Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kurtis Guthrie - no apology needed as far as I am concerned........ 14:46 - Nov 21 with 772 viewsdurham_exile

Frankly I dont mind Kurtis having a go at some fans. There is an element of the boo boys at Colchester who will constantly bemoan the team.

As long as the players are giving 100% for the club then we can expect no more.

JM needs to play Guthrie as a striker, he has the physique and pace to play up top, perhaps with Porter or Johnstone.

Time for players to stand up and be counted and for the fans to remain loyal. There are enough games to turn this around but the wins must start to register and soon.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Kurtis Guthrie - no apology needed as far as I am concerned........ on 17:17 - Nov 21 with 751 viewsnoah4x4

I don't approve of fans barracking players during a match. Guthrie was called lazy by a group of younger fans and when Yeovil missed two sitters, they chanted "are you Guthrie in disguise". He laughed!

But frankly, they did have a point. He looked heavy legged and his effort and attitude was disappointing. OK, he had the easiest nod in possible, but how many chances has he missed? I reckon he has recently played much better in midfield.

I have been the last person to criticise the team, but their display against Yeovil was woeful. We should have been 3-0 down by half time and a win was nothing less than the Glovers deserved. But 1-0 up with minutes to go, even Colchester United should be able to hang onto the ball long enough to get a valuable away point.

Shocking!!!!!!
Kurtis Guthrie - no apology needed as far as I am concerned........ on 20:21 - Nov 21 with 723 viewsLeadbelly

Kurtis Guthrie - no apology needed as far as I am concerned........ on 17:17 - Nov 21 by noah4x4

I don't approve of fans barracking players during a match. Guthrie was called lazy by a group of younger fans and when Yeovil missed two sitters, they chanted "are you Guthrie in disguise". He laughed!

But frankly, they did have a point. He looked heavy legged and his effort and attitude was disappointing. OK, he had the easiest nod in possible, but how many chances has he missed? I reckon he has recently played much better in midfield.

I have been the last person to criticise the team, but their display against Yeovil was woeful. We should have been 3-0 down by half time and a win was nothing less than the Glovers deserved. But 1-0 up with minutes to go, even Colchester United should be able to hang onto the ball long enough to get a valuable away point.

Shocking!!!!!!

Not the worst performer this season but showing his Conference credentials I'm afraid.

Ill advised though it was I don't blame him for having a pop at some fans. I am heartily sick and tired of the lame performances and poor results over the last few seasons but I still can't bring myself to boo the players...or worse, as many seem to resort to at the first sign of trouble.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Kurtis Guthrie - no apology needed as far as I am concerned........ on 08:09 - Nov 22 with 680 viewsthrillseeker

I think Guthrie has done well in the circumstance of constantly being played in an unfamiliar position.

Before I am critical of him I would like to see him in his natural position as a striker
Kurtis Guthrie - no apology needed as far as I am concerned........ on 11:39 - Nov 22 with 658 viewswessex_exile

Distasteful on both fronts - I've seen some appalling treatment dished out to U's players at times, but it's never good when it stimulates the inevitable reaction from the squad and/or management team.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024