Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haven't posted in a while 12:26 - Nov 24 with 733 viewsfatpatabudhabi

Hi everyone

I haven't posted for a good while now but have found the impetus to do so.

On my mind I guess I have a few things that I hope will not raise too many eyebrows;

1. From a football and importantly Colchester United perspective, this is a lifeline for someone like me. When I am back in the UK I normally have so many family things to attend to, WHCS is rarely an option. Therefore, I wholeheartedly implore those that post opinion regarding the U's to remain doing so. It is read and very much appreciated.

2. If there are non football related posts that are deemed inappropriate, then might I suggest that unless you could categorically consider that nobody regularly reading or posting will find offence, this is not the forum to raise such topics? Apply your own filter before writing basically.

3. The struggles and possible/probable demise of some other clubs should stand as a reminder to us all that we may not be getting it right at this present moment in time, we may all have our reasons and rationales for this, and we may well point fingers towards the chairman and his vision and policy, but we are still solvent. For that we should be thankful.

I hope I have not offended anyone by posting, by trying to assist in resolving the bad blood circulating around this forum at present, and hope to be a more frequent poster in the future.

Up the still fighting U's
Haven't posted in a while on 21:28 - Nov 24 with 687 viewsLeadbelly

No eyebrows raised or offence taken here.

Regarding your second point i've always tried to abide by my own rule of not posting anything that I wouldn't say to someone's face. Hopefully I've managed that.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Haven't posted in a while on 09:34 - Nov 25 with 651 viewswessex_exile

Morning Pat, good to hear from you again. Can't argue with anything you've said there to be honest, and certainly no offence taken. With regard to #2, I confess there are times when I find it difficult not to react to posts that I consider at best irrelevant and at worse deliberately inflammatory and aggressive (basically trolling). Until members are either persuaded that such activity isn't wanted here, or removed from the board, I am again making use of the Ignore button - doesn't solve the problem, but it does mean I can enjoy the erudite and thought-provoking contributions of U'sual members without wading through garbage to get there.

Stay with us Gerry!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Haven't posted in a while on 09:50 - Nov 25 with 643 viewsWessiehomesPete

Haven't posted in a while on 09:34 - Nov 25 by wessex_exile

Morning Pat, good to hear from you again. Can't argue with anything you've said there to be honest, and certainly no offence taken. With regard to #2, I confess there are times when I find it difficult not to react to posts that I consider at best irrelevant and at worse deliberately inflammatory and aggressive (basically trolling). Until members are either persuaded that such activity isn't wanted here, or removed from the board, I am again making use of the Ignore button - doesn't solve the problem, but it does mean I can enjoy the erudite and thought-provoking contributions of U'sual members without wading through garbage to get there.

Stay with us Gerry!

You do realise what you may deem inflammatory is a simple mention of I'm arriving in March and the OMB took offense.

I INSULTED NO ONE ON OUR BOARD. NOT ONE. I simply said that based on some comments on the OMB and otherwise I'm staying in Norwich instead of my customary Colchester.

For God's sake, I'm bringing over my mum for her first trip to England in 25 years. I will show her East Anglia and she will show me around Southampton, which she's familiar with from her "younger days."

I don't get it. What have I done to some of you?

Mates? what am I doing wrong?? Even Happy is saying I can stay in London for a few days. Panners, he and I always attend games at the WHCS, MFB may take me and mum on a curry night; Daniel may get us tickets at The Lane.

I'm not some plague. There's people on this board or on Facebook--who don't post here--who genuinely like me. I'm not fishing for friends here. Block me for all I care. I probably never wanted to meet you to begin with.

Gerry is the saddest example. He started turning ugly towards me a few years ago. Even though he came to Iowa to hang out with me. Know what? "Whatever."

Up the U's. I'm not giving up on our Sad League 2 club.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2016 9:56]
Haven't posted in a while on 13:02 - Nov 25 with 615 viewsLeadbelly

Haven't posted in a while on 09:50 - Nov 25 by WessiehomesPete

You do realise what you may deem inflammatory is a simple mention of I'm arriving in March and the OMB took offense.

I INSULTED NO ONE ON OUR BOARD. NOT ONE. I simply said that based on some comments on the OMB and otherwise I'm staying in Norwich instead of my customary Colchester.

For God's sake, I'm bringing over my mum for her first trip to England in 25 years. I will show her East Anglia and she will show me around Southampton, which she's familiar with from her "younger days."

I don't get it. What have I done to some of you?

Mates? what am I doing wrong?? Even Happy is saying I can stay in London for a few days. Panners, he and I always attend games at the WHCS, MFB may take me and mum on a curry night; Daniel may get us tickets at The Lane.

I'm not some plague. There's people on this board or on Facebook--who don't post here--who genuinely like me. I'm not fishing for friends here. Block me for all I care. I probably never wanted to meet you to begin with.

Gerry is the saddest example. He started turning ugly towards me a few years ago. Even though he came to Iowa to hang out with me. Know what? "Whatever."

Up the U's. I'm not giving up on our Sad League 2 club.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2016 9:56]

Insult

speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.

synonyms: offend, give/cause offence to, affront, abuse, be rude to, call someone names, slight, disparage, discredit, libel, slander, malign, defame, denigrate, cast aspersions on, impugn, slur, revile, calumniate

You're correct Pete...you don't get it.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Haven't posted in a while on 15:12 - Nov 25 with 595 viewsWessiehomesPete

I do get it.

Which is why I'm booked for Norwich.

And there will be no Bricklayers night.

I'm not going to create an open bullseye on my back to say I'm going to be there in Colchester. I'm thankful that Happy, for instance, wants me to be in London for a few days. That's even though I have already paid for a week's hotel in Norwich.

There is such genuine hate towards me that it makes it hard to be a U's supporter. The people from this board and the OMB and via Facebook who actually know me, they know I'm a good bloke.

A few of you remind me of the haters on the Reading board 15 years ago. Give me break and let it go.

I have the Happy Cup and the NFL PL to administer. I'll keep it to that. I'm beyond having an opinion about Colchester United for the time being.

End of.
Haven't posted in a while on 15:45 - Nov 25 with 591 viewsburnsieespana

Guys can we just cool it.
I don't know any of you personally but have always enjoyed this board because it was about the only page I go on where people don't insult or be very critical of others.
Surely our interest is all things to do with Col U abd even in the summer when we had our EU debate unlike any other page I am on ( 65 at last count by the way) we did not fall out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024