Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An apology.............................. 21:34 - Dec 11 with 434 viewsgerry_us

...in particular to MFB for deserting the Happy League. I have explained to him separately that I have become totally disillusioned with the general tone of the board over the past few months, so MFB, ‘I officially withdraw from the league’, you do not have to invoke the rules. I hope many of you will also share my feelings that the board has been used for reasons other than that which was envisioned when it started many years ago. I have been posting for over ten years but only recently we have been subjected to the type of vitriolic and abusive posts that have no place here. I regret that recently I also stooped down to that level in one particular reply and that mistaken post I regret greatly. It is for this reason that I have not been posting in the past few weeks and have since withdrawn from Happy League, Happy Cup and the NFL prediction league. I will also not be posting in the immediate future unless or until the board returns to a more acceptable standard. It is a great pity that our moderator has allowed some posts; mine included; and has failed in the object to allow all the members of the Usual board to have reasonable and interesting dialogue without the abuse and sometimes downright unacceptable content. I sincerely hope that in the future I feel able to return to the board but until the monopoly of the board of one particular member is dramatically reduced or removed I feel unable to either partake or be interested especially for the fear I may be inclined to again, regret a further right of reply.
An apology.............................. on 00:52 - Dec 12 with 413 viewsWessiehomesPete

Please stay, Gerry.

Do you remember the hate I got on the OMB?

This is a great board and I've gone through some stick. But know what? I get over it and peeps are back and Nice, Pete's back. I don't take offense. I know when to take a short respite.

I take a month off.

I've always felt that this board isn't just about football. Gimme a break, we even used to post YouTube videos.

Seriously, what happened to this board? This is why I'm staying in another city, Sorry, one that I love, Norwich in March instead of Colchester.

When even Noah says he won't do reports here, ask yourself, what is wrong with this picture?

Even a legend, Panners decided to leave. Shrimper decided to leave.

I'm disenchanted with this site. And frankly, I'd rather fly over and see Spurs and Nodge.

This is getting so stupid.

The Mail wants me to do a story in March. Chew on that. But it's about a Yank's perspective.

Canaries will greet me with champagne at noon. I can't even get Matt Hudson to answer my calls while the Yellow and Green treats me like royalty.

I ask again, what is wrong with this picture? :(

edit:
Am attending Mansfield in March because no matter what, I LOVE OUR U'S

You lot do understand I LOVE our U'S. But when on the OMB I get threatened and inbox messages.. And TOOT here says "you have mental issues," this becomes Over The Top.

If I lived in England I could sue him for half a million. Defamation. And I do have an attorney on retainer. I may look for him, mates. He has an office in Soho. Trust me. I'm not broke. TOOT better be looking over his shoulder. I can pay to stay in Norfolk for one year. Thank You.

Not an idle threat. I'm not gonna be threatened by people.

This reminds me of a post I made a few months ago. I wanna be left alone. You lot don't like a Yank here.

I can comply. Enjoy the Conference. Cherries.

[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 1:14]
An apology.............................. on 02:19 - Dec 12 with 400 viewsLeadbelly

An apology.............................. on 00:52 - Dec 12 by WessiehomesPete

Please stay, Gerry.

Do you remember the hate I got on the OMB?

This is a great board and I've gone through some stick. But know what? I get over it and peeps are back and Nice, Pete's back. I don't take offense. I know when to take a short respite.

I take a month off.

I've always felt that this board isn't just about football. Gimme a break, we even used to post YouTube videos.

Seriously, what happened to this board? This is why I'm staying in another city, Sorry, one that I love, Norwich in March instead of Colchester.

When even Noah says he won't do reports here, ask yourself, what is wrong with this picture?

Even a legend, Panners decided to leave. Shrimper decided to leave.

I'm disenchanted with this site. And frankly, I'd rather fly over and see Spurs and Nodge.

This is getting so stupid.

The Mail wants me to do a story in March. Chew on that. But it's about a Yank's perspective.

Canaries will greet me with champagne at noon. I can't even get Matt Hudson to answer my calls while the Yellow and Green treats me like royalty.

I ask again, what is wrong with this picture? :(

edit:
Am attending Mansfield in March because no matter what, I LOVE OUR U'S

You lot do understand I LOVE our U'S. But when on the OMB I get threatened and inbox messages.. And TOOT here says "you have mental issues," this becomes Over The Top.

If I lived in England I could sue him for half a million. Defamation. And I do have an attorney on retainer. I may look for him, mates. He has an office in Soho. Trust me. I'm not broke. TOOT better be looking over his shoulder. I can pay to stay in Norfolk for one year. Thank You.

Not an idle threat. I'm not gonna be threatened by people.

This reminds me of a post I made a few months ago. I wanna be left alone. You lot don't like a Yank here.

I can comply. Enjoy the Conference. Cherries.

[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 1:14]

"Nice Pete's back" and "TOOT better be looking over his shoulder". And you wonder why some people don't enjoy your presence on message boards.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

An apology.............................. on 02:34 - Dec 12 with 398 viewsLeadbelly

Gerry,

I agree with much of what you say and haven't been posting much lately either.

It is not in my nature to ignore comments with which I disagree so I have responded. I've now come to the conclusion, sadly, that I am wasting my time as the individual who is a red rag to this bull shows absolutely no sign of learning from his long history of message board misdemeanours.

I could block Pete's posts or just ignore them, as has been suggested elsewhere. I don't feel able to do either. Instead I'm stepping away in the hope that I can return in the future when the current "rash" has been dealt with.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

An apology.............................. on 04:26 - Dec 12 with 389 viewsWessiehomesPete

An apology.............................. on 02:19 - Dec 12 by Leadbelly

"Nice Pete's back" and "TOOT better be looking over his shoulder". And you wonder why some people don't enjoy your presence on message boards.

TOOT defamed me.

He literally "called me out." I've never even met this bloke while I do do know lots of nice people in Colchester, London, Ipswich, Norwich, Diss...

Who the hell is this guy??

Gerry and I can always sort things. Daniel invited me back after I didn't post here for about 6 months. MFB and I have great talks about the NFL face to face. MrHappy and Des, we have great days in London.

Ethics is one of my favourite people ever. Thrillseeker is cool as heck. BFG is truly a Big Friendly Giant. He is about 6-5. Panners, I go to games with Pancab.

I wanna pull my hair out. What is so confusing that a lot of people like me??

I'm not perfect but what have I done to a few of you? Even Danno -- our admin -- has let me sit it his dad's seat.. he took me to Spurs Benfica at The Lane.

Can we get over it and move on to 2017?

C'mon brothers, can we just move onward?

I seem to have a reputation for something I don't deserve. Peeps, I even listen to U's Player on Saturday morning. Please, a couple of you, Let It Go.

Gerry is merely taking the p#ss. He knows I understand his humour.

Do you lot really want me to disappear?

And if so, Why? IT''s your Yank who loves our U's.

I'm not in some butt#head place in America. I'm a HUGE fan in WASHINGTON DC. That's not sht. A massive supporter in the DC :)

A few of you,.. can we just let it go? I bleed blue and white stripes.

And I will be among the 2300 strong for Mansfield :D

Here is my wish for 2017. Midtable will be fine. God bless.
An apology.............................. on 16:53 - Dec 12 with 342 viewsWessiehomesPete

An apology.............................. on 02:34 - Dec 12 by Leadbelly

Gerry,

I agree with much of what you say and haven't been posting much lately either.

It is not in my nature to ignore comments with which I disagree so I have responded. I've now come to the conclusion, sadly, that I am wasting my time as the individual who is a red rag to this bull shows absolutely no sign of learning from his long history of message board misdemeanours.

I could block Pete's posts or just ignore them, as has been suggested elsewhere. I don't feel able to do either. Instead I'm stepping away in the hope that I can return in the future when the current "rash" has been dealt with.

Leadbelly, don't block. I'm 99% certain that when we meet someday you'll like me.

I've been with Daniel's site in over a decade. After all these years I've talked about pretty much everything.

With regards to TOOT, I didn't appreciate being told I have "mental issues" when all that happened is I posted I was arriving in March and would someone take me in as I'd pay for food and beverage.

The OMB began posting things like You can stay in a tent. One person I don't know said basically that I make passes at boarder's wives.

It's like some kind of obsession with a handful. I don't even post on the OMB, per se. I post the NFL PL where Bromley and Tinjake participate there.

This is beginning to remind me of the old Reading board. "Readin' Readin' we'll kick your f8ing head in. This was way early days following English football.

The US opened up to actual live broadcasts. Reading was interesting because it had two Americans playing. But when I saw Colchester v Ipswich I was hooked for life.

Layer Fortress was the most amazing place I'd seen.

I mean, I've attended Furth in Germany. Loved seeing Canaries destroy ITFC at Portman. Seeing Spurs at The Lane is a priceless experience.

For some reason on my bucket list is Fulham. It feels like a polite venue.

What can I say :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024