defenders. How did he celebrate that amazing goal? He didn't. He was on his knees, gasping for breath/air.

Last seen waddling around the field as a sub against Sheff Utd, never touched the ball.

Good luck to the lad, nice lad apparently. But I'm pleased with this news. Frees up the budget a little bit, the last Championship contract gone.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up fixed by someone. Will that be Keith? I doubt it. But then, he did sign Mido so who knows? Mido, second only to Jan Molby in the list of fat players I've seen play for Barnsley. Dale Jennings being 3rd.

if you reckon RNL is overweight, too stocky etc, and a one trick pony, Jennings is worse. I'd have RNL back here in a shot. Whereas I'm pleased we've got shut of Dale.

He'll end up with Flicker. Special human.
Dale Jennings on 12:46 - Jun 8 with 9058 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dale Jennings on 12:47 - Jun 8 with 9051 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dale Jennings on 12:48 - Jun 8 with 9045 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dale Jennings on 12:50 - Jun 8 with 9026 viewsWhiteyBFC

From 4 minutes and 25 seconds in:

Dale Jennings on 09:22 - Jun 10 with 8316 viewselectricblue

Dale Jennings on 12:43 - Jun 8 by WhiteyBFC

Signed for £250,000 and on a rumoured £5,000 per week basic salary. Flicker's big signing that summer. Wasn't fit enough to start on the opening day of the 2013-14 season against cup holders Wigan at Oakwell, but came on in the second half and fell over the ball with his first touch, and was red carded after 6 minutes with his next 'touch'.

Reappeared against Wednesday live on Sky TV. Put in the sort of display you'd expect from an elephant, and looked as big as one. Was soon sent packing on loan, to MK Dons and his former Liverpool academy coach, Karl Robinson. Impressed down there apparently. Recalled immediately by Danny Wilson and returned looking fitter, leaner and hungry (no pun intended).

Scored a few worldies, lit up the division and won the young player of the month award in the Championship. Cracked it? No.

Struggled after that initial month, once opposing defenders had worked him out. Show him onto his left foot and he's got nothing. Was awful during the relegation run-in, as were the lot of em barring Steele and O'Grady.

Expected him to take L1 by storm though. But somehow returned from pre-season training the size of an elephant again. Was sent off - again - on the opening day at Oakwell.

Was seen here and there ever since, the odd sub appearance, never looking anything but ordinary, and overweight. Injured a lot. Did score another worldy, but in the FA Cup at Chester, against non league defenders. How did he celebrate that amazing goal? He didn't. He was on his knees, gasping for breath/air.

Last seen waddling around the field as a sub against Sheff Utd, never touched the ball.

Good luck to the lad, nice lad apparently. But I'm pleased with this news. Frees up the budget a little bit, the last Championship contract gone.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up fixed by someone. Will that be Keith? I doubt it. But then, he did sign Mido so who knows? Mido, second only to Jan Molby in the list of fat players I've seen play for Barnsley. Dale Jennings being 3rd.

if you reckon RNL is overweight, too stocky etc, and a one trick pony, Jennings is worse. I'd have RNL back here in a shot. Whereas I'm pleased we've got shut of Dale.

He'll end up with Flicker. Special human.

I would have thought that being clubless he would be fitter than he as ever had been in preseason....
Nobody wants to take on an overweight player.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Dale Jennings on 09:32 - Jun 10 with 8291 viewsdingdangblue

Dale Jennings on 09:22 - Jun 10 by electricblue

I would have thought that being clubless he would be fitter than he as ever had been in preseason....
Nobody wants to take on an overweight player.....

He only got released on Monday for being fat - he's been comfort eating since!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Dale Jennings on 09:37 - Jun 10 with 8278 viewsSuddenLad

Dale Jennings on 09:32 - Jun 10 by dingdangblue

He only got released on Monday for being fat - he's been comfort eating since!

He can join Akinfenwa for pre-season work-outs.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale Jennings on 12:06 - Jun 10 with 8053 viewsBobbyjoe

Didn't he go to Bayern Munich, or was that some other Tranmere wunderkind I'm thinking of?
Dale Jennings on 13:16 - Jun 10 with 7914 viewsnordenblue

Dale Jennings on 12:06 - Jun 10 by Bobbyjoe

Didn't he go to Bayern Munich, or was that some other Tranmere wunderkind I'm thinking of?

Thats the one
Dale Jennings on 13:27 - Jun 10 with 7889 viewsolympicdale

Dale Jennings on 12:06 - Jun 10 by Bobbyjoe

Yup, and he ran off when he (big shock) realised he wasn't going to be a first teamer, Bayern saw him as a future star, and wanted to keep him, but he didn't want to wait.

Life is a game of fate.

Dale Jennings on 19:17 - Jun 10 with 7645 viewsKenBoon

Dale Jennings on 13:27 - Jun 10 by olympicdale

Yup, and he ran off when he (big shock) realised he wasn't going to be a first teamer, Bayern saw him as a future star, and wanted to keep him, but he didn't want to wait.

Kid moves from Tranmere to Bayern Munich and leaves because he wasn't in the first team? Sorry that's rubbish. I would suggest he was home sick or something.
Dale Jennings on 00:13 - Jun 11 with 7388 viewsolympicdale

Dale Jennings on 19:17 - Jun 10 by KenBoon

Kid moves from Tranmere to Bayern Munich and leaves because he wasn't in the first team? Sorry that's rubbish. I would suggest he was home sick or something.

He wasn't willing to wait and develop his game, clearly couldn't hack it.

Life is a game of fate.

Dale Jennings on 01:07 - Jun 11 with 7354 viewsKenBoon

Dale Jennings on 00:13 - Jun 11 by olympicdale

He wasn't willing to wait and develop his game, clearly couldn't hack it.

Oh so he didn't leave because he wasn't in the First Team then.
Dale Jennings on 11:35 - Jun 30 with 6903 viewslurker

Got a move to the Championship with MK Dons

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33326683
Dale Jennings on 12:06 - Jun 30 with 6827 viewsBarryStrange

Dale Jennings on 11:35 - Jun 30 by lurker

Got a move to the Championship with MK Dons

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33326683

So playing at a higher level than Barnsley then.
Dale Jennings on 13:49 - Jun 30 with 6611 viewsColDale

Dale Jennings on 12:06 - Jun 30 by BarryStrange

Given what's been said about him, I'm surprised he's signed for someone he's played under before. Shows there's something there and he's not just living off the Bayern Munich thing.
Dale Jennings on 14:06 - Jun 30 with 6561 viewsParkinsGimp

LOL more fool the daft scouser at MK dons. lucky escape for the Dale , but tehre are many other poor players floating around , lets see what our wage structure brings in?
Dale Jennings on 15:03 - Jun 30 with 6478 viewsdingdangblue

Dale Jennings on 14:06 - Jun 30 by ParkinsGimp

LOL more fool the daft scouser at MK dons. lucky escape for the Dale , but tehre are many other poor players floating around , lets see what our wage structure brings in?

Feck me - your positivity didn't last long! I wasn't particularly thrilled with us signing Craig Dawson from Radcliffe, Scott Hogan from Hyde, Done from Hereford or Vincenti from Aldershot , selling Alf and replacing him with a loan player who couldn't get in Oldham's team but I trust Hill to get his players more right than wrong most of the time - whatever wage they are on.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dale Jennings on 18:52 - Jun 30 with 6322 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dale Jennings on 12:06 - Jun 30 by BarryStrange

If he plays, aye. And a higher level? Aye, for now.

I really enjoyed watching Jennings play for about 6 weeks of his 104 weeks at the club, he was a joy to behold, lean, quick and a terrific shot on him. The other 98 weeks he couldn't even stay healthy, was very overweight (acknowledged by Flicker, Danny and LJ) and when he did 'play' it was embarrassing.

However, the lad had that 6 weeks of splendour after returning from a loan spell at MK Dons and Karl Robinson, the same bloke who coached him in the Liverpool academy. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to have a decent career. Some players just need a fresh start.

I won't wish him good luck, because he pinched a living here. And neither can I wish that franchise luck either. I hope they finish bottom of the league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024