Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disgrace 17:31 - Aug 27 with 42788 viewsKnowlesy

Hill's reaction to the fans after our equaliser today is the final straw for me. Dunno if it's still at the point where I'll get slagged off for this but an own goal / straight from the corner / whatever it was does not justify 90 minutes of absolute sludge nor does it make me feel any better about the season ahead. We needed to win today to bring the fans back onside and I've always defended Hill because of what he's done for the club, don't get me wrong we have come a long, long way under his management but for me he can go after his reaction to the fans today.

Turning round and giving it both barrels to the crowd after we've scored because they had a go after sending Logan back into his goal is unacceptable, he had no other thought in his mind after that goal other than getting one over on those paying fans. The first time in my life that I've actually been angrier after we've scored a goal and if a manager can do that then it's not a good show. Looking very grim after that performance.
Disgrace on 17:38 - Aug 27 with 13116 viewsMoonyDale

You're gonna get slated for that post I would imagine, great manager he may be but he's thoroughly dislikeable.

I'd like to hear both sides before commenting on what happened today though......after all he isn't paid to be liked...just to manage.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Disgrace on 17:38 - Aug 27 with 13106 viewsDaleFan7

We all know that when it comes to interaction with fans Hill is a grade A w*nker!
Disgrace on 17:42 - Aug 27 with 13020 viewsRotherhamDale

Disgrace on 17:38 - Aug 27 by DaleFan7

We all know that when it comes to interaction with fans Hill is a grade A w*nker!

I doubt that it's exclusive to the interaction with fans...

Possession with progression.

Disgrace on 17:43 - Aug 27 with 12992 viewsKnowlesy

Disgrace on 17:38 - Aug 27 by MoonyDale

You're gonna get slated for that post I would imagine, great manager he may be but he's thoroughly dislikeable.

I'd like to hear both sides before commenting on what happened today though......after all he isn't paid to be liked...just to manage.

The difference is we've always been able to look at positives on the pitch or at least noises from the dressing room to be positive, always turned a blind eye to his attitude because of performances and overachieving and I know it's early in the season but watching that today I honestly don't know where we can go with the options that we have currently. I can't see him making any more signings that are going to really impact the squad and he shouldn't be able to run the club for life. His interview the other day where he said 'whatever tune i'm singing everybody has to sing, fans directors chairman'. surely he should be singing the directors' tune.
Disgrace on 17:44 - Aug 27 with 12972 viewsBigKindo

Double post
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 17:45]
Disgrace on 17:44 - Aug 27 with 12952 viewsBigKindo

It actually started before the corner. Encouraged by the crowd Logan was moving forward to get involved. Hilly stopped him and the crowd were not happy. Then Hill kicked off and of course as they say the rest is history. It then continued after we scored.
Disgrace on 17:49 - Aug 27 with 12872 viewsShun

Can the man just not wear headphones or ear muffs all match please? He's a proud man who seems to take personally any slight against his team or tactics. The vast majority of the crowd are behind him and always will be but the few murmurings of discontent will never ever be silenced. Hill needs to either learn to not let them bother him, or go all Odysseus and stick some beeswax in his ears for the entire 90 minutes.
Disgrace on 17:55 - Aug 27 with 12770 viewsolympicdale

I can't comment on any fan 'interaction' but it wouldn't surprise me, Hill is a pr1ck when it comes to dealing with the fans. I don't see why he wanted to keep Logan back, it ultimately didn't matter, we got very, very lucky, Wimbledon did well, though, they only had to turn up to win that game (almost)

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Disgrace on 17:56 - Aug 27 with 12748 viewsNinco

Disgrace on 17:49 - Aug 27 by Shun

Can the man just not wear headphones or ear muffs all match please? He's a proud man who seems to take personally any slight against his team or tactics. The vast majority of the crowd are behind him and always will be but the few murmurings of discontent will never ever be silenced. Hill needs to either learn to not let them bother him, or go all Odysseus and stick some beeswax in his ears for the entire 90 minutes.

There are a few fans sat near Hill who are very vocal and they seem to moan about the negatives a lot so I can understand Hill getting frustrated but he is in a position where he needs to keep his feelings to himself and in any other job if someone did that to a fan, they would be sacked. Judging by the directors response after the game which was to get the fans moved on rather than deal with theur questions I expect they will sweep this incident under the carpet, but that wont achieve anything for either side.
Disgrace on 17:57 - Aug 27 with 12710 viewsBrierls

Good riddance. Not to Hill, but to fans who feel it is their duty to moan and hurl abuse at every opportunity.

I would genuinely prefer they take their money elsewhere. I come to Dale because I love the club, and this board of directors and manager have overseen the best period of my Dale supporting life. Moaning arseholes with nothing better to do than shout abuse at the manager and players offer me no pleasure whatsoever.
Disgrace on 18:12 - Aug 27 with 12544 viewsTalkingSutty

Disgrace on 17:43 - Aug 27 by Knowlesy

The difference is we've always been able to look at positives on the pitch or at least noises from the dressing room to be positive, always turned a blind eye to his attitude because of performances and overachieving and I know it's early in the season but watching that today I honestly don't know where we can go with the options that we have currently. I can't see him making any more signings that are going to really impact the squad and he shouldn't be able to run the club for life. His interview the other day where he said 'whatever tune i'm singing everybody has to sing, fans directors chairman'. surely he should be singing the directors' tune.

Seriously....he didn't honestly say that did he??
Disgrace on 18:15 - Aug 27 with 12482 viewsTalkingSutty

Disgrace on 17:57 - Aug 27 by Brierls

Good riddance. Not to Hill, but to fans who feel it is their duty to moan and hurl abuse at every opportunity.

I would genuinely prefer they take their money elsewhere. I come to Dale because I love the club, and this board of directors and manager have overseen the best period of my Dale supporting life. Moaning arseholes with nothing better to do than shout abuse at the manager and players offer me no pleasure whatsoever.

You love BBM as well....don't forget Bazzer😄
Disgrace on 18:15 - Aug 27 with 12484 viewsalderleydale

Disgrace on 18:12 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

He Certainly did!!
Disgrace on 18:16 - Aug 27 with 12451 viewsKnowlesy

Disgrace on 18:12 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

Disgrace on 18:18 - Aug 27 with 12420 viewsDaleyBrent

I understand the fans being frustrated, and i also understand Hilly getting frustrated. It really is part of football.

But it is absolutely astonishing how after almost a decades experience of being a manager that Hill thinks its acceptable to react like that to the fans that pay his wages. God could only imagine how he would cope with the pressures that the likes of Chris Wilder has been under at Sheff Utd - it would be absolutely comical!

Hill is the best manager this club will probably ever have and what he's done is nothing short of astonishing so we should all be fully behind him.
Disgrace on 18:18 - Aug 27 with 12413 viewsDaleFan7

Disgrace on 17:57 - Aug 27 by Brierls

What a load of sh*t! The recruitment has been w*nk, the formations baffling, performances woeful. If the board and manager arent accountable to that then who is!?

Lets all pay £20 every week to watch us, as long as Hill is in charge its okay, never question any decisions, never vent any discontent. Lets enjoy playing crap and not looking like winning games.
Disgrace on 18:21 - Aug 27 with 12349 views442Dale

Disgrace on 18:18 - Aug 27 by DaleyBrent

I understand the fans being frustrated, and i also understand Hilly getting frustrated. It really is part of football.

But it is absolutely astonishing how after almost a decades experience of being a manager that Hill thinks its acceptable to react like that to the fans that pay his wages. God could only imagine how he would cope with the pressures that the likes of Chris Wilder has been under at Sheff Utd - it would be absolutely comical!

Hill is the best manager this club will probably ever have and what he's done is nothing short of astonishing so we should all be fully behind him.

A good post. It's a two way thing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Disgrace on 18:23 - Aug 27 with 12320 viewsKenBoon

Goalkeepers going up for corners doesn't help. It's a myth that it's a good thing. Therefore Hill showed calm in the situation to tell him to go back. Some fans near me booed, which I thought was funny. Same fans cheered 10 seconds later when we scored. Had I thought of it at the time, i'd have given it 'both barrels' to the folk booing the CORRECT decision near me too.

Well done to Hilly. We were shite today but he got that bang on.
Disgrace on 18:24 - Aug 27 with 12289 viewsDaleFan7

So because he's the best manager we've had he cant come under criticism or questioned for his decision making? Its that attitude that makes him so arrogant and such a bell end with the fans.
Disgrace on 18:29 - Aug 27 with 12213 views442Dale

Disgrace on 18:23 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

Goalkeepers going up for corners doesn't help. It's a myth that it's a good thing. Therefore Hill showed calm in the situation to tell him to go back. Some fans near me booed, which I thought was funny. Same fans cheered 10 seconds later when we scored. Had I thought of it at the time, i'd have given it 'both barrels' to the folk booing the CORRECT decision near me too.

Well done to Hilly. We were shite today but he got that bang on.

Depends how anyone in that situation chooses to react dependent on their position. For some it's not appropriate even if it may be deemed justified.

If they were then to go on and apologise, they'd be acknowledging they were wrong to do so and everyone could draw a line under it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Disgrace on 18:29 - Aug 27 with 12198 viewsKnowlesy

What he has done IS astonishing, but how long does that carry him? If we were bottom of League 2 next year (I'm not by any stretch saying we will be, just an extreme example) should we all still be fully behind him because he has done astonishing things for the club in the past?

In the past, Barbara Windsor was astonishing - doesn't mean I'd still give her a go now! (although I probably would just to say I had)
Disgrace on 18:31 - Aug 27 with 12169 viewsClivert

That Steve Eyre chap on radio Manc comes across as a likeable knowledgable man, perhaps someone like him would be a better man to manage our football club?

FFS, I don't think Guardiola or Mourinho could do a better job for us than what Keith Hill has done.
Disgrace on 18:32 - Aug 27 with 12140 viewsTalkingSutty

Disgrace on 18:24 - Aug 27 by DaleFan7

So because he's the best manager we've had he cant come under criticism or questioned for his decision making? Its that attitude that makes him so arrogant and such a bell end with the fans.

Some fans have their heads so far up Hills arse it would take a team of horses to pull them out. Each to their own though, it doesn't make them better people.
Disgrace on 18:32 - Aug 27 with 12117 viewsKenBoon

I am pretty sure the fans don't pay Hill's wages. I'm sure the transfer fees pay most of it. If the fans are paying the wages then we'll be employing Carlton Palmer soon because Spotland was quiet this afternoon.
Disgrace on 18:33 - Aug 27 with 12117 viewsDaleyBrent

Disgrace on 18:24 - Aug 27 by DaleFan7

What i stated/suggested is that he should be able to take it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024