Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humes gone 20:33 - Nov 26 with 788 viewsnoah4x4

Well folks, you have your wish. What next?

12 months ago Humes made some fantastic signings to temporarily sort out our defence and keep us up. He then made some awesome forward signings in the Summer transfer window to give us the most exciting forward line in many years. Walker gets injured, Parrish doesnt deliver, so he secures Jamie Jones in goal. Humes knows where to source talent.

Then yet again an even worse injury crisis wrecks our defence. The absence of Brindley and KVY being our primary weakness. I would have backed him to make further quality defensive signings in the next transfer window that will open soon. Instead fans drive him to resignation, just as they did Dunne, and probably the next and his successor.

I predict we will be in exactly the same position in 12 months time; and probably again after 24, 36, 48 if this merry go round of managers doesnt stop. We need continuity over at least three transfer windows. But will we give the next incumbent time? I doubt it.....
Humes gone on 22:34 - Nov 26 with 734 viewswessex_exile

In my opinion Tony Humes has laid the foundations of potentially a very good team, playing the right way and with a good mix of experience and youth. However, as I said in the heat of the moment on Tuesday night, I did think he'd reached a point that the problems weren't being fixed and it was time to move on. I don't think anyone takes on the job of a football manager with the intention of failure, and I have absolutely no doubt that had he been afforded more time he may have pulled it around, but when the gamble was survival or relegation, I can't personally justify the gamble.

Next? It would seem to be an appointment from within, but whoever it is my primary concern is a result at Burton, and more importantly (potentially) progression to the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

You're probably right in many respects Noah, this time next year I doubt too much will have changed, but if the new manager (whomsoever it may be) is given enough time to work with the talent we have, then maybe the continuity (I hope) we all crave will come, and the results will follow...

Up the U's folks, people come and people go, but thank god Colchester United will live on!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Humes gone on 23:41 - Nov 26 with 712 viewsdurham_exile

TH had to go; his comments about the team, his inability to make telling substitutions during matches, his inability to manage the players, his failure to utilise the squad properly and towards the end his desire to blame the supporters for his inadequacies was disgraceful.

We now move on as a club and look to move up the table starting with three points at Burton. TH was taking the team down to league two, we now start to build for the future.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Humes gone on 23:45 - Nov 26 with 711 viewsLeadbelly

Part of the problem is we could all see he made some very good signings but he wasn't getting the best out of them. Identifying talent is one thing, using it is another. We were going backwards and he sealed his fate with ill advised comments.

I'm very disappointed the chairman wants to appoint another manager from current coaches. It may work but I fear it's an opportunity missed.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Humes gone on 17:50 - Nov 27 with 648 viewsSector4

Humes is excellent at player development, I would have liked him to return to the academy like Adams at Norwich after his failure as manager. As a tactician Humes was totally inept. Cowling said maybe he set him up to fail, he was right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024