Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket renewals? 12:26 - Apr 18 with 1587 viewsBlueStripes

How many of you will be renewing your season tickets next season for League 2 football? I got myself a 12 match pack this season (and I couldn't be arsed to attend many of those post Christmas!) but with the stadium likely to be three-quarters empty next season, I can't see the point really.
Season ticket renewals? on 13:52 - Apr 18 with 1569 viewsLeadbelly

This was a topic of some debate before and after the Peterborough match. Of the group of five, including myself, with whom i attend, three will definitely renew, one will renew if ST prices fall and the other, who travels from West London every game, will buy 6 match ST.

If there is no reduction in ST prices there is almost certain to be a drop in ST renewals. It's inconceivable that anyone will fail to get a ticket for any match they wish to attend so there will be less incentive to renew for some.

I will renew but it's mainly a social thing rather than the football.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Season ticket renewals? on 14:22 - Apr 18 with 1557 viewsBarsidepete

Of Course will be flying back across the pond to watch our beloved U's. The Wessie will be one of the largest attended in L2.

Scenario: The U's win most and that won't hurt 😃

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Season ticket renewals? on 14:43 - Apr 18 with 1561 viewsthrillseeker

I haven't had a ST since 2010 due to the birth of 2 little ones but I will probably be getting a ST next season.

It will depend on price and whether both, one or neither not so little ones anymore wish to come along.
Season ticket renewals? on 14:55 - Apr 18 with 1557 viewspwrightsknees

I bought a season ticket this season for the first time in 4 years, because I was impressed with our record in the last 10 matches of last season, and was looking for something brighter.

Unfortunately, I suffer from C.O.P.D. (look it up), so breathing in cold air for 90 minutes at football matches isn't good for me, so I haven't been recently. Watching the U's performances this season has also ben bad for my health.

I've not said too much on this about recent performances, as I think it inappropriate if I haven't actually been there.

So, I'm unlikely to renew my ticket next season, wherever we end up this. However, I will go on a match-by-match basis during the more clement weather.

Up the U's.
Season ticket renewals? on 15:21 - Apr 18 with 1552 viewswessex_exile

For obvious reasons I've never had a season ticket, but I won't let being in League 2 stop me from attending my usual 10-12 per season...though most of those will be away-days.

On the subject of attendance, I'm not so sure it will dip appreciably to be honest, particularly if prices actually come down. Obviously I'm assuming we actually start regularly winning a few matches (which granted is a dangerous assumption), but there's some fairly well supported teams likely to be in that league next season, and quite a few reasonably local derbies as well.

Within relatively easy reach of the SW, I'm personally looking forward to such possibles as Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Wimbledon, Wycombe, Exeter, Orient, Crawley, Yeovil, Newport, Cheltenham and Forest Green being on the cards, and to be honest Cambridge, Luton, Barnet and Stevenage aren't exactly a trek either. Oxford and Wimbledon (at their new homes), Newport and Forest Green will be new grounds too.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Season ticket renewals? on 16:03 - Apr 18 with 1544 viewsbwildered

Will renew , been in L2 / D4 before ( and lower ! - gulp ).

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Season ticket renewals? on 17:57 - Apr 18 with 1531 viewsdurham_exile

I have not had a season ticket for many years.

My round trip to the WHCS is 520 miles, so I attend mainly Away matches normally 12-15 per season.

Over the years since 1972 I have "enjoyed" Conference, Division 4, Division 3, League 1 and of course the Championship!

I am not however looking forward to League Two football next year (if we dont get the 50 points that might yet be enough!!!!) because the majority of teams are southern based.

However - Carlisle, Mansfield Town, Hartlepool, Notts County, Morecambe, Accrington Stanley, Crewe, Blackpool, Doncaster or possibly Shrewsbury could be on the cards.

But I would still prefer Bolton, Barnsley, Rochdale, Sheffield Utd, Scunny, Port Vale, Coventry, Bury, Chesterfield, Oldham and even Fleetwood Town!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Season ticket renewals? on 19:05 - Apr 18 with 1515 viewsLeadbelly

Season ticket renewals? on 14:22 - Apr 18 by Barsidepete

Of Course will be flying back across the pond to watch our beloved U's. The Wessie will be one of the largest attended in L2.

Scenario: The U's win most and that won't hurt 😃

Our average attendance this season would rank 11th in League 2. What makes you think we will boast one of League 2's attendance's next season?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket renewals? on 20:53 - Apr 18 with 1494 viewsBarsidepete

Season ticket renewals? on 19:05 - Apr 18 by Leadbelly

Our average attendance this season would rank 11th in League 2. What makes you think we will boast one of League 2's attendance's next season?

Silly optimism, Lead.

Winning and threatening to be in the playoffs cures a lot of ills.

Season ticket renewals? on 07:14 - Apr 19 with 1465 viewsSector4

I will be renewing assuming 12 packs are still an option.
Season ticket renewals? on 12:16 - Apr 19 with 1446 viewsnoah4x4

This might startle a few people;....

I might NOT renew my annual season ticket for the first time in a decade and instead get a flexible 12 pack then a 6 pack (Mrs Noah says she wishes I had the latter). No, this isn't any reduction in my passionate loyalty, it is simply about economics and cash flow.

1. Given vacations and illness, I miss enough home fixtures to not benefit fully from the (annual) ST discount. Other clubs offer lower prices and far greater incentives for a FULL seasons commitment (see 3).

2. It seems to me that 6 & 12 pack holders have now been given almost the same benefits as a full ST. Example; if I want an FA Cup ticket; with a 12 pack all I have to do is wait an extra day and still be guaranteed one! The price differential between them must be enlarged by reducing Full ST prices.

3. OK, one does get a £40 shop voucher; but given our annual ST's typically cost £40 more than at other clubs is that a big deal? I am not one that must buy the new kit every season.

In summary, I am looking for a bit of innovation to restore the advantage and properly incentivise FULL annual season ticket holders. My guess is that early cash flow might even be an issue for the club if others are considering this step (unless we sell some player assets!). A 12 then 6 match ticket deal is just too good to miss if you can't attend 15% of home matches. Sort this out Mr Waddington?
Season ticket renewals? on 12:18 - Apr 19 with 1444 viewsDaniel

I have no reason not to renew, so will. I will however the thoroughly pissed off if the club don't reduce prices for League 2.
Season ticket renewals? on 17:35 - Apr 19 with 1399 viewsBarsidepete

Season ticket renewals? on 12:18 - Apr 19 by Daniel

I have no reason not to renew, so will. I will however the thoroughly pissed off if the club don't reduce prices for League 2.

Daniel, for some reason I never saw it that way in the past few months.

Reduce prices.

If the supporters are indirectly owners by attending, the price can stay the same for sides or behind the goal. But then, if Mr. Cowling doesn't spend money on the club he will have this:

A club that will be so devalued he lost his chance to sell 1 or 2 years ago.
A stadium that sits empty for most of the year.
Players depart for League 1 clubs.
Cowling will have run the club into the ground with potentially the Conference looming.

Cowling? You prick,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024