Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League 2016/17 Week 16 (of 38) - Deadline 12.30 Saturday 00:01 - Nov 20 with 1751 viewsmfb_cufc

Week 15 Results

CRYSTAL PALACE 1 MANCHESTER CITY 2

with 0.71, Palace have the worst points per game record in the top four divisions in 2016. Yes , there are worse teams than the U's this year. Not surprisingly all 26 members predicted a Man City victory, with 3 getting it spot-on.

EVERTON 1 SWANSEA 1
An 89th minute equaliser from Everton, denies Swansea a first win under manager Bradley. Unlucky for them, but good news for the 3 who got this spot-on, with nobody having the outcome. There were 22 who predicted a win for Everton.

SOUTHAMPTON 0 LIVERPOOL 0
No shots on target for Southampton. The first time in the Premier League since the 28th December 2004, also against Liverpool. Nobody had this spot-on, but 5 did have the outcome. The other 23 predicted a Liverpool victory, with 12 going for 2-1, the weeks most predicted result.

STOKE 0 BOURNEMOUTH 1
First away win in the league for Bournemouth, as they end Stoke's six-game unbeaten run. Well done to gsy163 for being the only one to get this spot-on, especially as nobody had the outcome. As a matter of interest 14 predicted a win for Stoke, and the other 11 went for a draw.

SUNDERLAND 3 HULL 0
Defoe scored his 150th Premier League goal, as Sunderland move off the foot of the table. Again no 3 points for anybody here, but a big 18 did get the outcome.

WATFORD 2 LEICESTER 1
Watford score after 33 seconds, as they defeat a Leicester side still to win away this season. There were 5 who got this spot-on, and another 3 had the outcome. There were 13 who thought Leicester would get back to the form that made them Champions last season.

This was another tough week overall, with a number of good things failing to deliver again. It was thanks to Man City that everybody got at least one point. Just the two members managed to get two spot-on. They were burnsieespana, who got 3 points for the wins for Man City and Watford, and sevebalo, who had the win for Watford and the Everton draw spot-on. They both had two other outcomes, so they have to share the honour of being the weeks top scorer, with a very decent 8 points each.

In the Premier, after relinquishing the lead last week, the top scoring effort from burnsieespana, takes him back to the top. Another solid week from mfb_cufc, means there is a still a big gap to the third. That position is now occupied by sevebalo, whose top scoring week took him up three places, and he is the biggest mover in this league. The other changes of significance see jonestones move up two, but still in the relegation zone, and BFG, whose recent revival has come to a halt, and he drops back to the bottom.

In Division One, the top scorer in this league is johnnyboy53, whose solid week gives him hope of avoiding the wooden spoon. With nobody else scoring more than 4 points, the top seven remains the same, with basher2010 still top, but now only by the one point. The biggest change came from WessiehomesPete and mrhappy, who both moved up two places, and both are now within two points of the play-offs. Moving two places the other way is noah4x4, who is still struggling for those 3 pointers. To quote the PM "remind you of anybody".

Just five weeks now to the Boxing Day cut off, and Champions League qualification. With last seasons winner jonestones automatically qualified, the eleventh spot, and final qualifying place, is currently held by Sector4 on 62 points. He is just edgeing out durham_exile on most 3 pointers. But with the rest of the Premier, and most of Division One within striking distance, it is all to play for in this competition.

THE TABLES (106 out of 280 played}
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

Week 16 Fixtures Picked by this weeks guest thrillseeker

BURNLEY v MANCHESTER CITY (12.30)
LEICESTER v MIDDLESBROUGH
DERBY v NORWICH
WOLVES v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
BURY v MILLWALL
CHESTERFIELD v BRISTOL ROVERS
BLACKPOOL v NEWPORT
CARLISLE v MANSFIELD
COLCHESTER v CREWE
EXETER v LUTON

DON'T FORGET THE DEADLINE THIS WEEK IS 12.30

Good luck everybody.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2016 17:24]

mfb

Happy League 2016/17 Week 16 (of 38) - Deadline 12.30 Saturday on 18:25 - Nov 26 with 621 viewsWessiehomesPete

I can't do a good MFB Pick 10 to save my life.

I don't think making it to the Champions League is anymore very realistic :(
Happy League 2016/17 Week 16 (of 38) - Deadline 12.30 Saturday on 18:46 - Nov 26 with 617 viewsmfb_cufc

Happy League 2016/17 Week 16 (of 38) - Deadline 12.30 Saturday on 13:37 - Nov 26 by jonestones

BURNLEY v MANCHESTER CITY (12.30) 0-3
LEICESTER v MIDDLESBROUGH 1-0
DERBY v NORWICH 1-2
WOLVES v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-0
BURY v MILLWALL 0-1
CHESTERFIELD v BRISTOL ROVERS 1-1
BLACKPOOL v NEWPORT 2-0
CARLISLE v MANSFIELD 1-0
COLCHESTER v CREWE 2-1
EXETER v LUTON 1-2

Cheers

Sorry jonestones, you were too late for the Burnley v Man City game, but alright for the other nine games.

mfb

Happy League 2016/17 Week 16 (of 38) - Deadline 12.30 Saturday on 19:20 - Nov 26 with 607 viewsjonestones

Happy League 2016/17 Week 16 (of 38) - Deadline 12.30 Saturday on 18:46 - Nov 26 by mfb_cufc

Sorry jonestones, you were too late for the Burnley v Man City game, but alright for the other nine games.

Sorry, I wasn't intentionally trying to deceive. I hadn't even realised the city game kicked off early. If I had I may have predicted a closer score!

Sorry once again.
Happy League 2016/17 Week 16 (of 38) - Deadline 12.30 Saturday on 19:51 - Nov 26 with 598 viewsmfb_cufc

Happy League 2016/17 Week 16 (of 38) - Deadline 12.30 Saturday on 19:20 - Nov 26 by jonestones

Sorry, I wasn't intentionally trying to deceive. I hadn't even realised the city game kicked off early. If I had I may have predicted a closer score!

Sorry once again.

No need to apologize. I could see it was unintentional, because Burnley had scored when you posted.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024