Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! 17:06 - Nov 24 with 985 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Just in case some of you had forgotten how to support the team...

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 17:09 - Nov 24 with 978 viewsBarsidepete

No! I know!

I even predicted 2-0 in Daniels's PL. Moncur for the first. Positively optimistic today. No problem.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 20:46 - Nov 24 with 947 viewsdurham_exile

The problem is not supporting the team that goes without saying.

The difficulty that I have is TH doesn't instil confidence or belief!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:13 - Nov 24 with 945 viewsdurham_exile

Not a night for the faint hearted or for those of a nervous disposition
2-1 too close for comfort

Up the U's

Durham_exile

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:24 - Nov 24 with 941 viewsdurham_exile

Absolute rubbish
Come on the U's

Now 2-2

Durham_exile

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:29 - Nov 24 with 935 viewsdurham_exile

TH has made no substitutions

Thrown away a two goal lead (again)

This really is dire

Humes must go

On a different subject sky are showing every goal from league one except from the WHCS

Come on Col U

Durham_exile

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:31 - Nov 24 with 933 viewsdurham_exile

Any chance of bringing Bonne on

Durham_exile

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:34 - Nov 24 with 931 viewsdurham_exile

Yes TH has brought on but incredibly takes Porter off

And guess who lost tonight Millwall

Hume out

Durham_exile

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:37 - Nov 24 with 927 viewsdurham_exile

I have no words

Humes must go tonight

This is a shambles

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:38 - Nov 24 with 924 viewsgerry_us

Sorry state of affairs when we can let the lowest scorers in the league put two past us...so far

Sorry, meant to say THREE!

Management resignation coming this evening...you heard it here first. PLEASE!
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 21:40]
COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:41 - Nov 24 with 914 viewsdurham_exile

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:38 - Nov 24 by gerry_us

Sorry state of affairs when we can let the lowest scorers in the league put two past us...so far

Sorry, meant to say THREE!

Management resignation coming this evening...you heard it here first. PLEASE!
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 21:40]

Gerry check the resultswehave lostagain to Crewe

7 successive games against Crewe

Simply shocking

Durham_exile

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:41 - Nov 24 with 914 viewscarruthers

Hume blaming the players after Millwall, I am sorry but he has to go. Only he is to blame, it is up to him to motivate players
COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:44 - Nov 24 with 909 viewswessex_exile

Well that's that I'm afraid - 2-0 up, lost 3-2. I have been steadfast in my backing of Tony Humes, and I genuinely believe he has built an excellent Colchester United side, who really are better than current performance suggests, but I now have to question whether he's the right person to take the club forward. The players have to take their responsibility in all of this, but football demands that the sacrifices at the altar of success have to start with the manager, and I would imagine Robbie really has no choice now.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:45 - Nov 24 with 907 viewsSector4

His time is up, there are no further excuses.
COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:50 - Nov 24 with 898 viewsthrillseeker

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 21:44 - Nov 24 by wessex_exile

Well that's that I'm afraid - 2-0 up, lost 3-2. I have been steadfast in my backing of Tony Humes, and I genuinely believe he has built an excellent Colchester United side, who really are better than current performance suggests, but I now have to question whether he's the right person to take the club forward. The players have to take their responsibility in all of this, but football demands that the sacrifices at the altar of success have to start with the manager, and I would imagine Robbie really has no choice now.

That's the weird thing. I think we have a good squad but there is obviously something not happening.

See you at Burton Saturday

I forgot to add HUMES OUT
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 21:51]
COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 22:42 - Nov 24 with 843 viewsDaniel

We have a squad good enough to win promotion, and I thank Humes for that, but he's absolutely friggin clueless at everything else.

I'll be at Burton calling for Humes to go, but hopefully Robbie Cowling will have saved me the effort by then.
COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 23:07 - Nov 24 with 817 viewsFruitbat

Do not let the fact that we were 2-0 up colour your view of ths game. This was woeful. Crewe had already hit the post twice and, on another day, could have been 4-0 before we scored. 2-3 flatters us. There is no spark, no shape, no movement off the ball. Don't just blame the defence, for a side supposedly blessed with pace our build up is horribly pedestrian and the quality of the ball into the box is awful.

On the way home I heard Mr Humes on the radio. He's clearly run out of explanations and excuses so now it is apparently the fault of the supporters who turned up "wanting the team to fail". I have been watching Colchester United since 1976, I was 9 years old and hooked from the off. I have supported them through not very much thick and and an awful lot of thin and I have no illusions about what to expect. I have never turned up "wanting the team to fail". I didn't turn up tonight "wanting the team to fail". I turned up tonight thinking that this was our chance to get some points on the board and maintain a bit of a gap between us and the bottom four. I turned up expecting the team to put in a shift and grab that opportunity. Instead I was served up with this. I don't want the team to fail Mr Humes but they are and you are the cause.

Rant over.
COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 23:10 - Nov 24 with 810 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I, like the players themselves, just can't defend that.

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 23:15 - Nov 24 with 804 viewsLeadbelly

We led 1-0 at half time but could have been dead and buried. Crewe hit the post twice and missed two really good chances in the first half.

2-0 up early second half and I turned to a friend and said "bet we lose this 3-2". It was meant to be a joke...but i'm not laughing.

Three points is no more than Crewe deserved but Humes certainly helped them. Why ask Marriott and Massey to swap wings? They both disappeared. Why take off Porter, move Massey to midfield and play Bonne out wide? More players out of position when we needed to get a goal. Where was Sordell? Nobody seemed to think he was injured. Another fallout with the manager?

Like others I think we have a decent squad. Sadly we also have a manager who it seems to me has lost the dressing room and has no idea how to change things for the better.

Tonight was a new low. I don't believe the chairman can't see how bad things have become or that he is unaware of how the majority of fans are feeling. Loyalty to your employees is laudable but not if it means they are allowed to destroy the club. FFS Mr Cowling, don't let Hume's f**k up all you've worked for. Act now before it's too late.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 08:40 - Nov 25 with 735 viewsAFCMorant

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 23:10 - Nov 24 by RSCOSWORTH

I, like the players themselves, just can't defend that.

!!!!!And what exactly is the difference between you accusing us of forgetting how to support the team and Humes saying we don't support the team?
Humes out.
COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 10:13 - Nov 25 with 715 viewsBlueStripes

There's nothing much to add to this thread except to say pathetic, woeful, dire and above all, embarrassing! This club will be playing League 2 football in front of 1500 people next season unless Cowling pulls his finger out of his a*se and gets rid of the clueless Humes before we get cut adrift at the foot of the table. Don't forget Crewe had scored just 2 goals in their previous 7 matches and are rock bottom of the division but rattled in 3 goals in half an hour against our laughable so-called defence last night and could have had 2 or 3 more.

If Humes isn't sacked by the end of the week then Cowling is obviously going to stick with him which means bye bye to League 1 and, to be honest, I think we'd struggle in League 2 as well.

HUMES OUT!
COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 10:15 - Nov 25 with 715 viewsRSCOSWORTH

COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! COME ON COL U! on 08:40 - Nov 25 by AFCMorant

!!!!!And what exactly is the difference between you accusing us of forgetting how to support the team and Humes saying we don't support the team?
Humes out.

I said "Just in case...". It was meant to be a positive message for the fans to get behind the team as there's been a lot of negativity on here recently. If you think chanting for the manager to be sacked and booing the players is a positive thing to do then that's your lookout.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024