Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sigh.... 23:33 - Nov 25 with 1102 viewsjonestones

Will this never end? Is it just me or is this feeling abit like ground hog day?

WessiePete wrote .....

"For mum and me, who hasn't been in England since she was way younger and in younger days spent a lovely week in Southampton, I got her and myself a £400 hospitality package for Canaries v Blackburn.

Clearly that means I won't be attending ColU v Pompey.

We get a champagne greeting, cushy seats, corporate privileges, a three course lunch and a meet and greet with Norwich players. Oh, and two match day programmes. Plus the safety of making my 72-year-old mum happy.

A few of you, and you know who you are, it has spoiled it for me.

WHAT ABOUT I'M FLYING OVER IN MARCH to see Pompey and Mansfield went over your heads?

I'm still welcome at Happy's in London. Daniel, our admin, has no issues with me. Pancab always takes me to a great curry joint or two. Thrillo, we'll just find a nice pub.

Gerry's issue, that puzzles me. I understand why Wessex has an issue with me, but that's mainly about JibbaJabba on the OMB. But Archer, I literally said to him he can have a kidney because I thought of him as a brother. This is 100 percent true. He was, dare I say, running out of kidney transplants. Ask him. I offered him a kidney.

I'm not a jerk. But I'm not taking my mum as a Christmas present to Colchester in March.

Go on then. And yeah, I got us a great hotel in Nodge. She has a quality suite and so do I. Cheers."
Sigh.... on 00:48 - Nov 26 with 1094 viewsWessiehomesPete

Mum said she is not traveling across. This is from a half an hour ago.

You've officially intimidated a 72 year old woman.

This is just sad. And this all started when I posted with joy that I'm flying over in March to see Pompey and Mansfield.

Then all hell broke loose on the OMB with my innocent question, was anyone willing to take me in for a week. And I got replies like, You can stay in a tent in my backyard.

Another person wrote, you can stay with me but don't make a pass at my wife... I don't even know who that idiot is and I've never made a pass at anyone. So that bloke was just trying to fan negative flames.

This got completely out of control.

A handful of you, can you just leave me alone??

I didn't do anything to you! Mum suggested that there seems to be an incredible hatred towards Americans in England.

One reason she decided to back out today on what was going to be a Christmas present trip.

Groundhog Day indeed. Let me just run my two prediction leagues and let my actual friends just inbox me to sort my week. I have no opinion about the U's.

I WILL attend Pompey and Mansfield but I'm not making any announcement about it. I can't believe that Brits, the kings of wind-ups, would believe I'm freaking attending Norwich v Rovers. Good grief. Talk about gullible, a few of you :(

I may as well say I'm attending Ipswich away.
Sigh.... on 01:15 - Nov 26 with 1081 viewsWessiehomesPete

Jones, please see my thread to Daniel.

I think most of us are over it.

I AM NOT ATTENDING NORWICH v ROVERS!

I can take the p##s with the best of em ;);) .. I will however be depressed if on Tuesday night we can't defeat Mansfield.

Most people in Essex probably have no clue where Mansfield is. *I googled it. It's North or Nottingham :D

That's the cruel world of League 2. I have to actually google-map where some of these places are. In my entire life I've never heard of Mansfield. Apparently the ugly sister to Nottingham.

Jones? If that didn't make you crack a smile I'm not trying hard enough.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 1:20]
Sigh.... on 01:21 - Nov 26 with 1075 viewsColukev

Jog on, who cares who is watching what games. Do what you like. Take your mum where you like, clearly you have some degree of worry about coming over due to threats, so stop plastering it all over every message board. As you are so close with some members, keep it between you so the rest of us don't have to sit and read the same boring shite every day.
Sigh.... on 01:37 - Nov 26 with 1070 viewsWessiehomesPete

Sigh.... on 01:21 - Nov 26 by Colukev

Jog on, who cares who is watching what games. Do what you like. Take your mum where you like, clearly you have some degree of worry about coming over due to threats, so stop plastering it all over every message board. As you are so close with some members, keep it between you so the rest of us don't have to sit and read the same boring shite every day.

Kev,.. silly banter...

Noah got pushed away, Pancab got pushed away, Carruthers got pushed away...

Mate, we get like one new post per day... It's not like we're flooded with posts... Happy got elbowed away.

If you're happy with replying to one post that's merely derivative of something you read in the Gazette. Fine.

But when my integrity is attacked--and sorry, mate, I'm a professional journo--and my mum says to me after I bought her a freaking plane ticket and she says she doesn't want to meet a number of you.... that's CALLED BULLYING AND ONLINE HOOLIGANISM... You remind me of the Reading board back when... brother, I don't mean You "You".. I mean some people that just can't drop it..

Readin' Readin' we'll kick your f33kn head in... Been there. Funny is, they got me drunk and loved the Yank in their lot.. None of these hard men ever threatened me. Having said that, West of London is a nice place, but all damm good eateries were like a mile drive away.

If there was a street battle between Reading boys and Colchester boys, sorry, Cols'ter would lose.

Now when Daniel, our admin, would take us to noof London, Our Lane boys would destroy you. Colcha is not as hard as you think. Happy is about 6-0. Trust me, you don't wanna meet him if you're mad at me :D ... Daniel and Thrillo and Happy and Panners are big boys.. MEN.

You ever met John White? Another one. When I'm over I'm all good. You don't want to meet my posse. That's not a threat. That's called Truth. And I'm also 6-1 225...

I don't like someone to threaten me with my beautiful mum. Thank you. It's not going to turn out well for you.

Again, that's not a threat, it's fact. I was a GK in Germany, I played rugby (not football, the real thing) and in high school I learned how to box. But for some reason all my best friends are BIG BOYS. That's all I'm gonna say :) .. Thrillo is about 6-6. Meeting me and Thrill in the same dark alley will not turn out well.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 1:54]
Sigh.... on 07:19 - Nov 26 with 1038 viewsLeadbelly

Sigh.... on 01:37 - Nov 26 by WessiehomesPete

Kev,.. silly banter...

Noah got pushed away, Pancab got pushed away, Carruthers got pushed away...

Mate, we get like one new post per day... It's not like we're flooded with posts... Happy got elbowed away.

If you're happy with replying to one post that's merely derivative of something you read in the Gazette. Fine.

But when my integrity is attacked--and sorry, mate, I'm a professional journo--and my mum says to me after I bought her a freaking plane ticket and she says she doesn't want to meet a number of you.... that's CALLED BULLYING AND ONLINE HOOLIGANISM... You remind me of the Reading board back when... brother, I don't mean You "You".. I mean some people that just can't drop it..

Readin' Readin' we'll kick your f33kn head in... Been there. Funny is, they got me drunk and loved the Yank in their lot.. None of these hard men ever threatened me. Having said that, West of London is a nice place, but all damm good eateries were like a mile drive away.

If there was a street battle between Reading boys and Colchester boys, sorry, Cols'ter would lose.

Now when Daniel, our admin, would take us to noof London, Our Lane boys would destroy you. Colcha is not as hard as you think. Happy is about 6-0. Trust me, you don't wanna meet him if you're mad at me :D ... Daniel and Thrillo and Happy and Panners are big boys.. MEN.

You ever met John White? Another one. When I'm over I'm all good. You don't want to meet my posse. That's not a threat. That's called Truth. And I'm also 6-1 225...

I don't like someone to threaten me with my beautiful mum. Thank you. It's not going to turn out well for you.

Again, that's not a threat, it's fact. I was a GK in Germany, I played rugby (not football, the real thing) and in high school I learned how to box. But for some reason all my best friends are BIG BOYS. That's all I'm gonna say :) .. Thrillo is about 6-6. Meeting me and Thrill in the same dark alley will not turn out well.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 1:54]

As you enjoyed the Reading board so much why not go back there? Or Noof (?) London's finest? Or Norwich, Braintree? Did I miss any?

As this board is so quiet why not start your own? As you say repeatedly, you have loads of mates who would no doubt join you. Perhaps talk about how big and hard you all are and relive your glorious street battles. Should be very popular.

Just read your last post again...saying something isn't a threat before making a threat doesn't stop it being a threat. Dark alleys, big men, my posse...

And just to clarify, was your last post another banter filled missive that we poor, uneducated Essex types don't realise is just your idea of fun or is it deadly serious, like the numerous threats of violence you have received from the OMB?

Enough from me, I need to study my Mansfield A-Z.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Sigh.... on 09:48 - Nov 26 with 1016 viewsjonestones

Is Mansfield in the UK? I always thought it was a town in Scandinavia. 😉

I agree Lead and Kev.

Out of morbid fascination I read the thread on the OMB, all three pages of it. I saw no threats. In my opinion, it included some micky taking out of someone, no names mentioned, who was coming across as very needy. In fact I was surprised to see a few of the messengers apologise when they realised WeePee had taken offence.

I'm predicting a familiar resoponse.
Sigh.... on 10:36 - Nov 26 with 1006 viewsLeadbelly

Sigh.... on 09:48 - Nov 26 by jonestones

Is Mansfield in the UK? I always thought it was a town in Scandinavia. 😉

I agree Lead and Kev.

Out of morbid fascination I read the thread on the OMB, all three pages of it. I saw no threats. In my opinion, it included some micky taking out of someone, no names mentioned, who was coming across as very needy. In fact I was surprised to see a few of the messengers apologise when they realised WeePee had taken offence.

I'm predicting a familiar resoponse.

Will probably include inside leg measurements as well as height, just so we know exactly how big his non threatening posse really is.

No passport required for Mansfield trip? That is a relief. I shall inform my mother.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Sigh.... (n/t) on 10:46 - Nov 26 with 1002 viewsjonestones

Login to get fewer ads

Sigh.... (n/t) on 10:47 - Nov 26 with 1001 viewsjonestones

Sigh.... on 10:47 - Nov 26 with 1000 viewsjonestones

Sigh.... on 13:45 - Nov 26 with 949 viewsWessiehomesPete

Know what?? I think you lot are lightening up a little :D

But if our U's lose v Pompey when the attendance will be 5000 but 2000 of them will be Pompeys, I'm gonna post words with surprising acronyms to get banned for a few months ;)

The Mansfield one... I honestly had to look up where Mansfield is. If they bring even 100 for a Tuesday I will be stunned.

Tuesday in March. Easily 3-4 bovrils. I'm not even positive Panners will wanna go to that game with me.
Sigh.... on 14:02 - Nov 26 with 943 viewsWessiehomesPete

Sigh.... on 10:36 - Nov 26 by Leadbelly

Will probably include inside leg measurements as well as height, just so we know exactly how big his non threatening posse really is.

No passport required for Mansfield trip? That is a relief. I shall inform my mother.

OMG Lead...

England the land of irony.

I'm just being goofy! Yeah I have a posse. And they're all 6-1 and taller.

But Thrillo really is 6-6. The first time I met him at a pub I was like holy #rap!

Everyone I know is nice. Bricklayers night became where every year one more person met a boarder here or from the OMB they'd never before met.

It's always meant to be a polite meet and greet. You'll find some are *ahem* much taller than you could have imagined.. BFG "Big friendly giant," he's also like 6-4 or something.

One time Thrillo was pushing a stroller up a hill and it made him so much more human. A dad on a Sunday with his kiddo.

Happy still has a little bit of bad boy in him.
Daniel? you never wanna get him upset. He's a man of men as they say. But that gal has softened his personality in the last 3 or so years.

Panners has a nice side. I generally attend games with him but he's another English bloke you don't want to look at cross-eyed.

Didn't I say in an indirect way that the blokes I know are all bigger and taller than me? Haps said very clearly he'd have my back.

MFB is also a good friend. I mean, I do have a lot of friends across the pond. Why do a few of you take me so seriously when my friends get my humour?

Some month here or there I become such a topic of conversation :/
[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 14:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024