Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. 15:36 - Aug 29 with 4412 viewsjokerthief

Rochdale Cowboys!!
Have been trying to book myself & 92yo father(probably Barnsley's Oldest active fan!!) in the Hospitality at Rochdale (which we have enjoyed before). email frances@rochdaleafc.co.uk it said - Bounced back to me via Mailer Daemon. Ring Frances it said on 01706 753581. I did and it went to Voicemail! She did ring back earlier in the week to say she's been on holiday(message left on MY voicemail). I've rung back countless times since then to book (don't even know the cost yet!), and left 4 MESSAGES. Guess what - No response was the answer. I even emailed or tried to, their Chief Executive/Secretary Colin Garlick guess what - that bounced back also. So we're not going - cue Big Disappointment for Father - it's his only pleasure now - watching his beloved Reds!
On Monday I will be sending a snail mail letter of complaint to Mr Garlick but I can just imagine what the response would be(if they can be bothered replying). I know we all whinge about our offerings from Oakwell, but be thankful they're not as 3rd rate as Rochdale. If ever a team deserved to be in the lower league it's them. I despise the way some clubs treat their fans and even worse with Away fans. I just hope we stuff em good and proper today!
Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 15:50 - Aug 29 with 4332 viewsLuke8686

well you've made a good start...
Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 17:11 - Aug 29 with 4164 viewsjokerthief

I just saw this on a Barnsley forum site...Just makes Rochdale look incompetent , negligent or downright careless....I do not think we can afford to lose paying customers .
Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:07 - Aug 29 with 3936 viewsDaleaholic

So f**king what. If they wanted hospitality, why didn't they just speak to the switchboard/office, who would've been able to point them in the right direction in Frances' absence. Why do people have to be spoon fed all the time? Learn some common sense ffs.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:10 - Aug 29 with 3892 viewsD_Alien

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:07 - Aug 29 by Daleaholic

So f**king what. If they wanted hospitality, why didn't they just speak to the switchboard/office, who would've been able to point them in the right direction in Frances' absence. Why do people have to be spoon fed all the time? Learn some common sense ffs.

My thoughts exactly.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:14 - Aug 29 with 3863 viewsScunnydale

Sounds like we did them a favour.
Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:26 - Aug 29 with 3768 viewsTVOS1907

When did this allegedly occur?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:31 - Aug 29 with 3719 viewsDalenet

our incompetence has meant they missed a treat.

They could have choked on their prawn sandwich
Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:40 - Aug 29 with 3645 viewsD_Alien

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:26 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

When did this allegedly occur?

jokerthief posts this at 15.36 just as we're going 2 up at home... hmmm

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:54 - Aug 29 with 3556 viewslove_the_dale

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:07 - Aug 29 by Daleaholic

From the club's website -

Hospitality

Matchday Hospitality is a fantastic day out and a great way to entertain customers, employees, friends and family.

We have a full range of packages available starting from just £32 per person and both Executive Box and Main Stand packages.

For more information on any of our sponsorship / hospitality packages please contact:

Frances Fielding, Sales & Marketing Manager, Rochdale AFC

Tel: 01706 753581 Email: frances@rochdaleafc.co.uk

The OP is right to highlight the problem and I have every sympathy for the Barnsley supporter. I am also dismayed by the lack of sympathy showed towards him here.
Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:58 - Aug 29 with 3519 viewsDaleaholic

But can you not see the lack of common sense? If you can't get in touch with the person you need to, you try other contacts in the same workplace...

No sympathy whatsoever.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 19:22 - Aug 29 with 3398 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 18:58 - Aug 29 by Daleaholic

But can you not see the lack of common sense? If you can't get in touch with the person you need to, you try other contacts in the same workplace...

No sympathy whatsoever.

He did.......he contacted Colin Garlick

Poor Form.
Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 19:33 - Aug 29 with 3355 viewsChaffRAFC

The only thing I'll say on this is that I email Colin Garlick from time to time and he's ALWAYS replied to me, and believe me, I can be a mithering pain in the arse.

I suspect, given that both emails bounced that there's something wrong with the person's email account, or they've made an error in the email address. I've never had a problem contacting someone from the club.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 19:59 - Aug 29 with 3263 viewslove_the_dale

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 19:33 - Aug 29 by ChaffRAFC

The only thing I'll say on this is that I email Colin Garlick from time to time and he's ALWAYS replied to me, and believe me, I can be a mithering pain in the arse.

I suspect, given that both emails bounced that there's something wrong with the person's email account, or they've made an error in the email address. I've never had a problem contacting someone from the club.

I have to agree with this. Colin always replies to my emails too. However, I have to say, I still cannot believe the lack of humanity shown to this guy, who was so looking forward to a good day out and to treating his father. Plus we have lost some good will and some (ok, comparitively small) income.
Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 20:16 - Aug 29 with 3183 viewsCamdenDale

Wind up.
Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 01:15 - Aug 30 with 2926 viewsTVOS1907

Missing Barnsley fans....Not Good. on 19:22 - Aug 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

He did.......he contacted Colin Garlick

Poor Form.

But we don't do if he did or not, or if there were email problems, etc.

Until the OP comes back with the full details of how this unfolded, I remain sceptical.

As Chaff said, Colin is excellent at responding to all forms of communication from many different people (I can vouch for this having contacted him hundreds of times over the years), while Frances is also prompt and reliable in her responses.

Something doesn't add up here and my guess is email issues.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024