Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL PL Wk 13 (NFL Wk 15) .. Short update. Deadline 18 Dec @ 18:00 21:37 - Dec 13 with 959 viewsWessiehomesPete

I'm stunned the fact I'm in 1st after so may weeks. I've always been the poster child for wooden spoon because I'v always picked with my heart, not NFL intelligence .. We have some serious contenders. RSCOSWORTH keeps fighting like mad. Holder MFB_CUFC is giving me a run for my money ... Past Champion TINJAKE that's a strong week, 8 points.

I have no idea what rabbit I pulled out of a hat for 10 points. But this is another week where I nailed all three 2 pointers.. Obviously The Houston Texans surprised us all in Indianapolis Texans 22-17... The other game that stands out this weekend is big because it's two great NFL cities. New York Jets 23 at San Francisco 49ers 17... What a freaking disaster the once-proud 49ers have become... Wowza the Niners are a pice of pile of uh-oh this year. This is multi Super Bowl Champions. They should be relegated, if that were possible.

I can't believe that Durham_Exile dropped out. Missed a week but his pick percentage is amazing. Looks like BROMLEYU needs to pick up the pace. But there's still a mountain of points to be nicked. THRILLSEEKER definitely needs a few solid weeks. Our past champion is in need of points, to say the least.

Results:

Worth 1 point
PITTSBURGH 27 at Buffalo 20
Denver 10 at TENNESSEE 13
WASHINGTON 27 at Philadelphia 22
MINNESOTA 25 at Jacksonville 16
HOUSTON 22 at Indianapolis 17
San Diego 16 at CAROLINA 28
NEW YORK JETS 23 at San Francisco 17
New Orleans 11 at TAMPA BAY 16

Worth 2 points
ATLANTA 42 at Los Angeles 14
Seattle 10 at GREEN BAY 38
Dallas 7 at NEW YORK GIANTS 10

The Table: tie-breaker pick percentage, then first one to post:

1. WESSIEHOMESPETE ... (7-4).......... 63-45 ... (+10) .... (86 points)
2. mfb_cufc ... (7-4) ...................... 64-44 ... (+8) ..... (84)
3. tinjake ... (6-5) ......................... 60-48 ... (+8) ..... (83)
4. RSCOSWORTH ... (7-4) ................. 57-42 ... (+8) ..... (76)
5. BromleyU ... (4-7) ...................... 53-46 ... (+5) ..... (72)
6. Thrillseeker ... (3-8) ................... 54-47 ... (+4) ..... (72)
7. durham_exile.... (0-0) ................. 51-39 ... (+0) ..... (65)

Here they are:

1 pointers:
MIAMI DOLPHINS at NEW YORK JETS
PITTSBURGH STEELERS at CINCINNATI BENGALS
TAMPA BUCCANEERS at DALLAS COWBOYS -- danger game. The Boys may have nothing left to play for while the Bucs do.
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES at BALTIMORE RAVENS -- rivalry, nothing tells me anything is secure about this one between Philly and B'more. Philly is just up the road from Baltimore. These two citehs Hate each other.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS at ARIZONA CARDINALS -- it's a game where you go meh, could go either way.

2 pointers: (4 this week)
GREEN BAY PACKERS at CHICAGO BEARS -- one of the all-time fabulous rivalries. Doesn't matter what their records are.
DETROIT LIONS at NEW YORK GIANTS -- in terms of the playoffs this one means a lot.
OAKLAND RAIDERS at SAN DIEGO CHARGERS -- California derby. That's nuff said.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS at DENVER BRONCOS -- this could be a preview of the AFC championship.

Enjoy and good luck.

For an NFL fan this is an amazing week.

Let me simply:

1 pointers:
MIAMI DOLPHINS at NEW YORK JETS
PITTSBURGH STEELERS at CINCINNATI BENGALS
TAMPA BUCCANEERS at DALLAS COWBOYS
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES at BALTIMORE RAVENS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS at ARIZONA CARDINALS

2 pointers: (4 this week)
GREEN BAY PACKERS at CHICAGO BEARS
DETROIT LIONS at NEW YORK GIANTS
OAKLAND RAIDERS at SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS at DENVER BRONCOS
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 23:04]
NFL PL Wk 13 (NFL Wk 15) .. Short update. Deadline 18 Dec @ 18:00 on 17:05 - Dec 19 with 314 viewsWessiehomesPete

NFL PL Wk 13 (NFL Wk 15) .. Short update. Deadline 18 Dec @ 18:00 on 11:17 - Dec 19 by Leadbelly

I pointed out that I knew there was a game on Saturday, as did other NFL fans of my acquaintance, and that this was no surprise as it happens every year. It was advertised here on Sky even if you didn't see it advertised in the US. It was also published, quite clearly, in the schedule on the NFL website.

I also pointed out, for the benefit of those who may have relied upon your statement regarding next week's schedule, that not all games are on Saturday. There is a game on Thursday night, two on Sunday and another on Monday night.

The fact I am not involved in the prediction league is irrelevant. I made no complaint nor was I "bitching" about anything. I await your apology.

You have my apology Leadbelly.

I'm TELLING you, there was no mention of the Saturday night game till I saw it was at HT on the NFL network. That's the more obscure channel versus Fox, NBC, CBS and ESPN.

And I respect that you do peek in on this thread. I wish you had participated this season.

But maybe just for a flyer you'll pick for the Super Bowl.

To your other point, it will be a Saturday deadline as most games in the PL will be on Saturday. Some of these sports networks are nebulous. I don't have time to be glued to ESPN everyday. They said something that suggested all games are on Saturday.

When I do post the next fixtures--meaning look at them--I would have seen that not all are on Saturday. And we never do Monday games.

Just some crossed signals. Only MFB had Miami on time. He's taking it in stride for no point. If I win by 1 point in the league then I will take an *asterisk and award a shirt to MFB if he finishes 2nd.
NFL PL Wk 13 (NFL Wk 15) .. Short update. Deadline 18 Dec @ 18:00 on 21:15 - Dec 20 with 282 viewsLeadbelly

NFL PL Wk 13 (NFL Wk 15) .. Short update. Deadline 18 Dec @ 18:00 on 17:05 - Dec 19 by WessiehomesPete

You have my apology Leadbelly.

I'm TELLING you, there was no mention of the Saturday night game till I saw it was at HT on the NFL network. That's the more obscure channel versus Fox, NBC, CBS and ESPN.

And I respect that you do peek in on this thread. I wish you had participated this season.

But maybe just for a flyer you'll pick for the Super Bowl.

To your other point, it will be a Saturday deadline as most games in the PL will be on Saturday. Some of these sports networks are nebulous. I don't have time to be glued to ESPN everyday. They said something that suggested all games are on Saturday.

When I do post the next fixtures--meaning look at them--I would have seen that not all are on Saturday. And we never do Monday games.

Just some crossed signals. Only MFB had Miami on time. He's taking it in stride for no point. If I win by 1 point in the league then I will take an *asterisk and award a shirt to MFB if he finishes 2nd.

Thank you

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024