Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kevin Keen 13:43 - Jan 26 with 1070 viewsRSCOSWORTH

P 6
W 0
D 2
L 4
F 3
A 10

Hardly makes for inspiring reading. He's picking virtually the same XI players as both Brown and Humes and the team is playing in a similar formation.

There are a number of players that have appeared in every game or a least most of them during this dreadful run in the league. Is it not time for them to make way? As something's obviously not working at the moment.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Kevin Keen on 13:56 - Jan 26 with 1065 viewsLeadbelly

I've not seen any of the away games but against Charlton and Sheffield Utd I thought we played 4-4-2. Narrower but looked more solid than under Humes. Seemed to revert to one up front against Fleetwood.

Nothing is working terribly well at the moment. He's brought in 3 new players. Keen doesn't look any better than Parrish and we haven't seen much of Lee so far. I hope he picks Shorey at left back on Saturday. Whilst Briggs appears comfortable going forward he is a liability when expected to defend.

I think KK has an enormous task on his hands to avoid relegation. My own view it was already too late long before Humes left (would he still be manager if he hadn't had a go at the fans?) I saw one pre-season game, against Orient. The back four was a shambles that day and, sadly, hasn't looked much different for most of the season.

Is there the quality in the squad to allow KK to make changes and win games consistently? I suspect not.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Kevin Keen on 14:04 - Jan 26 with 1061 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Kevin Keen on 13:56 - Jan 26 by Leadbelly

I've not seen any of the away games but against Charlton and Sheffield Utd I thought we played 4-4-2. Narrower but looked more solid than under Humes. Seemed to revert to one up front against Fleetwood.

Nothing is working terribly well at the moment. He's brought in 3 new players. Keen doesn't look any better than Parrish and we haven't seen much of Lee so far. I hope he picks Shorey at left back on Saturday. Whilst Briggs appears comfortable going forward he is a liability when expected to defend.

I think KK has an enormous task on his hands to avoid relegation. My own view it was already too late long before Humes left (would he still be manager if he hadn't had a go at the fans?) I saw one pre-season game, against Orient. The back four was a shambles that day and, sadly, hasn't looked much different for most of the season.

Is there the quality in the squad to allow KK to make changes and win games consistently? I suspect not.

I think if you pick two strikers then let them play as two strikers. Does Moncur lose some of his impact playing wide? Sordell is not a wide man, why play him there?

If Humes hadn't had a go at the fans then I believe he'd still be in charge and we might not be in the dire situation that we currently find ourselves in.

I know people had their issues with Humes but no-one can deny that we played some great football under him. Especially towards the end of last season and for a few games this season.

The defence has obviously been a massive problem this season and I don't understand why it's so bad. Are we missing Walker that badly? Is there no leader back there? Is there a leader on the pitch at all?

Kevin Keen on 14:36 - Jan 26 with 1056 viewsbwildered

What worries me is that consectutive managers keep playing forwards Bonne then Sordell wide berth, why ? Let the wide men in Massey and Wright do that job , let's face it Murphy and Harriott have shown then what is required wide in this division .
The two full backs signed preseason are unconvincing in defensive duties and constantly never physically strong enough .
Big Sam has been a great loss at the back in dominating the area, which helps the centre halfs considerably in their duties .
The big question is, has Keen got enough experience to organize a promotion campaign ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Kevin Keen on 14:09 - Jan 27 with 986 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Kevin Keen on 14:36 - Jan 26 by bwildered

What worries me is that consectutive managers keep playing forwards Bonne then Sordell wide berth, why ? Let the wide men in Massey and Wright do that job , let's face it Murphy and Harriott have shown then what is required wide in this division .
The two full backs signed preseason are unconvincing in defensive duties and constantly never physically strong enough .
Big Sam has been a great loss at the back in dominating the area, which helps the centre halfs considerably in their duties .
The big question is, has Keen got enough experience to organize a promotion campaign ?

I completely agree. We seem to be getting narrower and narrower but our best results have come when we've played with width and pace.

I'd give Wright a run in the side and maybe even push Briggs to left midfield.

Kevin Keen on 08:34 - Jan 28 with 932 viewsAFCMorant

And according to our estuary friends this is what will befall us..........
http://southendnewsnetwork.com/news/colchester-united-to-be-double-relegated-fa-
Kevin Keen on 09:33 - Jan 28 with 921 viewsburnsieespana

Kevin Keen on 08:34 - Jan 28 by AFCMorant

http://southendnewsnetwork.com/news/colchester-united-to-be-double-relegated-fa-

Ha Ha! Liked the bit about the takeover by the Quartie millinaire!
Kevin Keen on 14:19 - Jan 28 with 902 viewsdurham_exile

Kevin Keen on 08:34 - Jan 28 by AFCMorant

http://southendnewsnetwork.com/news/shoppers-horror/

Scummend just about sums them up!

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024