Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? 13:10 - Feb 7 with 2068 viewsBlueStripes

Doesn't look like they're going to win any more matches this season so it all depends on whether they can get 8 draws from the remaining 17 matches. With only 6 points gained from the last 19 matches, it doesn't look likely
Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 15:58 - Feb 7 with 2028 viewsgerry_us

Good to see you are fully backing the team!
Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 16:23 - Feb 7 with 2018 viewsthrillseeker

Of course we will reach 30 points
Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 16:41 - Feb 7 with 2011 viewsAFCMorant

Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 16:23 - Feb 7 by thrillseeker

Of course we will reach 30 points

The trouble is when
Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 16:55 - Feb 7 with 2005 viewsthrillseeker

Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 16:41 - Feb 7 by AFCMorant

The trouble is when

He didn't ask when but I will say by 14 March 2016 we will have reached 30 points
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 16:55]
Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 17:04 - Feb 7 with 1997 viewscarruthers

Life goes by in cycles, the U's will go down and then go up again, Norwich will go down and then up again, Ipswich will try to go up [but fail hopefully], if the U's make a go of staying up gates will go rise as a relegation fight creates interest, if they go down a promotion fight creates interest. It is the mid table teams that are boring their fans and the U's are never that. I have every faith in Keen to keep things interesting
Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 10:47 - Feb 8 with 1913 viewsdurham_exile

Not only will they reach 30 points but they can still achieve 51 points.

They do however have to win the next two home games to have any realistic chance.

Keep the faith and support your club.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 11:34 - Feb 8 with 1910 viewsnoah4x4

Frankly, I think it's too late. But relegation is possibly now the best thing to happen to us. It will stimulate a long overdue readjustment of fan expectation.

Just consider average attendances; visit http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leagueone/attendances
Now consider the FL1 league table;

Of course, there are bound to be a few exceptions (like Burton). But Is it any coincidence that the teams occupying the top half and bottom half of each table are similar? Today, results are far too much dependent on playing budget. This is the inevitability of the Financial Fair Play Rules. Note that Bury got off to as flyer and are in free fall as they don't have cash to spend. Blackpool got off to a stinker; but are still enjoying Premier League parachute payments so could turn things around. Wigan also still have Premier League support. By contrast, our gates are 20th, and it is no surprise that is where we keep ending up. But this year our luck might have run out.

But now look at league Two average attendances;
http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leaguetwo/attendances
It is largely the same pattern with the best supported teams at the top end.

I reckon we can add 500 to our average gate simply because we will regularly play southern teams. So if our 2016-17 gate is 4,500; we might expect to be top ten Division Two. That has been our natural position across our history. We have had a good run. now let's sit back and enjoy football at our inevitable FFP budget linked level.
Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 12:27 - Feb 8 with 1894 viewsLeadbelly

Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 11:34 - Feb 8 by noah4x4

Frankly, I think it's too late. But relegation is possibly now the best thing to happen to us. It will stimulate a long overdue readjustment of fan expectation.

Just consider average attendances; visit http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leagueone/attendances
Now consider the FL1 league table;

Of course, there are bound to be a few exceptions (like Burton). But Is it any coincidence that the teams occupying the top half and bottom half of each table are similar? Today, results are far too much dependent on playing budget. This is the inevitability of the Financial Fair Play Rules. Note that Bury got off to as flyer and are in free fall as they don't have cash to spend. Blackpool got off to a stinker; but are still enjoying Premier League parachute payments so could turn things around. Wigan also still have Premier League support. By contrast, our gates are 20th, and it is no surprise that is where we keep ending up. But this year our luck might have run out.

But now look at league Two average attendances;
http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leaguetwo/attendances
It is largely the same pattern with the best supported teams at the top end.

I reckon we can add 500 to our average gate simply because we will regularly play southern teams. So if our 2016-17 gate is 4,500; we might expect to be top ten Division Two. That has been our natural position across our history. We have had a good run. now let's sit back and enjoy football at our inevitable FFP budget linked level.

I think we are doomed this season. Whether crowds will improve in League 2 is anyone's guess. What doesn't put bums on seats is an annual diet of relegation battles.

As for fans expectations, would they be realistic? I suspect a lot of people will expect immediate promotion. I think that will be way beyond us as I think we will lose quite a few players...Moncur, Gilbey, Massey, Walker, Eastman etc.

I just hope we win home games next season on a regular basis. Three and a half months since the last league win is ridiculous. I'd happily trade the three wins in the cup for three league wins.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 12:50 - Feb 8 with 1885 viewsDaniel

Attendances if/when we drop to League 2 will depend entirely on the club's pricing structure.

Even though we offer under 11s free (only in part of the East stand) and early discounts, I still think the whole pricing set-up at the club is wrong and that will have to change to a cheaper and simpler arrangement.
Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 13:01 - Feb 8 with 1881 viewsnoah4x4

I sat in the West Stand Upper at Stamford Bridge yesterday for the visit of Manure and despite being just one row and twenty seats short of being the furthest Spectator from the pitch my ticket price was £82. Suppose I did get a decent view unlike at Roots Hall. Liverpool fans are protesting at £77. I can't see prices at WHCS falling, but I can perhaps see more fans of big clubs being more selective and instead trying their "local" team.
Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 14:26 - Feb 8 with 1859 viewsburnsieespana

Imo relagation this season a nailed on certainty so I think we need to be giving as much experience as possible to our youngsters to see what they are made of.
As regards crowds next year, I think it all depends upon how we perform, ie if near the top they will stay much as they are now or even improve considering a lot more southern based teams in Div 2.
Can't really see prices going down.
Will Colchester reach 30 points this season? on 18:33 - Feb 8 with 1830 viewsGate16

Never mind about the Tottenham match, the next two home games are our Cup Finals.
Unless we win them both or take 4 points at the minimum, I think that's game over.
But if we can still be in touch after these, where there's hope and all that.
I really don't buy all the FP stuff. What about Bournemouth or in our own division, Burton or Rochdale ? Sure, it's very difficult but I just can't think relegation is ever a good idea. You run the risk of relegation from any division, who's to say we won't struggle in L2 ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024