Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS 21:55 - Nov 25 with 801 viewsdurham_exile

JM's super U's face their bogey team on Saturday.

Crewe Alexandra have won their last seven games at Layer Road and the WHCS. Perry Groves hat trick at Gresty Road when we won 4-1 seems a long time ago now!

But records are there to be be broken. Time for a home win to support the impressive win at Whaddon Road.

JM should also keep the same team. We have lacked consistency this season partly because of injuries and partly because JM has tinkered with the team.

Therefore

Walker

Brindley Eastman Kent Elokobi

Dickenson Slater Garvan Lapslie

Guthrie Johnstone

Subs

Wright Vincent-young Wynter Bonne Barnes Fosu Kamara

Time to secure three more valuable points.

Enjoy the game

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 22:17 - Nov 25 with 788 viewswessex_exile

Cheers Durham!

For the most repugnant of reasons Crewe are sadly under a media spotlight right now, so frankly I am not overly concerned about the result. I just hope that all those connected with Crewe Alexandra, whether former or current players and staff, but particularly those who have been abused by Barry Bennell, get through tomorrow with a minimum of distress.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 22:27 - Nov 25 with 785 viewsLeadbelly

And that Us fans don't embarrass themselves and the club with inappropriate chants along the lines of those I've heard about Jimmy Savile.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 22:38 - Nov 25 with 784 viewsmfb_cufc

Well said, wessex. I just hope the crowd behaves itself, with no unsavoury chants.

I agree , durham, we should stay with a winning team, and we probably will. A fit again Dooley will probably be on the bench though.

mfb

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 22:55 - Nov 25 with 778 viewswessex_exile

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 22:38 - Nov 25 by mfb_cufc

Well said, wessex. I just hope the crowd behaves itself, with no unsavoury chants.

I agree , durham, we should stay with a winning team, and we probably will. A fit again Dooley will probably be on the bench though.

Indeed Whales and MFB, we really must pray that the crowd is respectful to those that have been damaged, anything less would be disgraceful.

On footballing matters, absolutely same team as Tuesday, plus put some more RedBull in Big George's tank, and Dooley on the bench.

Up the U's

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 02:05 - Nov 26 with 758 viewsWessiehomesPete

My prediction in Daniel's PL is that the pedophile Screws You'se won't win this weekend.

I've been watching this sht for like 3 days on our BBC world news. It's constantly on our Top of the news.

My heart breaks for the victims who opened up about this. Alexandra Screws.

Just plum disgusting.

These were KIDS! You evil evil gaff... Enjoy your time in hell.

Predicting 2-nil. I hope it's hella lot worse than that. This is many times worse than being a Dons supporter.

It crushed my heart to see their stories on the Beeb. Nasty nasty man, you pig. I hope you "like" your time behind bars. Seeing grown men cry telling their story. You evil demon.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 2:17]
Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 16:52 - Nov 26 with 695 viewsdurham_exile

That's more like it.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 17:47 - Nov 26 with 674 viewsMoor_Pinot

Wonderful Durham!
When did we last keep two successive clean sheets?
Win two successive games?
A timely change of fortune maybe............... keeps an old fellow reaching for the very reasonably priced Beaujolais!!

The goal difference rocks too!

Upward the U's ..... at last something else to talk about that's positive!

Moor Pinot

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 18:10 - Nov 26 with 655 viewsdurham_exile

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 17:47 - Nov 26 by Moor_Pinot

Wonderful Durham!
A timely change of fortune maybe............... keeps an old fellow reaching for the very reasonably priced Beaujolais!!

Pinault - good to hear from you.

I have to say that the result has really lifted me after some decent performances but poor results.

The last time we won 2 successive games and kept a clean sheet was the 13/14 season
(I had to look it up)
Oldham away won 2-0 on 21 Dec
Stevenage Home won 4-0 on Boxing Day
Ironically we then lost 2-1 to Crewe

We now have an enforced break but then Mansfield away is eminently winnable.

Onward and upward.

Up the U's
[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 19:11]

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 18:11 - Nov 26 with 650 viewsWessiehomesPete

3 points are priceless. I'm ok with safety. There doesn't have to be a playoffs next spring.

I wonder if Crewe has a certain distraction that is all over the news.

The BBC can't shut up about you know what.

Life looks brighter as we head toward the transfer window. Maybe League 1 is our level and that will happen sooner rather than later.

But it would be so COOL to be back in the Championship. If OMG we ever make it to the Prem then I foresee a Derby 11 points or so :D ... But it sure will be fun to see Chelsea, ManU and Gooners at the Weston Homes ;)
Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 18:17 - Nov 26 with 641 viewsWessiehomesPete

2931 isn't great but it doesn't suck. I assume only 100 Crewe arrived.

Keeping the Faith.

Up the U's.
Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 19:17 - Nov 26 with 616 viewsLeadbelly

That's the best performance I've seen at home for a long time. We played with far greater effort and tempo than usual, running off the ball was back in fashion, as was passing to teammates.

Nobody had a bad game but special mention for Elokobi, Garvan and Guthrie. George was everywhere and showed "if in doubt, get it out" mentality. Garvan bossed midfield, was excellent from dead ball situations and scored a top goal. Guthrie looked a different player up front. Worked his nuts off and took his goal very well. He looked knackered at the end.

Pleased to report there was no unpleasant chants directed at Crewe. Before KO the chap next to me said he had a few prepared but I told him politely that he wouldn't be singing them. He tried once but a quick word put a stop to that.

Result was great but it is the performance that was most pleasing. Puts a completely different complexion in the weekend!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 23:35 - Nov 26 with 563 viewswessex_exile

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 19:17 - Nov 26 by Leadbelly

That's the best performance I've seen at home for a long time. We played with far greater effort and tempo than usual, running off the ball was back in fashion, as was passing to teammates.

Nobody had a bad game but special mention for Elokobi, Garvan and Guthrie. George was everywhere and showed "if in doubt, get it out" mentality. Garvan bossed midfield, was excellent from dead ball situations and scored a top goal. Guthrie looked a different player up front. Worked his nuts off and took his goal very well. He looked knackered at the end.

Pleased to report there was no unpleasant chants directed at Crewe. Before KO the chap next to me said he had a few prepared but I told him politely that he wouldn't be singing them. He tried once but a quick word put a stop to that.

Result was great but it is the performance that was most pleasing. Puts a completely different complexion in the weekend!

Well done on the faithful for not resorting to baser instincts, well done Whales for helping with that, and massive WELL DONE to Colchester United for 6pts, two clean sheets, and a massive +7 to our goal difference.

Up the U's

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 07:24 - Nov 27 with 533 viewsbwildered

Best home performance this season has the result suggests . Might have scored another before half time but for a wonderful point blank save by the keeper from a Brindley header .
Unfortunately no league game next week to keep the momentum, and players to get use to the new system, perhaps a behind closed door friendly might be arranged.
Unbeaten run now required, terrific result against a side who we have not beaten at home since 1992 . From Black Friday to Silver Saturday .
On wards and upwards !
[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 9:10]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 12:10 - Nov 27 with 500 viewsburnsieespana

In some respects a break might be good as olayers can recharge batteries plus the revised system can be practised and fine tuned.
7 goals scored and none conceded is a considerable turn round.
I am just very happy for J McC as think if we persist with him he will come good.
Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 14:04 - Nov 27 with 479 viewsMadeira163

Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 17:47 - Nov 26 by Moor_Pinot

Wonderful Durham!

Bet is cheaper than the £7 I had to pay on the 17th
Railwaymen to finally hit the buffers at the WHCS on 14:45 - Nov 27 with 470 viewsMoor_Pinot

About the equivalent of £1.42 a bottle.

Great boost to morale - not the wine - the wins this week.

** Did anybody read Guthrie's post match words after the Yeovil game?
Checkout the bbc website for a very frank interview. I think that if we have a few like him we may get better. What he says gives insight into a few things.
[With thanks to the Viking for finding the interview.]

Up the upward U's

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024